• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Excerpt from Chipper Jones book

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is no news. I was expecting something about steroids, which if he used would have zero effect on his status as my all time favorite player.

Second favorite is John Rocker BTW.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is no news. I was expecting something about steroids, which if he used would have zero effect on his status as my all time favorite player.

Second favorite is John Rocker BTW.
Yeah we know you like dicks.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the being from another country, it's the failure to assimilate once you get here.
He said he flat out didn't like foreigners and asked "how the hell did they get into this country"? My family is from Spain. If I'm walking down the street, speaking Spanish with my mom, he automatically doesn't like me. It's idiotic.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he flat out didn't like foreigners and asked "how the hell did they get into this country"? My family is from Spain. If I'm walking down the street, speaking Spanish with my mom, he automatically doesn't like me. It's idiotic.

And apparently, you automatically don't like him for comments he made over 15 years ago. So I guess the feeling is mutual between you two.

I like him because his comments are still rustling people's jimmies to this day

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apparently, you automatically don't like him for comments he made over 15 years ago. So I guess the feeling is mutual between you two.

I like him because his comments are still rustling people's jimmies to this day
Has he changed his tone? Whether he said it 15 years ago or not is irrelevant if he still feels that way.

So you like him because he said something stupid? And why do you care if people assimilate when they come here? How does it affect you?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he changed his tone? Whether he said it 15 years ago or not is irrelevant if he still feels that way.

So you like him because he said something stupid? And why do you care if people assimilate when they come here? How does it affect you?

Well, he calls in to the local sports station every Tuesday and Thursday during baseball season, that's all I really hear from him. He was part of an electric motor only fishing tournament me and a few of my buddies entered a few years ago and he seemed friendly enough to me.

And in the scenario he did state, would you want to ride on that train?

And as for the assimilation, I don't really care, I just like seeing you get your panties in a wad for the second day in a row over nothing.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he calls in to the local sports station every Tuesday and Thursday during baseball season, that's all I really hear from him. He was part of an electric motor only fishing tournament me and a few of my buddies entered a few years ago and he seemed friendly enough to me.

And as for the assimilation, I don't really care, I just like seeing you get your panties in a wad for the second day in a row over nothing.
Nothing on that train affects me. So yes, I would ride on that train and I would want to if it's the best form of transportation of the time.

And you brought up Rocker, I just pointed out that he's a dick. Since he's not a fan of foreigners, I'm not a fan of his.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yes, I understand, you have the maturity of a 10 year old and enjoy being a tool.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the being from another country, it's the failure to assimilate once you get here.

But he didn't say that....here's his exact quote:

"The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. I'm not a very big fan of foreigners"

There's no double meaning to saying "I don't like foreigners"....it's pretty clear what the viewpoint is.

At Full Blast Shooting outrageously from the lip, Braves closer John Rocker bangs away at his favorite targets: the Mets, their fans, their city and just about everyone in it

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine what the Cubs showers were like in 2004 with him and Moises Alou.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao, shit, I might have to buy this book

The more copies he sells, the more likelihood that Jose Canseco writes another one

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing on that train affects me. So yes, I would ride on that train and I would want to if it's the best form of transportation of the time.

And you brought up Rocker, I just pointed out that he's a dick. Since he's not a fan of foreigners, I'm not a fan of his.

Well good for you. I've met the guy and I am a fan of his.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't say that....here's his exact quote:

"The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. I'm not a very big fan of foreigners"

There's no double meaning to saying "I don't like foreigners"....it's pretty clear what the viewpoint is.

At Full Blast Shooting outrageously from the lip, Braves closer John Rocker bangs away at his favorite targets: the Mets, their fans, their city and just about everyone in it

And he's entitled to have that viewpoint.