• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU vs. Alabama a conspiracy?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you can say that considering GT rarely throws the ball.

Because you cannot just run the ball. Smelter has almost 800 yds receiving. He is an excellent blocker and is their big play guy. He avgs over 20 yds per reception. That is key for them because FSU can load the box entirely if they want to with their biggest and best outside threat out of the game. As for Williams. He has fewer touches and yds over the last 4 games than Cook does. Cook has become the feature back especially in the second half.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you cannot just run the ball. Smelter has almost 800 yds receiving. He is an excellent blocker and is their big play guy. He avgs over 20 yds per reception. That is key for them because FSU can load the box entirely if they want to with their biggest and best outside threat out of the game. As for Williams. He has fewer touches and yds over the last 4 games than Cook does. Cook has become the feature back especially in the second half.

He averages less catches than Williams Averages carries and less yards.

You also lose Williams as a short yardage back and blocking as well.

They are equal losses at best.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He averages less catches than Williams Averages carries and less yards.

You also lose Williams as a short yardage back and blocking as well.

They are equal losses at best.

Cook has done quite well the last 2 games in pass pro. He has also been running in between the tackles a lot more. Williams is not a home run hitter like Smelter. That is why I believe it is a bigger loss for GT. That home run and explosive play guy versus a short yardage back who believe it or not can be replaced.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook has done quite well the last 2 games in pass pro. He has also been running in between the tackles a lot more. Williams is not a home run hitter like Smelter. That is why I believe it is a bigger loss for GT. That home run and explosive play guy versus a short yardage back who believe it or not can be replaced.

If you are going on potential maybe because Williams obviously doesn't have that, but they both have been as equally productive over the last several games.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add to this a little.

Here are the stats from when Cook starting getting a lot of reps which was the Louisville game.

Cook 65 carries for 458yds at 7.04 ypc
Williams 56 carries for 231yds at 4.12 ypc
Edit: Since the Louisville game Cook has 4 TDS and Williams has 3 TDs

Since Cook has broken through and shown he can handle the offense and responsibilities Cook has been the better overall back and gotten a lot more time and reps. I stated that the short yardage runs are going to be missed by the bowling ball Williams, BUT FSU installed a package for those this year. They have run it twice this season both times for Cook. They bring in Mario Edwards Jr as a 2nd fullback. Both time it was a 2 yd run for a td. I expect that to happen more if the short yardage situations happen this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Maguire be ready to go tomorrow?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping for an injury to Winston?

No.. didn't you hear? Winston will sit out the first half for violating the code of conduct. Something about his written statement about the r*pe case and the statement he made the other day not being accurate. Just saw it on ESPN news.

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.. didn't you hear? Winston will sit out the first half for violating the code of conduct. Something about his written statement about the r*pe case and the statement he made the other day not being accurate. Just saw it on ESPN news.

:lol:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_ljb5cxKqS11qixleeo1_500.gif

This man has jokes!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admit it!!! You flipped over to ESPN to check out the headlines!!! :)

No, but I did spit out the water I was drinking when I read it. For a couple of reasons. Good job. Although my wife's golden retriever probably did not appreciate the spit bath he got sitting beside my desk. :lol:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I did spit out the water I was drinking when I read it. For a couple of reasons. Good job. Although my wife's golden retriever probably did not appreciate the spit bath he got sitting beside my desk. :lol:

I should have made it about crab legs... it would have been funnier.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to see Alabama vs Oregon, Obviously they don't want the SEC team traveling outside the SEC territory. And the way Saban complained about the high tempo offense of Auburn and LSU they do not want Saban to play Oregon.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admit it!!! You flipped over to ESPN to check out the headlines!!! :)

I think at this point all their fans realize there is no way FSU would let that happen and it had to be a joke.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any joke about crabs is always funnier

as long as winston lives, he'll never live that down. I can see stealing a 40.. or some beef jerky.. but crab legs? cracks me up just thinking about him getting caught and trying to explain it!! :pound: