• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Primer! Volch, Fayne, Larsson, Marty, CBJB

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our lineup will be:

Cammelleri - Zajac - Jagr
Elias - Gionta - Henrique
Clowe - Zubrus - Ryder
Ruutu - Carter - Bernier

Greene - Merrill
Salvador - Havlat
Harrold - Brunner

Schnieder

I guess Pete can now sit the young Dmen afterall!
Havlat is playin d ?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think they would go
Cammy Xanax henrique
Havlat Elias Jägr
Clowe Zubrus Ryder
Get our young xmen in and make a move with one or more players off the fourth line

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pete needs to play Gionta in the top 6 and He doesn't like Larsson or Gelinas so he'll fill in the extra forwards as Dmen and dress 4 Dmen

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think one of Ryder or Brunner gets moved. Or maybe Clowe does us a huge favor and retires.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also need to bring back JJ (RFA) so I can't picture us going into camp with that many forwards.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete needs to get over his gio jr obsession and his dislike for larsson and Gelinas it's time to get them in

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow clemmenson is back? I like the guy but damn 37! His stats were worst then Marty last year loo. I know kinkaid will get the backup job but clemmenson is a crappy insurance policy.

nj 30s. That's what we are

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing behind a bad Florida team is bound to hurt stats. Im not thrilled with the Clemmenson signing but I would guess he would have a better then 3 GAA if he starts 10 games next season.

Its a quick solution. If he sucks in his first 5 games or so he's shown the door and one of the young guys gets the chance.

Either way when it comes to backups Id prefer a vet over a youngster. Plus I read before that Clemmer and Schneider are friendly. For whatever thats worth. Guess it was just important for Lou to get someone in here that knows his role and that Cory is the guy.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Clemmenson is nothing more than an AHL backup or provides vet help to Kinkaid if Schnieder gets injured.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemmenson was quoted that he was told he would get the chance to compete for the backup job.

Perhaps Lou looks to the trade market? Now that we have an overload of forwards. Peter Budaj? James Reimer? One of those guys sounds a lot better to me as a backup.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it before, but this is Cory's team. We're going to lean hard on him, he'll probably play 70ish games a year. The backup really doesn't matter. Think Kevin Weekes during Marty's reign. If that's the case keep them cheap.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it before, but this is Cory's team. We're going to lean hard on him, he'll probably play 70ish games a year. The backup really doesn't matter. Think Kevin Weekes during Marty's reign. If that's the case keep them cheap.

No doubt about that.

But having a more then solid backup can save a season incase something catastrophic happens. Not the best way to think but lets say Cory has to miss a month. Having a guy that can step in and soften the blow is huge.

And at this point of his career I dont think Clemmer could do that.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy with Camm. Havlat can take or leave since he's "cheap", Clemmer is a depth move with the two way. Sorry to see fayne go but with ATrain movin on it frees up space for the kids

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squidward-Zajac-Jagr
Elias-Truth-Havlat
Ruutu-Zubrus-(Clowe/Ryder/Brunner)
Gionta-JJ-Bernier

Something has to give. Obviously guys will be hurt and you want depth but Havlat, Ryder and Brunner are essentially uselss as checking line players. Clowe if he was healthy would be ideal there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i know you guys are pumped at the calamari deal but i just dont see it and get it.

i know we "needed scoring" but really? hell i rather have moulson for the same deal. iginla for only 3 years and his deal or vanek and his deal for 3 years. i know you can't compare contracts but you kinda can. the guy is 32 hes coming to a team of 30 year olds he is injury prone his goal production has gone down i believe every year since 09 except last year it was up 4 goals.

this deal smells just like the rolston deal from years back. everyone said he was putting up 30 goals on a bad minnesota team. well we all saw how that turned out didn't we.

lou made a great move in buying out volchenkov and got rid of one bad salary but he just picked up another bad salary a day later.

i havent met one non devil fan that thinks this deal is good. hey i hope i'm wrong and hope he puts up 30 and gets us to the playoffs. just dont see it happening though too many red flags. it seems that the devils are becoming the florida panthers of the north east. a place were "aging" vets and friends of vets (havlat) go to get a good deal. not to mention former devils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why some fans fail to realize that players have to want to come here. Hockey players more so than any other athletes don't just go after the money. They look at where they'd be the most comfortable first then it's winning and then money.

It's like that with a lot of free agents.

Isles supposedly offered Vanek more than the Wild did. So why'd he choose Minnesota? Stasny got a good contract from the Blues but he said going home to St Louis was most important.

This isn't basketball or baseball were guys would play on the moon if it made the highest bid for them.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know you guys are pumped at the calamari deal but i just dont see it and get it.

i know we "needed scoring" but really? hell i rather have moulson for the same deal. iginla for only 3 years and his deal or vanek and his deal for 3 years. i know you can't compare contracts but you kinda can. the guy is 32 hes coming to a team of 30 year olds he is injury prone his goal production has gone down i believe every year since 09 except last year it was up 4 goals.

this deal smells just like the rolston deal from years back. everyone said he was putting up 30 goals on a bad minnesota team. well we all saw how that turned out didn't we.

lou made a great move in buying out volchenkov and got rid of one bad salary but he just picked up another bad salary a day later.

i havent met one non devil fan that thinks this deal is good. hey i hope i'm wrong and hope he puts up 30 and gets us to the playoffs. just dont see it happening though too many red flags. it seems that the devils are becoming the florida panthers of the north east. a place were "aging" vets and friends of vets (havlat) go to get a good deal. not to mention former devils

Having actually seem Cammalieri play I think he will be a great fit especially on a line with Zajac & Jagr. is skill set fits perfectly with them as opposed to what he was playing with in Calgary. You think he is too old but are OK with Iginla who would be 40 when his contract ends?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are several just a click or two over on the main board.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Idk why some fans fail to realize that players have to want to come here. Hockey players more so than any other athletes don't just go after the money. They look at where they'd be the most comfortable first then it's winning and then money.

It's like that with a lot of free agents.

Isles supposedly offered Vanek more than the Wild did. So why'd he choose Minnesota? Stasny got a good contract from the Blues but he said going home to St Louis was most important.

This isn't basketball or baseball were guys would play on the moon if it made the highest bid for them.

believe me i get that. if thats the case then.....dont go out and make a move just to make a move. lou cleared up the problem on the back end. if he can't find a legit goal scoring forward at a good price then call it a summer and go from there. i would have been more fine with that then inking him to a 5 year deal.