• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Cousins Time To Get A New QB

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my boy dean thinks we only need to mail it in vs you guys . he doesnt respect your team at all thinks its an automatic win . i said you guys have had our number for years

Dean is wrong, but so are you.

To your first point though about dean checking off the Rams as a win. I've never understood how a Redskins fan who's watched the Redskins throughout the Snyder era of ownership could have this mindset. Not to you dad, but can a Redskins fan who's checked off any game this year as a "this game should be an automatic win for the Skins." explain it to me. Because as I see it....you have absolutely nothing to fall back or reach for as a valid reason why you'd have such a perplexing and quite frankly completely irrational belief.

As for your belief dad that the Rams have the Skins number. The Skins and Rams have played each other 39 times up to this point. The Skins record against the Rams in those 39 games is 25-13-1

To get a little more current though. Throughout the 2000s. The Rams and Skins have played each other 11 times. The Skins record in those games against the Rams is 6-5.

2000 - Skins 33/Rams 20
2002 - Skins 20/Rams 17
2005 - Skins 24/Rams 9
2006 - Rams 37/Skins 31 Overtime
2008 - Rams 19/Skins 17
2009 - Skins 9/Rams 7
2010 - Rams 30/Skins 16
2011 - Skins 17/Rams 10
2012 - Rams 31/Skins 28
2014 - Rams 24/Skins 0
2015 - Skins 24/Rams 10

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how stupid are you ? we both said he played badly , we both said he made a bad throw , he was off all day . we know what you are dean

every game with KC will be a referendum on him . in the end he will have a good season

This gives me an idea.........to be continued in a new thread.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Summers Sports Bar in Manhatten Beach, Ca is a down ass spot owned by big Redskin fan. He made it a home away from home for transplanted Skins fans in the southlands of Cali.

Is "down ass spot" a good or bad thing?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Summers Sports Bar in Manhatten Beach, Ca is a down ass spot owned by big Redskin fan. He made it a home away from home for transplanted Skins fans in the southlands of Cali.

Cool. I wonder if it rivals Joxers in Culver City in terms of the volume of Redskins fans. Unfortunately - I have not live in that area for several years & miss places like this. Hopefully some folks here take advantage of this place - good times.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10:38 AM ET
  • i

John KeimESPN Staff Writer
ASHBURN, Va. -- The play should have resulted in a touchdown, or, at the least, a first down. Instead, it served as another reminder of an area Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins has struggled: throwing under duress.

So rather than connecting with Jamison Crowder against an all-out blitz for a likely touchdown, Cousins threw a high pass that was intercepted. As coach Jay Gruden said Monday, it was similar to an interception he threw against Arizona last season.

"It was the same exact route and the same exact outcome," Gruden said. "When you have a free hitter in your face, you have got to do a good job of drifting and trying to make a good throw. The ball just got away from him."

It's not as if Cousins always falters in these situations. Sunday, he delivered a ball under duress to running back Chris Thompson, who then turned it into a 26-yard catch and run for a touchdown earlier in Sunday's loss to the Eagles. On a bootleg, he had safety Malcolm Jenkins in his face and righted himself to make a good throw. He also stepped up and pivoted to avoid another free rusher, then completed a pass.

But according to the stats, it is an overall area where Cousins must improve.

definition: if a quarterback must slide to avoid pressure, or alter his throw or if the defender has a clear line on him).

Some stats from ESPN Stats & Information to consider, along with context:

Completion percentage: Among quarterbacks with at least 20 starts since 2015, Cousins ranks 20th in completion percentage (45.3) when under duress. He's one spot behind Aaron Rodgers. And Cousins' percentage ranks ahead of these quarterbacks: Philip Rivers, Derek Carr, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota and Cam Newton.

But the result of those passes speaks to the difference. Cousins has thrown eight touchdowns and 10 interceptions when under duress. Rodgers? He's thrown 18 touchdowns to four interceptions. How about Brady, Marriota and Newton? A combined 33 touchdowns and 11 picks. So they might complete a lower percentage than Cousins, but they make teams pay more. And they don't turn it over.

Make them pay: That's one thing Cousins hasn't done and it's reflected in his touchdown totals. He's averaged 5.23 yards per attempt when under duress, 26th in the NFL -- one spot behind Joe Flacco and two behind Drew Brees. The top two quarterbacks in yards per attempt during this period: Jay Cutler and Tyrod Taylor. Ben Roethlisberger ranks fourth here, but has thrown six touchdowns to nine interceptions.

Blitz/duress: It's different when teams blitzed Cousins. Then, he averaged an NFL-best 8.86 yards per pass among quarterbacks with at least 20 starts. And he had a 96.9 passer rating. When blitzed and under duress? Cousins' numbers (four touchdowns, six interceptions, 53.6 passer rating) are comparable to Russell Wilson's (three touchdowns, four interceptions; 56.5 rating).

Passer rating: This isn't always the best measure, but it's one point of reference. So, in the previous two seasons combined, only two current starting quarterbacks have a worse passer rating when under duress: Manning and Alex Smith. But when using the raw quarterback rating, which factors in game situations, Cousins is last at 41.6 out of 100.

Sunday, the Eagles rushed seven against six blockers, so a linebacker was coming free up the middle as Thompson had to block another blitzer right beside him. That meant Cousins had to throw in a hurry. He threw off his back foot while drifting back. Typically, he throws over the top but on this play his arm appeared to drop a little lower. The combination of those factors caused the pass to go over the top of the 5-foot-8 Crowder.

Against Arizona last season, Cousins slid to his right with a blitzing D.J. Swearinger bearing on him from the other side, and another rusher winning against right tackle Morgan Moses. The Cardinals rushed seven as well, facing six blockers.

As Crowder broke inside -- he might have scored on this play, too -- Cousins couldn't get his hips around to throw back towards the middle. The pass was behind him and intercepted. Both were third-down plays. Cousins wasn't fooled by the pressure, he just didn't get the results he needed.

"You've got to be safe with the ball," Gruden said of Sunday's throw. "That was a good rush but I think the ball just sailed on him by a hair unfortunately."

here are some stats and a legit criticism . so dean you cant use this because stats dont tell a story according to you . we are just stat guys according to you , unless of course it backs up your POV then stats are the end all be all . noticed I posted this because i am not biased

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

big missed wr here . from the biased skinsdad62 dept

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is too bad. He never looked to the right though. Again, I think he was feeling the pressure there too.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad mechanics there, he might have been "feeling" something on this play that wasn't there. He had time to set and find the open receiver (pause it at the time of release and there's no one that close to him to cause him to rush) He also seems to have focused on making this play his primary, secondary and only read.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason he didn't look elsewhere is because he correctly read the max blitz presnap and called a hot read. On that play, the hot read was crowder on a quick slant. There was no reason to look elsewhere as his primary receiver was open. The pass was just off the mark.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason he didn't look elsewhere is because he correctly read the max blitz presnap and called a hot read. On that play, the hot read was crowder on a quick slant. There was no reason to look elsewhere as his primary receiver was open. The pass was just off the mark.

That's really giving Kirk some serious benefit of doubt. Where it's true that some believe that it's a bad throw on a good read, It could have been an equally bad throw on a bad read to Pryor in the end zone.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really giving Kirk some serious benefit of doubt. Where it's true that some believe that it's a bad throw on a good read, It could have been an equally bad throw on a bad read to Pryor in the end zone.
I didn't analyze this. Its what Gruden and KC both said happened.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you know KC threw off his back foot on this
He did. Wanna know why? Look at Scherff and Moses blocking on this play. OR lack there of. KC had very little time to throw, let alone get set. What in the hell has happened to our Oline?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. Wanna know why? Look at Scherff and Moses blocking on this play. OR lack there of. KC had very little time to throw, let alone get set. What in the hell has happened to our Oline?

Amen brother. Scherff got beat inside, straight toward the QB. Moses got beat outside. You can't step up and you can't get back. I guess he shouldn't have thrown the ball to Chris Thompson.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting, because I remember that same argument being bandied about on this site in another thread. Truth is, now as it was then, not about Kirk's ability to "still learn," almost everyone on the planet has the ability to continue learning. The question is.....can he improve/ get better as a QB? That is, after all, what folks are really talking about when they use the "still learning" argument......right?