• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office @ Mgmt

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Pretty much down to one HC and one GM choice now. Shit could be bad for a long time if Kyle or Paton say no.

I agree. If Shanahan feels that it's better for him to stay with Atlanta, Niners are up the creek without a paddle. All these candidates they interviewed are dropping out like flies. It's not a good look for the 49ers. He has to remember that the Niners do not have a Matt Ryan, Julio Jones or Vic Beasley. He's basically starting back to square one. It's going to take a while for the Niners to be respectable again.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For me i'll say it again, i'm FOR Jed seeking the best candidates. This as opposed to taking someone 'faster', just to appease fans. If he had selected someone earlier, the fans would criticize him for not getting the best guys.

Now that the field is narrowed down, fans are "complaining" there aren't enough candidates?! Well, if we want the good ones to remain, then obviously the 'not as good' has to be signed by other teams. If it all falls apart, you can't fault Jed for seeking the best combo.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me i'll say it again, i'm FOR Jed seeking the best candidates. This as opposed to taking someone 'faster', just to appease fans. If he had selected someone earlier, the fans would criticize him for not getting the best guys.

Now that the field is narrowed down, fans are "complaining" there aren't enough candidates?! Well, if we want the good ones to remain, then obviously the 'not as good' has to be signed by other teams. If it all falls apart, you can't fault Jed for seeking the best combo.
Not complaining, just concerned. The rebuilding process is long and without good leaders it could be decades again.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a shit show. York said they might open up the search again for GM. What a mess. Im shocked Shanahan wants to be the HC here. The only good thing is we have the #2 pick and after Kap is gone we will have 100 mill in cap space. Talent isn't great on this team. Im also shocked Bradley didn't want to be the DC with this young defense where he can mold them into what he wants.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a shit show. York said they might open up the search again for GM. What a mess. Im shocked Shanahan wants to be the HC here. The only good thing is we have the #2 pick and after Kap is gone we will have 100 mill in cap space. Talent isn't great on this team. Im also shocked Bradley didn't want to be the DC with this young defense where he can mold them into what he wants.

Ive heard conflicting things on Bradley. Seems Seahawk fans didn't care for him during his time there (?).

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I concur with Darken. I'm glad that Jed and company are seeking out the best possible candidates. I'm not complaining but concerned. Jed is down to one head coach candidate with Shanahan. All of his eggs are in one basket. Let's hope that Shanahan agrees to be the next head coach. It's true that the Falcons had the #1 scoring offense this year, but that team is LOADED with talent. The Niners on the other hand have NO or very little talent on offense and defense.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic here but I'm having a blast watching Steeler and Packer fans crying about how the NFL rigged the calls in their games. Two francises who owe at least 60% of their success to missed calls/bad calls over the last decade-plus crying about officiating seems so.. ironic.. to me.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic here but I'm having a blast watching Steeler and Packer fans crying about how the NFL rigged the calls in their games. Two francises who owe at least 60% of their success to missed calls/bad calls over the last decade-plus crying about officiating seems so.. ironic.. to me.
Two of the worst NFC/AFC title games I have ever watched. No officiating or anything else could have save the Packers or Steelers. Truly pathetic.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the worst divisional games I have ever watched. No officiating or anything else could have save the Packers or Steelers. Truly pathetic.

I enjoyed them just for the simple fact that for the first time in a very long time I don't care who wins the Super Bowl.

Both teams that I wanted to lose, lost today. I'm so sick of ESPN's love fest with jerk-ass Rogers.

Regardless, I feel that the Super Bowl will be a good one and will make up for the beatdowns today.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed them just for the simple fact that for the first time in a very long time I don't care who wins the Super Bowl.

Both teams that I wanted to lose, lost today. I'm so sick of ESPN's love fest with jerk-ass Rogers.

Regardless, I feel that the Super Bowl will be a good one and will make up for the beatdowns today.
Rogers is an excellent QB. Brady is so much better than all the rest of the current group of QBs though and it was very clear today.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i want the Falcons to win, they haven't won anything for some time.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like muscle memory...the whole perception is reality/groupthink process. Yes Jed York has made some bad decisions...yes he hasn't looked good in press conferences...yes he's going through HC's faster than shit through a goose.

I'll say this however...he has approached this HC/GM process about as good as it can be done. It may feel like an eternity, but it does look like Shanahan will be the next HC. Realistically, he couldn't do better....unless somebody was all over Anthony Lynn and such? Did the GM search go as well? Of course not...there are several guys I would've preferred over whomever will be the guy, but the fact is York wants Shanahan to also be included in finding a guy that they both can work together with.

Sometimes guys just don't want the job....probably because of a poor franchise image, but for other reasons as well. Would people want to go back to Kelly/Tomsula/Baalke? It's not like there were a bunch of Walshs', Lombardis' and Belichicks' waiting to be HC's out there.

I think, given what this franchise has turned into, 49er fans should be very, very happy with a Shanahan/Paton or McDonough combo. If fans want to blame Jed York for this, I would like to see what he should've done differently....and no...you can't simply cite Harbaugh and be done. Stick with the lastest shakeup.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see any of the complaining but that would be off base. There were a couple of questionable calls, one being a pass interference call in the end zone that I thought shouldn't have been called in the Packer game. But those calls did not affect the outcome of the games. The Packers played poorly on defense and couldn't stop the Falcon's offense. Even on offense, the Packer's receivers were dropping passes early in the game and killing drives. The Packers overall looked flat especially compared to the Falcons. Same with Pittsburgh. Their defense let them down. I can't fault Rodgers for that loss. He can't win the game by himself.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like muscle memory...the whole perception is reality/groupthink process. Yes Jed York has made some bad decisions...yes he hasn't looked good in press conferences...yes he's going through HC's faster than shit through a goose.

I'll say this however...he has approached this HC/GM process about as good as it can be done. It may feel like an eternity, but it does look like Shanahan will be the next HC. Realistically, he couldn't do better....unless somebody was all over Anthony Lynn and such? Did the GM search go as well? Of course not...there are several guys I would've preferred over whomever will be the guy, but the fact is York wants Shanahan to also be included in finding a guy that they both can work together with.

Sometimes guys just don't want the job....probably because of a poor franchise image, but for other reasons as well. Would people want to go back to Kelly/Tomsula/Baalke? It's not like there were a bunch of Walshs', Lombardis' and Belichicks' waiting to be HC's out there.

I think, given what this franchise has turned into, 49er fans should be very, very happy with a Shanahan/Paton or McDonough combo. If fans want to blame Jed York for this, I would like to see what he should've done differently....and no...you can't simply cite Harbaugh and be done. Stick with the lastest shakeup.

I hope Shanahan does become the head coach. If so, that is best we could hope for. I think if we land that combo most 49er fans would be happy. I think most here are concerned right now that this doesn't fall through because the 49ers will be in a really difficult position if that happens. There is a small group of malcontents, not here, that are not over Harbaugh yet and there is no satisfying them until this team starts winning again. My only wish was that York brought in a senior executive with a football background. Right now he doesn't have that and his right hand man is Paraag Marathe. York could do much better than that,

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, you clear the slate with the intent of going after the best replacements. He is doing that now and i like it. On one hand it is unfortunate our target is going to the SB, but it is worth the wait even if he changes his mind. If we were in Jed's place, we'd go after the better candidates too, not settle because you're worried about losing candidates.

We all could've predicted beforehand, this process would take longer. The reason being we're looking for TWO people (GM/HC). But again, it makes sense to get guys who'll work together the best. Each of us would take the same approach.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you clear the slate with the intent of going after the best replacements. He is doing that now and i like it. On one hand it is unfortunate our target is going to the SB, but it is worth the wait even if he changes his mind. If we were in Jed's place, we'd go after the better candidates too, not settle because you're worried about losing candidates.

We all could've predicted beforehand, this process would take longer. The reason being we're looking for TWO people (GM/HC). But again, it makes sense to get guys who'll work together the best. Each of us would take the same approach.

What matters is the end result. It is fine that he waited to for the two best candidates at the end of the playoffs but York still has to close the deal which means making it happen. York is down to one HC candidate now and he since he brought it this far he needs to do whatever it takes at this point to make sure it happens.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What matters is the end result. It is fine that he waited to for the two best candidates at the end of the playoffs but York still has to close the deal which means making it happen. York is down to one HC candidate now and he since he brought it this far he needs to do whatever it takes at this point to make sure it happens.

If that means giving Shanahan a 5 year deal, Jed has to make this hiring happen. Will this potential hiring guarantee the Niners anything like a future Super Bowl appearance? No, but at least give Jed credit for going on with this hiring the right way. He's being patient and have tried to interview the candidates that were willing to interview with the Niners.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that means giving Shanahan a 5 year deal, Jed has to make this hiring happen. Will this potential hiring guarantee the Niners anything like a future Super Bowl appearance? No, but at least give Jed credit for going on with this hiring the right way. He's being patient and have tried to interview the candidates that were willing to interview with the Niners.

I agree and he is eating $30 million in the process from all these changes.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most here are concerned right now that this doesn't fall through because the 49ers will be in a really difficult position if that happens.

But that's just it. Had he made a decision, and finalized it by now, it would've been an Anthony Lynn/Sean McDermott/Vance Joseph type of guy. Now...some of those guys may pan out, but I believe most would think a hire like that would be SF 'settling' or getting the only guy who would take the job. York would be destroyed by most because most would think we'd be in the same situation in another year or two.

I believe in the end, any guy they get now would be closer in stature to those guys mentioned above vs. how much higher Shanahan is over said guys.

Part of me agrees with your Paraag Marathe scenario, but there is also another part that says he's the next whipping boy for all things negative 49er.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand it is unfortunate our target is going to the SB, but it is worth the wait even if he changes his mind.

Exactly. We would be 'settling' or taking anything that will offer to coach the 49ers either way. I see that with Anthony Lynn/Doug Marrone, or whomever they sign if it's not Shanahan.