• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Cousins, time to move on

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 for 3 on a game winning drive in which gruden essentially took the game out of his hands is your best line of reasoning?!?!?!

That's hilarious.
My best reasoning for what? What was i reasoning? You claim he didn't play great and he was a game manager. I just wanted to clarify what you definition of a game manager was. Do I have it correct?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Sharks total evaluation of the game. OF course he didn't give it to me. Chiller said the same thing I did.

My total assessment.

The ground game came through.. finally.
The Defense actually played defense, rather well actually.
The QB had a solid, not spectacular game. He made the throws he needed to make, never even came close to being picked off, and if he had more trust in his WR's and Pryor could catch the ball more often, he should have had an excellent game.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best reasoning for what? What was i reasoning? You claim he didn't play great and he was a game manager. I just wanted to clarify what you definition of a game manager was. Do I have it correct?

KC's box score is the very definition of game manager. Why is this so hard for you?

KC went:

18/27 179 yards and 1 td. He averaged 6.6 yards per pass. Goff averaged 9 yards per pass.

Every pass KC made that went for longer than 6 yards was a short cross in which the wr ran after the catch. Nothing downfield.

Meanwhile the running game went 39 for 230, or 5.9 yards per carry.

Game. Manager.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC's box score is the very definition of game manager. Why is this so hard for you?

KC went:

18/27 179 yards and 1 td. He averaged 6.6 yards per pass. Goff averaged 9 yards per pass.

Every pass KC made that went for longer than 6 yards was a short cross in which the wr ran after the catch. Nothing downfield.

Game. Manager.
Solid performance. I'll take it every week.

One question. While we have been educated by one poster on here that stats don't mean anything (I'm sure you know who I'm referring to), I actually disagree. Why do you believe that there were very few downfield passes?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...no.

A run heavy game plan was a good call, obviously.

OTOH, if you're making $24 million, you should NOT miss easy tosses to wide open rb's for big gains just because you are scrambling. Sorry.

This is AFTER throwing off his back foot in the red zone to what would be an easy touchdown to Crowder, ending in an INT.

They've had a training camp already. If KC is 'the man" then stop bullshitting about "timing," and "injuries," and get it done.

Based on your post Aaron Rodgers and Dak Prescott should be benched too. :trash::trash::trash::trash: By the way I have been watching guys who are considered good QBs throw off their back foot all day. Is it optimal? No. Does it happen, yes. I noticed you forgot to mention the QB right in CT's hands with nothing but green that CT dropped. Cherry picking? :scratch:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC went:

Game. Manager.

Game plan. LA has great pass rushers but small guys. What some people know about football you couldn't fill a thimble with.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean that wins as well as losses will be a referendum on Cousins every week? If so, it's going to be a loooonnggg season :drink:

Yes, if the team loses it is Cousin's fault. If the team wins it was a team win. :suds:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean that wins as well as losses will be a referendum on Cousins every week? If so, it's going to be a loooonnggg season :drink:

It in the language man!! Thing is, I don't believe that they know that they're doing it. It's he's led us to victory until a loss then it's a team game or it's Kirk lost this game instead of the team loss this one. I don't know what to tell you, culturally, it's what happens when there is so much attention given to one position.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on your post Aaron Rodgers and Dak Prescott should be benched too. :trash::trash::trash::trash: By the way I have been watching guys who are considered good QBs throw off their back foot all day. Is it optimal? No. Does it happen, yes. I noticed you forgot to mention the QB right in CT's hands with nothing but green that CT dropped. Cherry picking? :scratch:
That's because KC threw it too hard. He mentioned that in one of his earlier posts. In his defense, he didn't say it just like that, but that could easily be inferred.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As president of the Kirk Cousin's Redskin for Life Committee, he has not played well so far this year. He has been average. There are still 14 more games to go. Based on his last two years he deserves the money he got this year. He bet on himself. He wins or loses at the end of the year. Today he did what was necessary to win.

Last week he missed what could have been a go ahead TD, today he helped lead the winning drive and threw the winning TD. Still 14 games to go. Status undetermined.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As president of the Kirk Cousin's Redskin for Life Committee, he has not played well so far this year. He has been average. There are still 14 more games to go. Based on his last two years he deserves the money he got this year. He bet on himself. He wins or loses at the end of the year. Today he did what was necessary to win.

Last week he missed what could have been a go ahead TD, today he helped lead the winning drive and threw the winning TD. Still 14 games to go. Status undetermined.

Good post.

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It in the language man!! Thing is, I don't believe that they know that they're doing it. It's he's led us to victory until a loss then it's a team game or it's Kirk lost this game instead of the team loss this one. I don't know what to tell you, culturally, it's what happens when there is so much attention given to one position.

Exactly! Just funny how this eclipses what a fan is traditionally rooting for, i.e. for their team to win!!

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd sum it up by saying last week he didn't help the team win, and this week he did enough for them to win. So really it cancels itself out and he is back to a clean slate :noidea:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Just funny how this eclipses what a fan is traditionally rooting for, i.e. for their team to win!!
It's amazing, isn't it? I have no doubt that there are a few that post on here regularly that were secretly hoping that KC would throw an INT on that last drive. Just so they could claim they were right. They would never openly admit to it, but I'm sure they would have loved to be able to make hay out of it.

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing, isn't it? I have no doubt that there are a few that post on here regularly that were secretly hoping that KC would throw an INT on that last drive. Just so they could claim they were right. They would never openly admit to it, but I'm sure they would have loved to be able to make hay out of it.

There are also those on here that are openly on the suck for "insert rookie QB sensation" bandwagon as well. The agenda overrides all else.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are also those on here that are openly on the suck for "insert rookie QB sensation" bandwagon as well. The agenda overrides all else.

At least some are open about it. The ones we should question are the ones that give the back handed complements when Kirk plays OK, but are quick to damn him after a loss.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, I want KC to succeed. I don't think he sucks.

I do think he has not played well down the stretch last year, in the game against the giants, and now in TWO games in this season.

He has a great oline. He has enough of a running game. He had terrific weapons last year, and now has above average weapons, including an elite TE.

It's time for him to shit or get off the pot. Right now, he isn't worth $24 million. It doesn't mean he WON'T be, but his play these last two weeks don't warrant $24 million. Anyone saying anything otherwise is watching the game from another planet.

He played like shit at the end of last season and in game 1. We agree.

Is his OL great? I think you should look at how they performed down the stretch last season and early this season.

Were his weapons terrific last season or were his weapons good in this offense with this QB?

Is his TE elite? He is an elite pass catcher and a horrid blocker that is often injured, like now.

No, his play in the first two weeks of the season after losing two one thousand yard WRs ( never in the history of the game), lost his GM, lost his OC, and had to be subjected to BA having a conference calling his QB a greedy shit for not taking a low ball deal hasn't warranted 24 million dollars.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC went:

Game. Manager.

Even though what you say is bullshit. Lets say everything you say above is true. So what? Joe Montana and Tom Brady, two of the greatest QBs in NFL history have gotten to the place where they are at by throwing short passes that allowed pass catchers to continue running after the catch.

It seems some of us refuse to be happy with a win, a great team win I might add. Unless the Redskins win in the way they deem appropriate.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC managed the game well, made some nice throws, came through in the end when it counts, got some help on D and with the running game. I'll take it.

Now...can he put the team on his back and take over a game? Carry us to victory when some of those things aren't helping him out? That is where he has fell a bit short in the past. That is where the good and great QBs separate themselves.