• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Cousins, time to move on

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? This is the exact situation at the end of the game that you have been busting his balls over. He did his job and won the game. Why can't this be progress? What was average about his play today?

I never said he didn't do his job. The running game and the defense was big today. Do you admit that?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he didn't do his job. The running game and the defense was big today. Do you admit that?
Absolutely. This was a team win and the way it should be. All facets stepped up when they were needed. That's why this talk all off season about KC winning or losing games was stupid.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so much wrong, I just thought his play was just average.

OK. I get that........to an extent. He didn't have a lotta yards, but neither he and more importantly, the Redskins needed him to.

J's right. If there's one play I'd like Kirk to have back. Its that's overthrow to CT on the sidelines. That had TD written all over it.

So did that perfectly placed pass to CT in the middle of the field that CT dropped.

Kirk did what he had to do when he had to do it. What more can you ask of a player?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wont give KC any credit , game on the line he produced and why scoring a TD over a FG changes the mentality .
he made a poor throw last week but the play was there to be made this week instead of the cowardly dean way he stepped up and made the play to the walking tripper

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enjoy the win! This defense seems much much much better than last year and the running game showed up today. Next up the raiders so this D better show up again

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC didn't play great, but also didn't have to.

He missed the one to CT on the sidelines, which would have gone for big yardage.
He missed one to Pryor on the far sidelines that would have been for a first down.
He showed little awareness on his few play action opportunities.
He bulleted the pass to CT on the crossing route that CT SHOULD have held on to, but didn't.

I thought he played fairly average. I though the OLine played pretty freakin' awesome, considering how dominant the Rams DLine was last week.

I hope Perine stutter steps less next game, because that dude is a load to bring down.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. This was a team win and the way it should be. All facets stepped up when they were needed. That's why this talk all off season about KC winning or losing games was stupid.
Dog gone it @j_y19 , I wanted to give you full props for this post but, ahhhh, er. ummm, special teams, not so much!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are bitching about Cousin's today then your really not a Redskin football fan. You are an ignoramus who just wants to be right.

Gruden said the game plan was run heavy because the Rams have a very active (pass rush) but small DL. You can watch every player, every game and find things wrong. This is a TEAM game. You win as a team and you lose as a team.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are bitching about Cousin's today then your really not a Redskin football fan. You are an ignoramus who just wants to be right.

Gruden said the game plan was run heavy because the Rams have a very active (pass rush) but small DL. You can watch every player, every game and find things wrong. This is a TEAM game. You win as a team and you lose as a team.

Ummmm...no.

A run heavy game plan was a good call, obviously.

OTOH, if you're making $24 million, you should NOT miss easy tosses to wide open rb's for big gains just because you are scrambling. Sorry.

This is AFTER throwing off his back foot in the red zone to what would be an easy touchdown to Crowder, ending in an INT.

They've had a training camp already. If KC is 'the man" then stop bullshitting about "timing," and "injuries," and get it done.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins was harassed all day. Took a vicious sack early and hung on to the ball. Defense allowed a 90 yard drive first possession in the 2nd half and let them back in the game. Cousins wasn't great today but he managed the game well. Came up huge with a nice toss to pryor who actually held on for the winning TD. Great INT by D to seal the deal. Each side of ball has some problems to sort out but a win is a win. Next week we have to play our best. Just happy were at home against this Raider team.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins was harassed all day. Took a vicious sack early and hung on to the ball. Defense allowed a 90 yard drive first possession in the 2nd half and let them back in the game. Cousins wasn't great today but he managed the game well. Came up huge with a nice toss to Ryan Grant who actually held on for the winning TD. Great INT by D to seal the deal. Each side of ball has some problems to sort out but a win is a win. Next week we have to play our best. Just happy were at home against this Raider team.

FTFY

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gkekoa disagrees. what a surprise.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC didn't play great, but also didn't have to.

He missed the one to CT on the sidelines, which would have gone for big yardage.
He missed one to Pryor on the far sidelines that would have been for a first down.
He showed little awareness on his few play action opportunities.
He bulleted the pass to CT on the crossing route that CT SHOULD have held on to, but didn't.

I thought he played fairly average. I though the OLine played pretty freakin' awesome, considering how dominant the Rams DLine was last week.

I hope Perine stutter steps less next game, because that dude is a load to bring down.

That was nothing wrong with the pass to CT in the middle of the field. Except CT taking his eyes of the ball.

Nor do I recall this unawareness of which speak.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take the final drive away, are you happy with Kc's performance tonight?

I didn't get to see much of the game but what I saw was not good enough from KC. The OL has to protect him better as well. Next week we will have to get better play from both. Hopefully, the runblocking remains and the defense keeps it up.

That being said, YOU love to say all that matters is game winning plays. KC could throw for 450 yards and 4 TDs but if he doesn't get a TD on the final drive and we lost, you would say he played like shit.

You are the one who needs to be objective and lose the bias.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...no.

OTOH, if you're making $24 million, you should NOT miss easy tosses to wide open rb's for big gains just because you are scrambling. Sorry.

This is AFTER throwing off his back foot in the red zone to what would be an easy touchdown to Crowder, ending in an INT.

They've had a training camp already. If KC is 'the man" then stop bullshitting about "timing," and "injuries," and get it done.
go look at tom brady last week against the chiefs and that says it all . people miss throws , he did too . KC hit the one he needed too though

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...no.

Really? I just saw Matt ryan miss a wide open receiver because he was throwing off his back foot. QB's miss passes. Jesus. There has never been a QB that completed 100% of his throws (with the exception of the Rams punter). And got news for you. KC will not be the first.

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean that wins as well as losses will be a referendum on Cousins every week? If so, it's going to be a loooonnggg season :drink: