• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Keeper?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am really high on greinke this season...

lol... no :brick:

On a totally different topic. Would you guys trade Franco for Swanson and Brinson in a dynasty league? I really don't need 3B, SS or CF. As I have Rendon, Trout and Bogaerts. But it seems like good value and would add more depth to my lineup. I also hold the 2nd and 4th picks in our upcoming 3 round draft. So if by some chance he doesn't take Senzel #1 I could grab him. If not i'm leaning toward the OF from Seattle Lewis.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50/50 here... Swanson is not going to be as good fantasy wise as he is in real life... He is one of those players that does nothing great but everything well...

Franco has the highest fantasy ceiling... but for now he is nothing special yet... Brinson might be the the piece to make the trade, but he is a prospect still...

So really it depends on whether you are playing for THIS season or the future... if you are playing for now, i would certainly keep Franco... But you are given great future assets...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what my keepers look like Milk. Had a rough year last year that's how I ended up with the 4th pick 16 teams H2H league. My cuts will be Y Diaz, M Bush, C Fulmer and B Aiken

C - Posey, S Perez
1B - Abreu, A Gonzalez, T Joesph
2B - Kipnis, Travis
3B - Rendon, Franco
SS - Bogaerts
LF - C Dickerson, J Soler
CF - Trout, Grichuk
RF - Renfroe, E Jimenez

SP - Strasburg, Cole, C Martinez, Nola, Smyly, Bauer, Severino
RP - Chapman, Holland, Rosenthal

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what my keepers look like Milk. Had a rough year last year that's how I ended up with the 4th pick 16 teams H2H league. My cuts will be Y Diaz, M Bush, C Fulmer and B Aiken

C - Posey, S Perez
2B - Kipnis, Travis
3B - Rendon, Franco
SS - Bogaerts
CF - Trout, Grichuk
RF - Renfroe, E Jimenez

16 team league, your team looks pretty solid.. If Rendon has 2B eligibility, then i would 100% keep Franco...

do you have a DH??

With no DH, Lewis Brinson is kind of useless... it is not like you will ever play him over Trout...

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO those are two separate deals. Sorry if that was a confusing post by me ;). I have one owner who is interested in Mazara and another who was shopping Hamilton. I have one other SP on my protection list and that is Z Greinke. A couple owners are shopping G Cole, DeGrom and Sale. I inquired on the first two and have yet to get a response back from 4 days ago. While I have no inquired for Sale at this point.

If we are talking about random sleeper SP's. How about T Walker for the D Backs. Was a big time prospect. But never put it together in Seattle. He could put up big numbers if it's finally coming together for him.

I would not trade for hamilton. I do not think he is valuable enough to be a quality keeper.

As for Mazara, if you can get any type of pick upgrade for him, there is no reason not to to do it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C - Posey, S Perez
2B - Kipnis, Travis
3B - Rendon, Franco
SS - Bogaerts
CF - Trout, Grichuk
RF - Renfroe, E Jimenez

I'd stick with Franco

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not trade for hamilton. I do not think he is valuable enough to be a quality keeper.

As for Mazara, if you can get any type of pick upgrade for him, there is no reason not to to do it.

I believe the Hamilton deal was not part of his 6 keeper league.... (although I could be wrong about that)

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rendon is only a 3B in our league. We have two utility spots in our active lineup.

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, 2 UT, 4 P, 3 SP, 2 RP

Hamilton is for the keep 5 16 team league not my 16 team dynasty that we are talking Franco. My top four are Rizzo, Arenado, Stanton and Darvish. I get one more keeper from my protection list. Or I can make a trade like Hamilton. Or keep one of Mazara, Piscotty, Renfroe, Giles or Davis. It's roto also so that's the only reason i'm even slightly interested in Hamilton. As I will get no speed from Rizzo, Arenado and Stanton.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the final offer for Hamilton is this..

Swap 3rd round picks I drop 3 picks in the round. I give up my 6th and get a 9th and Hamilton back. Would anyone do this in roto with the power bats I have already in Arenado, Rizzo and Stanton? Or stick with Giles as my final keeper?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the final offer for Hamilton is this..

Swap 3rd round picks I drop 3 picks in the round. I give up my 6th and get a 9th and Hamilton back. Would anyone do this in roto with the power bats I have already in Arenado, Rizzo and Stanton? Or stick with Giles as my final keeper?

That is a hefty price for Hamilton... I wouldn't do it... i agree that your final keeper isn't the greatest, but at least you have decent options...

But basically the trade is your final keeper and your 6th for Hamilton and their 9th...

a couple questions, if you don't keep a closer, what closers would be available?? and when would you take that first one?? If you think the closer pool will be shallow, then don't you have to keep a closer??

You can get speed later on in the draft... Margot, Jankowski to name 2... you don't have to pay such a price for the elite SB guy when all he will do is help you in that one stat, and likely hurt you everywhere else...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chapman and Jansen are the only current keeper RP's posted. They are being kept by the same owner. So 15 teams will be going into the draft needing 2 closers. All in the first 3 rounds of the draft. We have 3 other teams other than my team who have not posted keepers yet. They are due by the end of today. I would need to draft 2 closers in the first 3 rounds. That's just the way the league is. If I don't I would end up with no closer. By the third round they will be tier 3 or 4 guys. So it's almost like you have to start the draft with 2 closers with this group.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chapman and Jansen are the only current keeper RP's posted. They are being kept by the same owner. So 15 teams will be going into the draft needing 2 closers. All in the first 3 rounds of the draft. We have 3 other teams other than my team who have not posted keepers yet. They are due by the end of today. I would need to draft 2 closers in the first 3 rounds. That's just the way the league is. If I don't I would end up with no closer. By the third round they will be tier 3 or 4 guys. So it's almost like you have to start the draft with 2 closers with this group.

if you have to waste such an early pick on a closer, then keep one... then you don't need to... Yes, the one you could draft would probably be better than Giles, but Giles has some nice upside too... Keeping Hamilton is a waste IMO...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the smart move is defiantly Giles. If I want to go crazy I can always keep Mazara and that would be a much better idea than going Hamilton. Even Renfroe would probably be smarter than Hamilton. I would be okay with Giles being my #2 RP. He's a solid tier two with upside for tier 1 RP imo.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be active on waivers for closers throughout the year. Happens all the time. Giles has upside, sure, but he also has two very good options behind him.

I love Hamilton, but that seems like a stretch to me. Mazara for Hamilton straight up is equal enough, imo.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying I shouldn't keep a closer TKO? I have never had any luck beating them to closers on the wire the past three seasons.

You do know it's two different deals with two different owners in the same league. One wants to trade for Mazara in a pick upgrade for me. While the other wants to trade me Hamilton for pick upgrades.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying I shouldn't keep a closer TKO? I have never had any luck beating them to closers on the wire the past three seasons.

You do know it's two different deals with two different owners in the same league. One wants to trade for Mazara in a pick upgrade for me. While the other wants to trade me Hamilton for pick upgrades.

ok.. sorry for not following that. I wouldn't argue to not keep a closer like Giles... just saying I wouldn't. Everything points towards that being the smart move though... smart if Giles succeeds that is.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't exactly have a great 5th option. Each player has some kind of question mark attached to them.