• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Exum Wants to Play for Lakers!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the way Lakers fans are acting like Love is a slam dunk lol.

Also love the way they're acting like Kobe at 37 will be the same as Kobe at 33 or 34

Carry on.

oh i'm sure you'll ALL remind us if the Lakers do fail to get Love...:rollseyes:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember saying "we don't need the old Kobe, we just need a decent and healthy Kobe." That does seem a little bit different from your claim of "same as Kobe at 33 or 34." At least to me it seems different.

Also, everyone thinks the Lakers are the frontrunners to land Love. Does that mean slam dunk, no - but a good possibility, yes.

Many NBA GMs believe Love will go to the Lakers.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“People think it’s so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota,” he says. “And I’m not s——- on the Lakers, but we have the better team, the better foundation. I’m having fun.”

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so you think that Exum, Kobe Gasol and Love IF you get him for the 16-17 season you guys are contenders. Let's run through the ages shall we?

It would actually be starting the 15-16 season. He can opt out after next season. Then Kobe comes off the books and they have the cap space for another stud starting the 16-17 season. If they can strike successfully in free agency and strike successfully in this year's draft, the Lakers have nice big 3 to start contending again. It's still a couple seasons away though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“People think it’s so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota,” he says. “And I’m not s——- on the Lakers, but we have the better team, the better foundation. I’m having fun.”

"I have a goal and that's to bring a title to the city of Cleveland and I wont stop until I get it."

Players say things to placate their current market all the time.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would actually be starting the 15-16 season. He can opt out after next season. Then Kobe comes off the books and they have the cap space for another stud starting the 16-17 season. If they can strike successfully in free agency and strike successfully in this year's draft, the Lakers have nice big 3 to start contending again. It's still a couple seasons away though.

So you are also saying they are not contending until Kobe is off the books at the earliest, I completely agree with that.

"I have a goal and that's to bring a title to the city of Cleveland and I wont stop until I get it."

Players say things to placate their current market all the time.

Little different but fair enough.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidence? Or just your personal belief?

Dwight left, when is the last time you have signed a top FA? Or even acquired a top FA that stayed with the Lakers?

Maybe it isn't Kobe, maybe it is all a coincidence, maybe it is something else entirely.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight left, when is the last time you have signed a top FA? Or even acquired a top FA that stayed with the Lakers?

Maybe it isn't Kobe, maybe it is all a coincidence, maybe it is something else entirely.

So one player's decision means everyone else feels the same? Your conclusion is based on a very small sample size.

Regarding your first question....they haven't been in position to sign a top FA. They've been in luxury tax hell for a long time.

Regarding your second question....Gasol stayed for many years. He could have let his contract expire and move on if it sucked so much playing with Kobe.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are also saying they are not contending until Kobe is off the books at the earliest, I completely agree with that.

Little different but fair enough.

I don't think they are legitimate contenders with an old Kobe in the 15-16 season. They could be a very good team, but not a serious title contender. I was just pointing out your error regarding Love.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still trying to sell this bullshit? Haven't you been laughed at enough for using Dwight as your proof? You really need some new material.

Not to mention it's been shown that Dwight said Kobe had nothing to do with him leaving.

It's also been explained to you that the Lakers haven't signed major free agents since Shaq because they haven't had to and didn't have the cap space since then anyway.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one player's decision means everyone else feels the same? Your conclusion is based on a very small sample size.

Regarding your first question....they haven't been in position to sign a top FA. They've been in luxury tax hell for a long time.

Regarding your second question....Gasol stayed for many years. He could have let his contract expire and move on if it sucked so much playing with Kobe.

In fact, Pau has always said that he loves L.A. and wants to remain a Laker. He actually resists being traded (to the extent that he can).

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main thing is lock down Exum through operation tank. Fire dumbtoni and re-sign Pau. Then adding Love the next year will be a lock.

Actually, you and Exum better hope the Lakers win a few more games because if LA gets a top 3 pick, Exum will be crying into his Lakers pillow case. Highly doubt LA would take him before Parker, Wiggins or Embiid.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you and Exum better hope the Lakers win a few more games because if LA gets a top 3 pick, Exum will be crying into his Lakers pillow case. Highly doubt LA would take him before Parker, Wiggins or Embiid.

Good thing im not a GM.