• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: falcons @ eagles

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on Atlanta!

NICKFOLES.gif

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on a side note: saban, with his smart and ballsy move last night, added another championship to his unreal career. down 13-0 at the half and his running QB struggling, he puts in a freshman and he throws for 166/3 TD, leading the comeback.

this is dead on what has been discussed some from last week. if foles is struggling badly, you have to be ready to go to sudfeld. it doesn't matter who he is or what his experience level is. if the eagles were to be in a similar situation as the tide.. lets say that same 13-0 at the half.. with foles doing nothing, you better have the balls to try something. sudfeld could easily come in, make a couple of quick throws and scrambles, and cut the lead to 13-7.

i really, really despise the andy reid way of not adapting. pederson did a good job this year seperating himself from that. he better not regress in the postseason.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Doug has the sack to bench Foles? I don't see it man.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban was a failure in this league.

Doug Pederson is instantly one of its best coaches.

Carry on.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think calling Doug one of the NFL's best coaches based on his tenure to date is a little ridiculous. Let's see how this plays out.

If he wins a ring with Foles, well, then I might buy the hype.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think calling Doug one of the NFL's best coaches based on his tenure to date is a little ridiculous. Let's see how this plays out.

If he wins a ring with Foles, well, then I might buy the hype.
Might buy the hype. LOL. Super Bowl or not, Doug is at the top for coach of the year!

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens, you can't burn Pederson in effigy over this game. Any team currently left in the playoffs would suffer immeasurably without their franchise/starting QB. We were dealt a unfortunate hand at the worst possible time. If Pederson can somehow get the Birds to the Super Bowl, win or lose he should win Coach of the Year.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i don't think he would for the simple fact he doesn't have to. once wentz went down, pederson basically became exempt from anything negative. the eagles could lose 54-0 and it would be like.. "well, we didn't have wentz."

i'm really intrigued to see if he has the balls and adapability in the playoffs though. if foles somehow throws the ball like 40 times while we run it 15 and he makes a handful of idiotic decisions.. it's going to be a massive question mark for the future in my opinion.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feeling, for what it is worth, is that the coaching staff has done a good job, but that goes beyond Pederson. Howie hired Schwartz and kept several assistants. Howie made a lot of personnel decisions that panned out, in terms of free agent signings and draft picks.

Losing Wentz is a good test of how good Pederson is. If he can tweak the offense to play to Foles' strengths, as he is apparently trying to do, well, that will raise his status in my book. But I am not quite sold on Pederson as an elite coach the way some of you seem to be. Not at all.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of coach of the year, Mike Zimmer or Sean McVay is likely going to win it. Zimmer has won with a backup QB and without his starting RB. McVay turned an offense that looked moribund under Jeff Fisher into a powerhouse seemingly overnight. I think Wentz gets a lot of the credit for Philly's rise--until Pederson shows he can win with his backup. If he can, great. But I seriously doubt it.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this, and the biggest problem with Foles taking over for Wentz is that they had zero game tape of what Foles could do in the Pederson offense prior to him coming in for Wentz. No preseason, don't even know if Foles got work in the split practices prior to the preseason games. So I think there was a degree of the coaching staff feeling out Foles in the Oakland and Dallas games.

Also, my brother-in-law mentioned something that he had heard on the radio. Something to the effect of it took Carson Wentz a while to figure out that Alshon Jeffery was able to catch more balls without being 100% open than most receivers. He had his lowest target total of the season in the Raiders game. I think that we'll see more of him this weekend.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they also called a very vanilla game against Dallas on purpose since it didn't matter.

But, any way you slice it Foles looked bad. He seems to lack confidence.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this, and the biggest problem with Foles taking over for Wentz is that they had zero game tape of what Foles could do in the Pederson offense prior to him coming in for Wentz. No preseason, don't even know if Foles got work in the split practices prior to the preseason games. So I think there was a degree of the coaching staff feeling out Foles in the Oakland and Dallas games.

Also, my brother-in-law mentioned something that he had heard on the radio. Something to the effect of it took Carson Wentz a while to figure out that Alshon Jeffery was able to catch more balls without being 100% open than most receivers. He had his lowest target total of the season in the Raiders game. I think that we'll see more of him this weekend.
The second part, I agree. Alshon and Foles need to connect to keep the offense attacking downfield. There is a feeling out period, that Wentz went through as well.

As far as the first part goes, Foles crushed it against the Giants.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Aaron Donalds game against Atlanta. I knew he had a really good game but was surprised at how he did it. Donald is known for being one of the quickest DTs in the game but for the most part all he did was over power Ben Garland. Makes me excited to watch Fletch destroy their game plan and whoever else lines up across from the LG.

Every Aaron Donald hurry & sack | NFC Wild Card

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second part, I agree. Alshon and Foles need to connect to keep the offense attacking downfield. There is a feeling out period, that Wentz went through as well.

As far as the first part goes, Foles crushed it against the Giants.
Giants were second in yards allowed against the pass, and gave up the most passing TDs. I'd have been seriously concerned if Foles didn't light them up.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad I live outside the Philly media market. Biggest knee jerk reaction bozos on the planet.

worth repeating.... cannot agree more

We got lucky getting to face ATL. This was our best case situation imho. If we manage to win this game, I would much rather face NO than MIN tho. And if we can get past that... I would rather face PITS in a PA SB. But my guess is, it would be a 2004 repeat.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this in relation to something someone else posted? Unless Nick turns the ball over 4 times in the first half, there's no reason for Sudfeld to enter the game.

That being said,I'm not as worried with the offense as far as being concerned with how the defense can contain Jones (which maybe Ryan contributes to) and making sure they can do that while not letting them get short stuff to the backs and middle (which again, fingers crossed, Ryan makes sure it's not a worry anyway).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
_phillies_ raised the prospect of Sudfeld playing if Foles struggles early. I am saying I doubt that happens.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....I fucking hate this part of sports....but let’s go be the Team “no one believed in”!!!