• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For those wondering what to do with CJ Wilson

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one simple question. Did CJ ask for the ball for game 7? If you are an ace, and you want to be paid like an ace, you ask to pitch game 7. Your counterpart, also on 3 days rest, asked for it, and got it. I don't know if anything would have been different. Wash was going with Harrison, and that was that. But, and I honestly don't know the answer to this question, did CJ ask for the ball? Even with a pretty mediocre postseason to this point, I would have expected CJ to beg for the game 7 start, especially if he considers himself that good.

I'm not flaming on CJ. Not at all. But I think it is telling how much Carpenter wanted to take the bump in game 7 when it was someone else's turn, and I never heard word one about CJ wanting to do the same.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one simple question. Did CJ ask for the ball for game 7? If you are an ace, and you want to be paid like an ace, you ask to pitch game 7. Your counterpart, also on 3 days rest, asked for it, and got it. I don't know if anything would have been different. Wash was going with Harrison, and that was that. But, and I honestly don't know the answer to this question, did CJ ask for the ball? Even with a pretty mediocre postseason to this point, I would have expected CJ to beg for the game 7 start, especially if he considers himself that good.

I'm not flaming on CJ. Not at all. But I think it is telling how much Carpenter wanted to take the bump in game 7 when it was someone else's turn, and I never heard word one about CJ wanting to do the same.

like i said in another thread, how do we know he didn't? Washington decide on Harrison for game 7 even before the rain out of game 6. and after the rain-out, Washington refused to even consider changing his plans. also, did you notice that Wash had CJ up in the 1st?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I asked. I truly don't know if he asked for the ball or not. But it just seemed strange that as the possiblity of a rainout was being discussed, there was little chatter if anything about CJ getting the ball in a potential game 7 on Friday. I know Wash sticks to his guns, and I did not notice CJ up in the 1st inning of game 7, but was really just wondering. If he is the ace of my staff, and I can get him on 3 days rest for game 7 of the WS, I at least entertain the thought.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I asked. I truly don't know if he asked for the ball or not. But it just seemed strange that as the possiblity of a rainout was being discussed, there was little chatter if anything about CJ getting the ball in a potential game 7 on Friday. I know Wash sticks to his guns, and I did not notice CJ up in the 1st inning of game 7, but was really just wondering. If he is the ace of my staff, and I can get him on 3 days rest for game 7 of the WS, I at least entertain the thought.

Doubt we ever find out unless CJ leaves and then goes public. Wash will never say if CJ did or didn't, I don't think.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you disappointed CJ didn't pitch or just curious if he inquired?
Personally, I think if CJ wanted the start bad enough Wash would have defered to him....and we would have heard about it by now. After all, the PR wouldn't hurt his upcoming contract talks and CJ has never been bashful around a microphone.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious if he inquired. I'm not disappointed that he didn't start. He wasn't having a good postseason, so Wash likely sticks to his plan anyway. My main reason for asking is because of the valuation of CJ going forward. I think he's a fine pitcher. And wouldn't mind him coming back, but not anywhere close to "ace" money. An ace not only asks for the ball in game 7, but he gets it. I don't think the Rangers see him as such, and I believe he will sign elsewhere because another team will overvalue him.

I mean, the big offseason question about CJ is how much and how long. It seems to me if the Rangers really saw CJ as their #1 go to guy, then he gets the ball in game 7, even on 3 days rest, just like Carpenter. I didn't hear that he wanted it or that they wanted to give it to him. I think its sort of telling.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious if he inquired. I'm not disappointed that he didn't start. He wasn't having a good postseason, so Wash likely sticks to his plan anyway. My main reason for asking is because of the valuation of CJ going forward. I think he's a fine pitcher. And wouldn't mind him coming back, but not anywhere close to "ace" money. An ace not only asks for the ball in game 7, but he gets it. I don't think the Rangers see him as such, and I believe he will sign elsewhere because another team will overvalue him.

I mean, the big offseason question about CJ is how much and how long. It seems to me if the Rangers really saw CJ as their #1 go to guy, then he gets the ball in game 7, even on 3 days rest, just like Carpenter. I didn't hear that he wanted it or that they wanted to give it to him. I think its sort of telling.

I never got the feeling that Daniels or Ryan ever saw CJ as a staff ace and I would be surprised to see them pay him as one.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don't know if he ask or not, but the subject of CJ starting game 7 especially with the rain-out was brought up to Washington and he said that the decision for Harrison to start had been made and was not subject to discussion

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Harrison has been a big part of this team all year," Washington said. "I am not changing the things that I've been doing all year."

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ is now making kissy-face with the Rangers. looks like he wants to come back

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ is now making kissy-face with the Rangers. looks like he wants to come back

His agent probably cut it to him straight: "CJ, if you could have just had ONE good outing in the playoffs you would have made $1-3 million more a year. Texas is now your best bet"

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent probably cut it to him straight: "CJ, if you could have just had ONE good outing in the playoffs you would have made $1-3 million more a year. Texas is now your best bet"

my thoughts exactly

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, if we don't keep CJ then we are going to need someone to replace him in the banner. I guess it could be Nap or Ian.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we could add both and drop the horse

That's the best off season idea I have heard yet. The horse and the girls running around with the flags on green's hill are about the lamest things I have ever seen.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the best off season idea I have heard yet. The horse and the girls running around with the flags on green's hill are about the lamest things I have ever seen.

LOL as true as that is, we are talking about the banner on the top of this page. Thank god the flag girls aren't on the banner :)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could put them in there................... lol