• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fiesta Bowl: ND vs OSU Pre Game Thread: Jan 1st, 1 PM

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I buy this ND has better talent. tOSU returned almost all of last year's Championship team, and was considered the front runner to repeat by a wide margin.

Obviously, that talent didn't gel until UoM, which is why they're plying ND, but it seems like a tough argument to say they aren't loaded with talent.

If tOSU comes in motivated like I think they will, it's going to be a tough day for those cereal salesmen.

Well you have to look at the team you have not the team from last year because you are going off the preseason. Since then Ohio State has looked like an average team that was living off the previous season. Sure they looked better against Michigan but how good is Michigan for that matter how good is Michigan State I would argue that neither are that special even though Michigan State made the playoffs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have to look at the team you have not the team from last year because you are going off the preseason. Since then Ohio State has looked like an average team that was living off the previous season. Sure they looked better against Michigan but how good is Michigan for that matter how good is Michigan State I would argue that neither are that special even though Michigan State made the playoffs.

How special is Boston College?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How special is Boston College?

Not but they have a terrific defense better than anything Ohio State faced. Ohio State didn't look like a top 10 team all year long accept against Michigan they were playing above their weight all season and were exposed by a better Ohio State.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy was a fag.

I would say something about a figure that attended Ohio State that they've made a hit movie about but I can't think of any if there even is after all Ohio State isn't Notre Dame.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score touchdowns in the red-zone and stop the big plays on defense. Do that and there is a chance at victory.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say something about a figure that attended Ohio State that they've made a hit movie about but I can't think of any if there even is after all Ohio State isn't Notre Dame.

You know when they have to attack Rudy they really don't have anything at all... besides he was like what, 35+ years ago. Such classy fans. :rolleyes2:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know when they have to attack Rudy they really don't have anything at all... besides he was like what, 35+ years ago. Such classy fans. :rolleyes2:

Oh, my ball busting wasn't "classy" enough for you?

You're a fag, just like Rudy.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, my ball busting wasn't "classy" enough for you?

You're a fag, just like Rudy.

Maybe a team from Cleveland will win a title before you die, though I wouldn't bet on it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a team from Cleveland will win a title before you die, though I wouldn't bet on it.

Maybe.

It's also possible that the rest of the country won't look at Red Sox fans as a bunch of whiney twats before I die, but I wouldn't bet on that either.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

It's also possible that the rest of the country won't look at Red Sox fans as a bunch of whiney twats before I die, but I wouldn't bet on that either.

I've got nothing to be whiny about my team has won three World Series in my life time. Also I don't believe the rest of the country believes Red Sox fans to be whiny twats, more annoying smart asses that think everything in New England is better than the rest of the country particularly Ohio.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got nothing to be whiny about my team has won three World Series in my life time. Also I don't believe the rest of the country believes Red Sox fans to be whiny twats, more annoying smart asses that think everything in New England is better than the rest of the country particularly Ohio.

giphy.gif

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the trolling?

Isn't there an Ohio St board?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the trolling?

Isn't there an Ohio St board?

He's a fan of the Cleveland Indians is there really a reason to ask that. He probably burned his Lebron jersey when he left town and rushed out to buy a new one when he came back.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which difference is that? The extra loss, or that one's the reigning national champ and the other isn't?

If I have to tell you than you'll never know. If Ohio State played anyone other Michigan and Michigan State they would have more than one loss with how they played all season. Also Notre Dame lost by 4 total points in 2 losses as time expired to 2 teams ranked higher than Ohio State so I'm not sure that is the right angle. I'm sure Ohio State will be stripped of the National Title when more players are found to have traded tattoo's for sports apparel with a drug dealer.