• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 Philadelphia Eagles vs NE Patriots Sunday Sept. 10 4:25 PM EST CBS

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never tell anything from a still shot. His rate of speed plus the push makes me feel no way he could have got the foot dawn
I don't know if he could've gotten his foot down or not?

I watched it at full speed, slow mo and still.

The point is I didn't see any effort to attempt to tap/drag that back foot. I think it was a rookie mistake on a big stage. With practice and time he'll at least attempt to tap/drag that back foot.

From Boutte: Boutte called the play a missed opportunity, saying after the game he should have been able to make the catch. The following morning, he owned up to his miscue in a message posted to his Instagram story.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is I didn't see any effort to attempt to tap/drag that back foot. I think it was a rookie mistake on a big stage. With practice and time he'll at least attempt to tap/drag that back foot.
This I 100% agree with.

I do not think he could have gotten his toe down soon enough, but he didn't try either.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he could've gotten his foot down or not?

I watched it at full speed, slow mo and still.

From Boutte: Boutte called the play a missed opportunity, saying after the game he should have been able to make the catch. The following morning, he owned up to his miscue in a message posted to his Instagram story.

This I 100% agree with.

I do not think he could have gotten his toe down soon enough, but he didn't try either.
I to think that may be a fair assessment regardless of whether or not he could have gotten the foot in. I just feel he was barley able to get the right foot down it was already on the line, I suspect he knew he was out of bounds. Not that you still don't try to drag it.

I try to be a glass half full guy, my silver lining is we have a WR that can run routes, get separation and make catches. We can send him to tap classes.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I to think that may be a fair assessment regardless of whether or not he could have gotten the foot in. I just feel he was barley able to get the right foot down it was already on the line, I suspect he knew he was out of bounds. Not that you still don't try to drag it.

I try to be a glass half full guy, my silver lining is we have a WR that can run routes, get separation and make catches. We can send him to tap classes.
I think he is going to be good.
Like a legitimately GOOD WR. Maybe not HOF good, but...Reggie Wayne level maybe?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really really want him to go after Marvin Harrison Jr.
6'4" @ 205 and 4:3 speed.

And how many dropped balls last year?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about #1 ??

Bears have already said that they will take him in the first round if he's there. You know that the Colts will too.

BB will not. No sense in arguing about it. Bill is a defense first, then OL kinds guy. With his history drafting WRs in the first round, he's way too gun shy to pull that trigger. He'd trade out first and move down three positions and pick up someone's second, fifth and seventh along with their first rounder. Thing is, those four picks would be with the Patriots for the next four years and the first rounder would be here most likely for his career.

And we'd still bitch that he didn't take Harrison.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we'd still bitch that he didn't take Harrison.
Because he will put up massive numbers somewhere else,

All while not winning a Superbowl, while Bourne Boutte/Douglas earn 3 rings.

Boutte for our next WR to win SB MVP!!!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take in Harrison is that of a game by game basis. Teams like Mich, OSU, UGA play notoriously weak schedules in an effort to assure a spot in the BCS playoff. This not to say they don't have one or two legit opponents every year, but the numbers can looked skewed. I like to look at game by game performance. If he puts up 13 catches for 225 yards and two touchdowns against Western Kentucky how do those numbers look against Penn State or Mich>

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be a good OT in college somewhere!

4. T OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, PENN STATE

Fashanu got a first-round grade from the NFL draft advisory board for the 2023 class, but as just a redshirt sophomore at the time, he opted to return to Penn State for another season.

He opens the year as our top offensive tackle, one who has top-10 — and even top-five — potential. His 6-foot-6, 319-pound frame is above the 50th percentile for NFL offensive tackles in both height and weight. He allowed no sacks on 299 true pass-blocking snaps in 2022, with a pressure percentage of just 3.0%.

Fashanu's movement skills at his size are impressive. He covers so much ground in his kick slides and combines that with great balance when mitigating contact. His IQ is also far beyond his years. He understands the importance of offensive line chemistry and pressure that could come from all angles. He’ll also be just 21 years old on draft night in 2024.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4. T OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, PENN STATE

Fashanu got a first-round grade from the NFL draft advisory board for the 2023 class, but as just a redshirt sophomore at the time, he opted to return to Penn State for another season.

He opens the year as our top offensive tackle, one who has top-10 — and even top-five — potential. His 6-foot-6, 319-pound frame is above the 50th percentile for NFL offensive tackles in both height and weight. He allowed no sacks on 299 true pass-blocking snaps in 2022, with a pressure percentage of just 3.0%.

Fashanu's movement skills at his size are impressive. He covers so much ground in his kick slides and combines that with great balance when mitigating contact. His IQ is also far beyond his years. He understands the importance of offensive line chemistry and pressure that could come from all angles. He’ll also be just 21 years old on draft night in 2024.
And the Jets will be picking before us.
Maybe, they'll take a QB?