• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU Jimbo Gone

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has always been able to pull from Bama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Florida. College Station got Texas? New Mexico? Arkansas? Oooh Cali?

:wank:

They don't even have Texas. Look up the top 10 players in state this year and where they're going.......hell the top 20

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pitch doesn't work when you're getting your ass kicked in the SEC regularly.......you've been using it for years and it hasn't really worked out for you.

You should be selling A&M, not the SEC. Kids don't play for the SEC, they play for A&M......that should be your only real pitch.

You guys need to get out of the mentality of riding the coattails of all the other programs in your conference and stand on your own. If you think Bama is pitching SEC to recruits, or Georgia, or LSU, you're sadly mistaken

Yeah the whole "We play in the SEC" pitch only works if you're competitive in the conference. No one wants to go play for a team that gets their asses handed to them on a regular basis, regardless of conference affiliation.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to say when you don't have a conference to tout.

Guarantee every SEC school uses the SEC competition and exposure to recruit with. To say they don't is just being silly.

I'm saying they don't.

If you think Saban EVER mentions his competition to a recruit.......well then you need to get your head checked.

AGGY uses that pitch. I highly doubt anyone else does that actually, you know, WINS

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and @fordman84

Are we arguing in-state recruits or SATs? Like TX is the only state where high school football players do NOT get special treatment?

:L

Dude, I live in Tampa, I am under no illusions that high school recruits around the country are not over pampered primma donnas whether they are at Armwood, Southlake Carroll or Hoover.

That being said, It bothers me, on many levels that a Sports Agent organization is in charge of a high school in this state or any state. It seems contrary to everything we as a society are trying to achieve with high school sports.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Places like St Thomas and IMG are not "high schools". They recruit and give scholarships to bring in top talent from around the country. For that reason it isn't "recruiting" when CFB coaches go there. The highest bidder or the best "scratch my back and I'll get yours" gets the best players from those places.

We aren't talking about athletes getting tutors or running small town Texas, we are talking about "schools" that pull talent from all over the country. I'm not sure where in Texas that exists. Does Prime Academy still exist?

:lame:

Ok so take those out and Florida stills has more top high school players than Texas.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't even have Texas. Look up the top 10 players in state this year and where they're going.......hell the top 20

Hey man, not everyone can have a top 10 draft class and then win 5 games like Texas

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I live in Tampa, I am under no illusions that high school recruits around the country are not over pampered primma donnas whether they are at Armwood, Southlake Carroll or Hoover.

That being said, It bothers me, on many levels that a Sports Agent organization is in charge of a high school in this state or any state. It seems contrary to everything we as a society are trying to achieve with high school sports.

If Southlake goes out and pays for a kid to go to school here the UIL would fuck their shit up. I'm not talking about getting nice stadiums or cake walk classes, I'm talking about literally going and recruiting kids to your school and paying for their "education" in return for a cut of future earnings. Southlake or Allen or public Texas schools may do that once or twice but don't fill their team out by doing that.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you don't pay attention to how BAMA recruits then..? College football is all about money. High schools know this. Grade schools know this.

It's way past too late to change things. These private schools recruit grade school kids all over the country. There are a few in St. Louis and Chicago that pull in kids from the projects to play sports and get an education out in the burbs. There is some good in this.

Florida just has more talent in high school football than Texas. No way around it

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, not everyone can have a top 10 draft class and then 5 games like Texas

And not everyone can win 8 games a year and never finish above 4th in their HALF of the conference.

Or win anything of note since what, 1939?

Seriously, as an aggy fan, you should know you CANNOT talk shit about any other program that's won more than you since your school has existed. You don't have scoreboard, you don't have skins on the wall.

I get it......you HAVE to pimp your conference because you CAN'T pimp your school and it's successes........which is why you are still aggy.

Sooner or later you guys are going to learn to stand on your own two feet. THAT is when you will become a legit power in college football. But as long as you all keep the little brother mentality, you'll stay little brother. You have every resource to be amongst the best......and you guys just can't get out your own way.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

Jimmy Sexton

This fat piece of shit, is causing some serious problems for University around the Country
tumblr_n5qrveeb211ta738no1_400.gif

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gator tears are the best. Good thing we got a 5 star center last year and are loaded at CB.

Bring on the younger coaches and good luck to Jimbo trying to recruit the South FL kids to go to College station
yes im crying for fsu ...you nailed it einstein :thumb:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he'll have a hard time getting past MY dick...maybe he can try the cranberry sauce, or something
It's not gay if there wasn't any butter melting on the top. If there was, ur pregnant.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Southlake goes out and pays for a kid to go to school here the UIL would fuck their shit up. I'm not talking about getting nice stadiums or cake walk classes, I'm talking about literally going and recruiting kids to your school and paying for their "education" in return for a cut of future earnings. Southlake or Allen or public Texas schools may do that once or twice but don't fill their team out by doing that.

I have 0 problems with that...that kind of shit happens everywhere.

I don't have a problem with elite private schools per se either.

I do have a problem with one being run by Agents...seems shady as fuck to me.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes im crying for fsu ...you nailed it einstein :thumb:

Has it been 5 or 6 years in a row? I keep forgetting

LOL FSU isn't worried about a coach. We'll get the best candidate if Jimbo leaves my man. Don't you worry now

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can dig that

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not everyone can win 8 games a year and never finish above 4th in their HALF of the conference.

Or win anything of note since what, 1939?

Seriously, as an aggy fan, you should know you CANNOT talk shit about any other program that's won more than you since your school has existed. You don't have scoreboard, you don't have skins on the wall.

I get it......you HAVE to pimp your conference because you CAN'T pimp your school and it's successes........which is why you are still aggy.

Sooner or later you guys are going to learn to stand on your own two feet. THAT is when you will become a legit power in college football. But as long as you all keep the little brother mentality, you'll stay little brother. You have every resource to be amongst the best......and you guys just can't get out your own way.

I'm not trying to scoreboard you. In fact it is you that has been talking shit about A&M this entire thread. Not even sure why you are in here, honestly. "You need to stand on your own two feet" might be something you say A) when you have a point, or B) when we aren't apparently heavily in the running for a big name coach who might just help us do that.

My guess is you are here because you don't want to talk about what an abject failure your school has been for a decade now, as you pretend Texas is still a place everyone wants to coach or play.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying they don't.

If you think Saban EVER mentions his competition to a recruit.......well then you need to get your head checked.

AGGY uses that pitch. I highly doubt anyone else does that actually, you know, WINS

I don't know about never...but if he does a backhanded compliment might be the best they could hope for.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't affect me so I don't really have a problem with it either. I have just been pointing out that looking at the Rivals top 100 as proof that FL is any where all the recruits are is stupid.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McElwain would be perfect for FSUx.

He wasn't good enough for UF - just like everyone who ever went to Florida State. :dhd: What about Zook?