• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office @ Mgmt

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the coaching search, I'd gladly take Kyle Shanahan off of Atlanta's hands.

Though the cynical side of me thinks we'll go with Cable as HC and Jeff Fisher as GM..okay I know that's really out there but so is our f'n owner.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Seattle's pass defense has been trash since Earl Thomas went out....and facing the favourite-for-MVP in QB Ryan at his house is a bad matchup. Secondly, I like Shanahan and would be on board with either him or McDaniels....but remember....they ain't bringing Brady/Ryan/Gronk/Jones/etc./etc. with them if and when one signs on the dotted line.

There is still that Tom Cable nonsense dangling around.....

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Seattle's pass defense has been trash since Earl Thomas went out....and facing the favourite-for-MVP in QB Ryan at his house is a bad matchup. Secondly, I like Shanahan and would be on board with either him or McDaniels....but remember....they ain't bringing Brady/Ryan/Gronk/Jones/etc./etc. with them if and when one signs on the dotted line.

There is still that Tom Cable nonsense dangling around.....

They're interviewing Cable today, but I really think it's between Shanahan or McDaniels. It's absolutely clear that the Niners do not have a future QB on the roster and a #1 receiver (whether WR/TE). The hope is the future GM and head coach can collaboratively get talent through the draft through good scouting and a little bit of luck. Build the defense to stay competitive and then the offense. I'm a believer that defense always travels even when the offense struggles at times.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're interviewing Cable today, but I really think it's between Shanahan or McDaniels.

I'd like to find just one 49er fan who would rather have Cable over those two. I can't see it either, but if Jed York and whomever the GM is decide on Tom effin Cable, then get ready for a current rudderless ship like Cleveland or 90's Cincy or some other putrid decade-type of absolute garbage. I'll stop caring for the Niners until I see a legit sign of a turnaround.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to find just one 49er fan who would rather have Cable over those two. I can't see it either, but if Jed York and whomever the GM is decide on Tom effin Cable, then get ready for a current rudderless ship like Cleveland or 90's Cincy or some other putrid decade-type of absolute garbage. I'll stop caring for the Niners until I see a legit sign of a turnaround.

That's the type of hire that will make a lot of fans like myself walk out the door, so to speak, on this franchise.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just reported this morning that McDaniels is staying with the Patriots. I guess he may be waiting for Belichick to retire or waiting for a better opportunity. That leaves the Niners with Shanahan or Cable. I hope it's the former, unless he turns the Niners down. He's in a very good situation in Atlanta.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely not the guy I wanted to see walk away form the job. Now it's a 50/50 tossup between a guy whom most 49er fans could rally around and look forward to the future and a guy who will force many to simply walk from this franchise.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I like Shanahan better anyway. I liked McDaniels at the start of this, but his track record away from the Patriots scares me, and honestly what Offensive Coordinator hasn't looked like a genius with Brady?

Shanahan has shown with several teams and players he can get the job done, and this year with a Falcons team loaded with offensive talent he has really shown what he can do. He's also got that lineage from his daddy. Hopefully the Yorks can lock him up and pair him with a good GM. If not York better get on his knees and crawl all the way to Ann Arbor, Ohio, or Tuscaloosa.

After Shanahan it would have been toss up between McVay and McDaniels for me. They both have upside and could be home run coaches.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I like Shanahan better anyway. I liked McDaniels at the start of this, but his track record away from the Patriots scares me, and honestly what Offensive Coordinator hasn't looked like a genius with Brady?

Shanahan has shown with several teams and players he can get the job done, and this year with a Falcons team loaded with offensive talent he has really shown what he can do. He's also got that lineage from his daddy. Hopefully the Yorks can lock him up and pair him with a good GM. If not York better get on his knees and crawl all the way to Ann Arbor, Ohio, or Tuscaloosa.

After Shanahan it would have been toss up between McVay and McDaniels for me. They both have upside and could be home run coaches.

Same here. But what happens if Shanahan stays with the Falcons. That would be a disaster for the 49ers. That could mean that no candidate wants to be a part with this ownership unless he is desperate. I could just imagine Jed saying, "after a thorough search and interviews, Tom Cable is the right man to lead the 49ers to a winning culture."

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I thought it was rather irrelevant if it was McDaniels or Shanahan....they were easily the two big-named candidates that this franchise needs to inject some legitimacy into it. The fact that one dropped out is worrisome because now it's probably down to a guy who I am intrigued at vs. a guy that will verify that the San Francisco 49ers have arrived at a level unseen in decades.

A shit-abyss.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyle Shanahan turns us down..

Jed needs to go and beg freaking old-ass Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan to come back and "lead" this team. NO WAY can we afford to hire Cable.

Hell, pull out the Ouiji board and let Bill Walsh coach from beyond the grave for all I care. Just say NO to Cable!!!

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyle Shanahan turns us down..

Jed needs to go and beg freaking old-ass Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan to come back and "lead" this team. NO WAY can we afford to hire Cable.

Hell, pull out the Ouiji board and let Bill Walsh coach from beyond the grave for all I care. Just say NO to Cable!!!

Yea that would be a disaster for sure. I'm wondering what's taking us so long to lock up a GM? With Shanny as our last supposed interest, does that mean he's a lock no matter what? The picture is a little fuzzy at the moment to say the least.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shanahan turns the 49ers down, I would not hire Cable. That would be a disaster in many ways. It would be better if they just open up the process. And as someone mentioned, I would rather bring in MIke Holmgren air Ike Shanahan than bring Cable in.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shanahan turns the 49ers down, I would not hire Cable. That would be a disaster in many ways. It would be better if they just open up the process. And as someone mentioned, I would rather bring in MIke Holmgren air Ike Shanahan than bring Cable in.

If Kyle Shanahan turns down this job, then it's likely the only one interested taking this vacancy is someone who is desperate for a second chance. This one and done the last two years are probably scaring candidates. I know that if I were in Kyle Shanahan's shoes, I would have to seriously think about it. Maybe the Bengals might need a new coach in 2018 or the Colts. Even though the Niners have the 2nd pick of the draft and a boat load of cap space, this team is devoid of talent (no QB, no WR's). And then you have Jed who is clueless. All I know is that I don't want Tom Cable and I don't know who I would want to be the next head coach if Kyle Shanahan stays in Atlanta.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyle Shanahan turns down this job, then it's likely the only one interested taking this vacancy is someone who is desperate for a second chance. This one and done the last two years are probably scaring candidates. I know that if I were in Kyle Shanahan's shoes, I would have to seriously think about it. Maybe the Bengals might need a new coach in 2018 or the Colts. Even though the Niners have the 2nd pick of the draft and a boat load of cap space, this team is devoid of talent (no QB, no WR's). And then you have Jed who is clueless. All I know is that I don't want Tom Cable and I don't know who I would want to be the next head coach if Kyle Shanahan stays in Atlanta.

That is why I mentioned Mike Holmgren. He has lobbied for the job the past couple of years. Not really who I'd want but is preferable to Cable.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest rumor just reported on KNBR that Cable is going to withdraw.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one Sea. GM candidate dropped out - supposedly the favourite one - but the other is still in play....and unfortunately that means Cable is too. Funny thing was hearing Gil Brandt this morning talking about a Cable/Bradley combination and how that would've been a credible duo....hahahahahaha no.

Guys like Schefter/Rappoport are insisting that SF is simply waiting for Shanahan to officially offer him the job - nothing surprising there.

I still have a bad feeling about this.