• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office @ Mgmt

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you think about it, he has hardly been public, hardly been in the media. when it comes to hiring and firing, he has no choice but to be. But otherwise he stays in the shadows.

I'm not defending him 100%, because as Owner chit comes with the territory. But lets at least blame him for things he REALLY does. He is not a meddling Owner (football things), nothing close to what Snyder used to do, Al Davis, and Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones sits the war room and makes the call, does Jed even sit in the war room?

I was more talking about his involvement with announcements ie) "win with class" , which he clearly injected the "ass" in. We should be hearing from the GM in most matters outside of the GM getting fired in my opinion. I really get the feeling that he trusted Baalkes' experience and council for a few years too long.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more talking about his involvement with announcements ie) "win with class" , which he clearly injected the "ass" in. We should be hearing from the GM in most matters outside of the GM getting fired in my opinion. I really get the feeling that he trusted Baalkes' experience and council for a few years too long.

LOL, yes. See my link above regarding Tomsula

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True, but he has come forward at the end of each season when a coach is fired. And unfortunately for him his press conferences have been a disaster when has had them. It has made him look that much worse. And when he made the comparison of Jim Tomsula to Steve Kerr, those kinds of comments just make him look foolish.

Yes, as i posted, he has to appear in the media when there's a hiring or firing. But other than that.....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Assuming Shanahan is the hire (I still want to see it official, just because)

Jed gets a bit of a pass from me at this point. The Harbaugh thing was a mistake compounded by other mistakes that really exploded in his face, and I have to think that the experience may have taught him something. It looks as if he went through this latest process trying to find guys who can work together, while also finding the top guys available as well. We may never get back to the Harbaugh level again, but it could've so much worse that Shanahan/GM-to-be.

As for what the new guys will do....Jed needs to give them years to make things happen...before we can really judge them. At least I am looking forward to see what the immediate future holds for us, and there really was no way I could say that if Tom Cable was the HC.

it isn't Jed, but the fans that have to show patience. Yes, a new system has to sink in, but it'll take a while due to a lack of talent. But fans have no patience, and will crumble way before Jed. Then Jed has to respond to the fan noise.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you do have to wonder why Paraag wasn't part of the 'clear the slate'? IF he was getting involved with the football side, then he should've been let go? IF he was part of that FO friction/dysfunction, he should've been let go.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yes. See my link above regarding Tomsula

Yea I read that earlier...holy shit if York can't figure out that's a bad decision then please get somebody in here with a football IQ that can. I wanted to like Tomsula...but I knew deep down he wasn't the answer. Then we got REAMED with retirements and injuries which didn't help. We all know Baalkes' track record before and after that. The silver lining here is that York actually pulled his arm that got tangled in his bra strap out and cleared the table.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like Kyle will be the HC barring a last minute withdraw and he will pegged to help in finding a GM if these rumors are true. My biggest worry here is ownership. I would have hoped that they would sell the team.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a different take. I think the fans that really don't like Jed are not going to change their opinions because of these hires. In fact, I haven't seen the vitriol stop yet. Only winning is going to quiet that crowd down. I don't think the fans are going to rip the Shanahan hire whether it works out or not. Fans ripped him for Tomsula because it was evident from the start it was a bad hire. I don't see fans ripping him for Kelly as I do for keeping Baalke around too long

This.

Shanahan is a smart move. It may work or it may not work, but it would be a good decision. Only the most naive of 49er fans would have thought the Tomsula move was a smart move before it was made.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it isn't Jed, but the fans that have to show patience. Yes, a new system has to sink in, but it'll take a while due to a lack of talent. But fans have no patience, and will crumble way before Jed. Then Jed has to respond to the fan noise.

Most fans won't simply due to the society we are in today - a 'gotta have it now/twitter/drive-thru' mentality where the term patience is an afterthought. Even if Shanahan bombs (unless he turns into a cancer or something along that line) I won't rip York because most people believe he was a highly sought after guy with credentials, whether they liked him or not.

Those who took an extreme view against Kyle will be the first in line to Jeds place with pitchforks and torches.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gutekunst dropped out. Paton is front runner now

too bad for us, it must be about 'who has the last say'?

if he doesn't have last say, can't blame a GM candidate for removing himself. so this begs the question, who WILL accept being GM without last say?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad for us, it must be about 'who has the last say'?

if he doesn't have last say, can't blame a GM candidate for removing himself. so this begs the question, who WILL accept being GM without last say?

IDK, there is a report today that says Shanahan is not asking for final say on roster. Who knows

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or they prefer someone else, ie Paton from Minn. No probs with that hire.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Pretty much down to one HC and one GM choice now. Shit could be bad for a long time if Kyle or Paton say no.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, the GM is more important than the HC....but not in our case. I wish we could've gotten one of the GB guys or Ballard from KC, but whatever.......I'll be alright with either the Minn. or Ariz. guy.

If Kyle Shanahan turns the 49ers down, and all signs point to that not happening....but if he does? It might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I also see that Louis Riddick, who was linked with McDaniels and a potential GM candidate, pretty much took a shot at Shanahan. It has little to do with his credentials, but it does make me feel a bit better that he isn't the GM.