• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex-Alabama QBs: 'Nick Saban screwed us'

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol,

Cardale Jones response to Rosen is priceless:

Chill Bro, Play School

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would someone expect to be given something at Alabama? Their recruit classes are so good that they should never lose a game and they have practices tougher than some NFL teams.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait
aren't these two QB's still backups at the schools they're at now.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another example of why Saban is a winner, he is going to play the guy that gives him the best chance To win.

These two guys committed to Bama, and when things didn't go there way, they became a cancer to the team. Shounds like a couple of spoiled little rich kids.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torching the guy in the media was beneath Saban, he should've taken the high road.

Agreed. Be the adult. It's not like he hasn't moved on to greener pastures over his coaching career.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Rosen is an idiot who lacks the common sense God gave cabbage.

The overwhelming vast majority of people who play college football are very much student-athletes. Of the 762 college football programs, only 130 of them are competing at the NCAA DI-FBS level. How many NCAA DIII players are dreaming of the NFL as the next step in their lives?

Do the math, smart guy.

He may have a point re: entrance requirements. Facts are, they are not the same at every school, so there are some very good players that simply can't get into some schools.

The problem with what he said, imo, is that he acts like football players are the only ones with busy schedules. What about basketball players, baseball, crew, swimming, etc., etc.? Additionally, that's how it is at any level when you are in school and playing a sport. High school athletes also have busier schedules than other students. Do we complain about that too?

What about regular students who also have jobs?

Student/athletes have always had extremely busy schedules, it's part of the deal. Don't like it? Quit the team, be a regular student and pay your own way. Otherwise, stfu and be happy that you will leave school without thousands of dollars of student loan debt and get to move on to a career that will likely pay you millions.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have a point re: entrance requirements. Facts are, they are not the same at every school, so there are some very good players that simply can't get into some schools.

The problem with what he said, imo, is that he acts like football players are the only ones with busy schedules. What about basketball players, baseball, crew, swimming, etc., etc.? Additionally, that's how it is at any level when you are in school and playing a sport. High school athletes also have busier schedules than other students. Do we complain about that too?

Student/athletes have always had extremely busy schedules, it's part of the deal. Don't like it? Quit the team, be a regular student and pay your own way. Otherwise, stfu and be happy that you will leave school without thousands of dollars of student loan debt and get to move on to a career that will likely pay you millions.

Thats the main thing. NFL or not, these players have the opportunity to get a degree and not leave school with a hundred grand in debt. That's a huge thing.
But lets be real, some schools you can be a well below average student and get in if you're a 4* player and the Academic All American lists a lot of those schools put out are total BS. Yeah they have a 3.2 gpa taking classes a corpse could pass.
As for Rosen he should learn to keep some things to himself. He went to a good Catholic School and got excellent grades and got frustrated at UCLA because he's wanting a degree in economics and couldn't get some classes because of his football schedule. Legit gripe but he shouldn't have gone public. Some players couldn't care less and just take the classes that keep them eligible. Ten years from now those players will be out of the NFL and broke most likely and Rosen will have millions in the bank I bet.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the main thing. NFL or not, these players have the opportunity to get a degree and not leave school with a hundred grand in debt. That's a huge thing.
But lets be real, some schools you can be a well below average student and get in if you're a 4* player and the Academic All American lists a lot of those schools put out are total BS. Yeah they have a 3.2 gpa taking classes a corpse could pass.

Agree. That's why I think he does have a point re: entrance requirements. I mean, there a very good players that I'm sure schools like Stanford, Notre Dame and even USC and UCLA would love to have on their teams, but can't get them because the kids don't have the SAT scores or grades to get in.

He shouldn't have named 1 school since there are many schools with lowered requirements. But, Alabama makes for good click bait and UCLA doesn't play them this year. Pretty sure he's aware of both of those facts.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I didn't perform well enough athletically, it was always the coaches' fault

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. That's why I think he does have a point re: entrance requirements. I mean, there a very good players that I'm sure schools like Stanford, Notre Dame and even USC and UCLA would love to have on their teams, but can't get them because the kids don't have the SAT scores or grades to get in.

He shouldn't have named 1 school since there are many schools with lowered requirements. But, Alabama makes for good click bait and UCLA doesn't play them this year. Pretty sure he's aware of both of those facts.

LOL. Well ,all you have to do is see that Alabama and Arkansas listed more Academic All Americans football players than Duke and Vanderbilt, and Stanford . Yeah, OK.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a school isn't giving a player the support they need to do both, maybe they should pick a better school.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Well ,all you have to do is see that Alabama and Arkansas listed more Academic All Americans football players than Duke and Vanderbilt, and Stanford . Yeah, OK.

Because Alabama supports the hell out of the players and does what's needed to help them succeed.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He complained about not being able to take an economics class because it conflicted with his spring football schedule. I hate to break it to him, but regular old students have conflicts too. Lots of classes are held at the same time...hard to be in two places at once. Plus plenty of kids also have work commitments.

After Rosen gets his MBA, he might realize that life is full of competing time commitments.

There is no point in my adult life when I had more free time than when I was in college.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, OK. LOL

unicorn-2035174_960_720.png

The player you think should be suspended, Deshawn Hand, choose Alabama because of it's Civil Engineering program. Michigan was also considered one of the favorites because of their Civil Engineering program.

As I posted earlier, it's no different than regular students - they will get what they put into it. If someone wants an easier degree, they'll take easier classes regardless. If someone wants to take better classes, they can and if the school is worth a shit, they'll support them as much academically as they do atheletically.

For the past like 3 years, Alabama has played more students who have already graduated than any other school in the country. Easy classes or whatever excuse you want to make up, that doesn't happen without a great support system for academics.

But hey, keep making excuses while Alabama keeps on bringing in top recruits - even those who are academically oriented.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The player you think should be suspended, Deshawn Hand, choose Alabama because of it's Civil Engineering program. Michigan was also considered one of the favorites because of their Civil Engineering program.

As I posted earlier, it's no different than regular students - they will get what they put into it. If someone wants an easier degree, they'll take easier classes regardless. If someone wants to take better classes, they can and if the school is worth a shit, they'll support them as much academically as they do atheletically.

For the past like 3 years, Alabama has played more students who have already graduated than any other school in the country. Easy classes or whatever excuse you want to make up, that doesn't happen without a great support system for academics.

But hey, keep making excuses while Alabama keeps on bringing in top recruits - even those who are academically oriented.

Yeah ok bud. Alabama somehow gets 4-5* football team and they have more Academic All Americans than all SEC schools including Duke and Vanderbilt and Stanford and Notre Dame and Northwestern. Yeah bud. Unicorns and the tooth fairy .

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I didn't perform well enough athletically, it was always the coaches' fault
Sounds like my Principal days. Whatever went wrong was always my fault.

My secretary was pretty good at art and had a real unique sense of humor. After one series of events "that were my fault" she painted me a nice sign for my office. It said, "I have a very responsible position around here. Anytime anything goes wrong anywhere on campus, I'm responsible."