• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Exum Wants to Play for Lakers!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you and Exum better hope the Lakers win a few more games because if LA gets a top 3 pick, Exum will be crying into his Lakers pillow case. Highly doubt LA would take him before Parker, Wiggins or Embiid.

I may be proven wrong down the road - but honestly I would take Exum with the #1 pick.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top college player wanting to play for the Lakers right now is totally different then a top flight FA ( Howard, James, Anthony(If he is one), etc...making them a top choice.

The top college player is choosing between Milwaukee, Utah, Cleveland, Philadelphia, etc....of course they would rather play in L.A..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top college player wanting to play for the Lakers right now is totally different then a top flight FA ( Howard, James, Anthony(If he is one), etc...making them a top choice.

The top college player is choosing between Milwaukee, Utah, Cleveland, Philadelphia, etc....of course they would rather play in L.A..

You must have missed the part where Kevin Love has the Lakers at the top of his list.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed the part where Kevin Love has the Lakers at the top of his list.

I have never been one of the people saying FA's won't play in L.A.

If you recall, I predicted Love to go there (makes perfect sense), and then agreed with you when you mentioned Westbrook, possibly down the road.

My position is more this. At one time, the Lakers were the ultimate destination.
A lot of that was because of the other potential income, opportunities that came along with it.

I think the playing field is a lot more even, spread out now.
Years back we didn't have games on different networks every night of the week. We didn't have the NBA package.
We didn't have the social media.

Nowadays, players can take take advantage of those some opportunities from basically anywhere they choose to play.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, I know K. Love is a stat machine.
Anthony is a scoring machine.

How much winning in the playoffs has either done though?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been one of the people saying FA's won't play in L.A.

If you recall, I predicted Love to go there (makes perfect sense), and then agreed with you when you mentioned Westbrook, possibly down the road.

My position is more this. At one time, the Lakers were the ultimate destination.
A lot of that was because of the other potential income, opportunities that came along with it.

I think the playing field is a lot more even, spread out now.
Years back we didn't have games on different networks every night of the week. We didn't have the NBA package.
We didn't have the social media.

Nowadays, players can take take advantage of those some opportunities from basically anywhere they choose to play.

True. You have said that both Love and Westbrook make sense. I agree that the playing field is more even now, but it's not as even as some want to think. While the other potential income is a bit more spread out now, it's still much easier to accomplish in L.A. than anywhere else.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I know K. Love is a stat machine.
Anthony is a scoring machine.

How much winning in the playoffs has either done though?

They haven't had that kind of talent around them. Minnesota can't seem to get anyone and who the hell knows what the Knicks are trying to do.

Don't want 'Melo on the Lakers anyway.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't had that kind of talent around them. Minnesota can't seem to get anyone and who the hell knows what the Knicks are trying to do.

Don't want 'Melo on the Lakers anyway.

I wasn't implying you did or should want Anthony. My point was strictly stat related.

As far as Love, he's never been on or near a championship roster, but he has had decent talent, and numerous top draft picks around him.

An elite player should at least be able to make their team a playoff team after this many years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't implying you did or should want Anthony. My point was strictly stat related.

As far as Love, he's never been on or near a championship roster, but he has had decent talent, and numerous top draft picks around him.

An elite player should at least be able to make their team a playoff team after this many years.

He's had top draft picks, but how many have worked out? Plus, he's been playing in the West, which has been tough for awhile. If Minnesota was in the East, with their current record, they'd be a 5 seed right now.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or does this kid remind you of a young Kobe ??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udv_mlTycf0]Dante Exum Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. He passes way too much to remind anyone of a young Kobe or an old Kobe. :laugh3:

Kobe's so good at passing, he often passes to himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Exum if given the choice. I'd rather Parker...but if we have to settle for him, then I'm for it. I won't get TOO excited because the lottery is as random as it gets

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think exum looks interesting. I would like to see his bh skills with better guards on him.

Still, the resemblance to Kobe is noted .

I have benn thinking about what or if danny deals rondo. I am starting to think that a trade to la is not ridiculous . Kobe only has two or three years left. They already made the decision to win now with that deal. Give Boston this pick and the 2016 pick, and build a team of rondo love Kobe .

It's either blow it up or all in, and why I don't agree at all with the Kobe deal, it speaks to being all in to win now......

No draft pick is going to give Kobe a chance in the next three years to win when okc, Houston, warriors, clippers and even Portland are so deep and in their prime.

Go full in and commit to win Kobe a ring

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think exum looks interesting. I would like to see his bh skills with better guards on him.

Still, the resemblance to Kobe is noted .

I have benn thinking about what or if danny deals rondo. I am starting to think that a trade to la is not ridiculous . Kobe only has two or three years left. They already made the decision to win now with that deal. Give Boston this pick and the 2016 pick, and build a team of rondo love Kobe .

It's either blow it up or all in, and why I don't agree at all with the Kobe deal, it speaks to being all in to win now......

No draft pick is going to give Kobe a chance in the next three years to win when okc, Houston, warriors, clippers and even Portland are so deep and in their prime.

Go full in and commit to win Kobe a ring

channing-tatum-creepy-laugh.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even trade Bazemore for Rondo at this moment!