• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fizdale gone

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won coach of the year in year 1 also.

I don't want to be that guy but.....

That Gasol comment came off a bit as fiz wouldn't do it to conley because he's black. Wouldn't be shocked if gasol went to management and made it seem like a race deal

I took it as more that Fiz is catering the team towards the run and gun movement and that centers around Conley. I think Marc believes there's been a shift in philosophy that puts more of an emphasis around Conley than himself. They went from successful grit and grind to a uptempo offense with limited success. Of course that's due to personnel changes, but I think an argument can be made there.

In the previous regime, the emphasis was getting the ball in the paint on offense, and getting the ball in Gasol's hands. Now it's more of an offense that's catered around Conley play making. Basically, I think he saying favoritism over your race possibility.

That's my takeaway.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gasol and Conley are the untouchables......the rest not so much.

Evans may be dealt with the way he's playing. He might be a nice fit off the bench for some contender. He's rejuvenated his career imo.
Yeah, I don't trust Tyreke .

I don't think either guy is untouchable.

But, Conley would be the guy to stay because his deal is enormous and Teams like the Cavs, Celtics might be live Gasol is the missy piece to the Championship puzzle.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fizdale's a good coach. Don't know how a competent franchise could get rid of a young coach that showed so much promise after year 1 for an aging star player.

Memphis has showed itself to be a joke of a franchise. I'll gladly take Fizdale back as an assistant in Miami.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You going to accept the Lakers-Clipps bet?
Dude, Asshole move with the 6.5 pts.

We are missing half our roster.

But, fug it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the line.
Clippers need to trade for a pg.

Milos won't be back til December and was out of shape before the injury.

Beverly won't be back at all.

I'm not George Hill desperate.

But, Bledsoe would have been a godsend.

We can't expect Triple Double Blake on the regular.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did him dirty. That roster is average at best and he's got every last ounce of production out of them since he's been there. I said it before it happened, Memphis never should have signed Gasol and Conley to big money. That core had run its course. They were very good! Came real close to being in the Finals a couple of times but teams have expiration dates. There comes a time when you need to strip it down. They didn't do it and now they fire Fiz, who was just doing his job, when its the pieces that don't really fit anymore.

He's a good coach. He'll land on his feet somewhere. Maybe he can coach the Clips when Doc gets fired in a month

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Pure class.

DPuqSURX0AAzlks.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPuqSURX0AAzlks.jpg

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? move if you ask me. Got to think Fizdale has another job soon.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at this situation, it's Wallace trying to cover his own ass and keep himself employed. He's totally screwed that entire roster over.

I was recently watching the Open Court with the owners and Mark Cuban said that the biggest lesson he learned and most expensive lesson he learned was the GM's job on the team is to try to keep themselves employed for as long as possible.

This is another situation of a GM trying to find a scapegoat for their own failings.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at this situation, it's Wallace trying to cover his own ass and keep himself employed. He's totally screwed that entire roster over.

I was recently watching the Open Court with the owners and Mark Cuban said that the biggest lesson he learned and most expensive lesson he learned was the GM's job on the team is to try to keep themselves employed for as long as possible.

This is another situation of a GM trying to find a scapegoat for their own failings.

This was my favorite quote of his presser today

It just hasn't been going well for us after a good start. And there was no indication that it was going to change magically any time soon."

JUST maybe it has to do with the fact that your best player on a mediocre team missed 6 games? They are 7-5 with Conley and 0-7 without him but yea let's lame Fiz for things not "going well" for them after a good start

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my favorite quote of his presser today

It just hasn't been going well for us after a good start. And there was no indication that it was going to change magically any time soon."

JUST maybe it has to do with the fact that your best player on a mediocre team missed 6 games? They are 7-5 with Conley and 0-7 without him but yea let's lame Fiz for things not "going well" for them after a good start

You could line this exact situation up with the Cousins and Malone situation a few years back. Kings were doing well with Cousins in the lineup, but then he got hurt and the Kings went on a skid. Gave the team all the ammo they needed to fire him.

Not only Conley, but your second highest paid player you signed a year ago is basically relegated to being a role player off the bench. That 4 year 94M could be much better spent right now and the Grizzlies could actually be in a great playoff position. But yeah, blame the coach.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't that usually the case though? Remember Derek Fisher who was fired by Phil Jackson who made the Knicks worse(as if that was possible) then they were? I mean seriously how often has a person with zero expense become a successful head coach on his first team and without so much as one season under a better coach? Jason Kidd is the only one and what has he done besides get paid?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that usually the case though? Remember Derek Fisher who was fired by Phil Jackson who made the Knicks worse(as if that was possible) then they were? I mean seriously how often has a person with zero expense become a successful head coach on his first team and without so much as one season under a better coach? Jason Kidd is the only one and what has he done besides get paid?

You forgot Pat Riley (announcers booth to coach). Turn in your Lakers fan card immediately.