• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: falcons @ eagles

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the eagles got a bit lucky and this is the best matchup for them. the whole NFC is tough, but the falcons are inconsistent at times and struggle to finish on the road. they had to travel to LA for their game and now have to swing back to philly. going to be tough for them to pull off 2 big road wins in a row, especially against a rested, physical team.

if the eagles can win and the vikings handle their business, i can definitely see the eagles going to the superbowl. they'd have an extra day off and would probably be locked in a defensive battle at home with minnesota. these seem like best matchups, to me at least.

hopefully they come out jacked and jump on the falcons early.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the eagles got a bit lucky and this is the best matchup for them. the whole NFC is tough, but the falcons are inconsistent at times and struggle to finish on the road. they had to travel to LA for their game and now have to swing back to philly. going to be tough for them to pull off 2 big road wins in a row, especially against a rested, physical team.

if the eagles can win and the vikings handle their business, i can definitely see the eagles going to the superbowl. they'd have an extra day off and would probably be locked in a defensive battle at home with minnesota. these seem like best matchups, to me at least.

hopefully they come out jacked and jump on the falcons early.
I agree with the first half, I like their matchup with the Falcons, I'm way too far out from imagining a NFCCG and predicting how that would go.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be lucky to win, no matter the competition, without Carson. Foles has to be at his best, and the D has to play tough and smart. :hope:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We fucked the falcons up last year when they were better and we were worse.

This defense is gonna eat.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the two weeks practice is going to have Foles on his game.

I also think it’s a winnable game for my dear old Falcons.

We’ll find out! Go Falcons!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense hasn't been the same since Wentz went down. I believe this is a very very close game. I don't even know who to pick in this game but what I do know is that the future is very very bright for this Eagles team, no matter what the outcome is.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 27
Falcons 10

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons are the worst (non-Foles) offense in the NFC bracket by far. We got lucky with the matchup, but all teams need luck in the playoffs. This is not by any mean a walk over, but winnable and I predict an ugly win.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered I think this is our most winnable Rd 1 opponent for us at the Linc. With a completely healthy and rested D we should handle their running game and we should be able to get to Matt Ryan with their mediocre pass protection. Obviously the big worry is Julio Jones ... so we have to devise a way to at least limit him even if it means singling the rest of the receivers. Atlanta's D has been playing well, but I think they are beatable even with the drop off at QB. Should be a good game.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons are favored by 3 points on our turf. Football minds are thinking that Foles will stink it up. Even if our defense does well, they will probably be on the field too often if Foles fails to lead the offense. Which means they will tire and yield late points. The pressure is on Foles in my opinion.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By no means a lock--we remain 2.5 point underdogs in fact--but I like this matchup. Matty Ice has not thrown for more than 2 TDs in a game all season. He has been mediocre. I think this is likely to be a lower scoring matchup than playing Drew Brees and the Saints, and that gives us much more of a winning chance with Foles.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm getting annoyed at all the people dissing the eagles (not here, although, not quite helping either.) foles did what he had to in limited time against the rams and tore up the giants. he then had one crap game in really cold and windy weather. he played 1 quarter against a good dallas team and would have led them to points on the opening drive if not for smith dropping a wide open pass.

so, now he's trash? he can't play at all? it was basically one poor game. it's like vegas, writers, whoever.. are acting like it's hundley and the packers. even if foles doesn't play well.. we still have a powerful run game, home field advantage, a rested team and a really good defensive. this acting like we need miracles to win a simple game is complete bullshit.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things I like here is that the Eagles are now underdogs at home despite being the 1 seed. Second, the coaching staff had an extra week to go over film of Foles from his great year and look at his mechanics and try to work them out during his extra week to prepare. I do think Foles will come out on fire, but just unsure about the defense? Julio Jones is going to be a wrecking machine like usual. The key is to contain the Falcons running game and pressure Matt Ryan. If we can do that, we win.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catch Foles when he's on and he can beat ya. Eagles win.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another valuable piece of information everyone seems to be forgetting is Atlanta's pass defense has not been good all year. They allow like a 111 qb rating which is worst among playoff teams. I will admit they seem to be much better the last few games. I think we can run the ball just as well on them as the previous match-up. Their defense is built on speed and have smallerish LBs.

Its a coin flip. All teams have the capability to beat any other team any day. Philly needs to have a strong run and stop the run to win. I don't think either team wants to throw the ball 30 times.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons are a good team but I think we can pull out a win if the coaching staff adjusts the offense to favor Foles' strengths. If our D can step up and Foles can put some drives together we can win. I think we are very lucky to have Long and Blount in the locker room. They both got a ring last year so their leadership will mean a lot this week. I think the team feels disrespected being the underdog and we come out and win.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons are a good team but I think we can pull out a win if the coaching staff adjusts the offense to favor Foles' strengths. If our D can step up and Foles can put some drives together we can win. I think we are very lucky to have Long and Blount in the locker room. They both got a ring last year so their leadership will mean a lot this week. I think the team feels disrespected being the underdog and we come out and win.

This big time. I think its also interesting how many players we have that have played very well vs the Falcons. Long played well in super bowl if I remember correctly. Ajayi killed them earlier this year. Blount was meh is SB. Plus basically the entire defense last year when their offense was much better. Can't wait to see Cox eat Ben Garland alive. Historically the Falcons are bad in Philly which really has nothing to do with it but I found it interesting.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote Deion Sanders, “mark my word, this game will come down to field goals and the Falcons cornerbacks.”

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to unleash the sandbagging Foles on the unsuspecting Falcons. Only thing that stops him from throwing for a record 8 TDs is being pulled from the game in the 2nd half to rest for the NFCCG.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another valuable piece of information everyone seems to be forgetting is Atlanta's pass defense has not been good all year. They allow like a 111 qb rating which is worst among playoff teams. I will admit they seem to be much better the last few games. I think we can run the ball just as well on them as the previous match-up. Their defense is built on speed and have smallerish LBs.

Its a coin flip. All teams have the capability to beat any other team any day. Philly needs to have a strong run and stop the run to win. I don't think either team wants to throw the ball 30 times.

It's a given that the Falcons will. Matt Ryan will throw around 35-40 passes this game, guarantee it.