• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ex-Alabama QBs: 'Nick Saban screwed us'

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://nypost.com/2017/08/08/ex-alabama-qbs-nick-saban-screwed-us/

al.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is pretty much why neither of them got the start. You can't be selfish and play for Saban.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and good luck to both of them. I'm hoping they have success. I think we could have done pretty well with Barnett if he hadn't bailed, especially towards the end of the year when Jalen was struggling, but he left that opportunity.

Bateman started 1 game in 2015 and it was a terrible decisions by Saban/Kiffin. He couldn't even make simple read plays and if he had been the starter last year, we would have lost a few games. Game just seemed too fast for him when he was in.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but why run down when he decided to go to a better opportunity

Well Barnett bailed after the 4th game of the season is the rub with him, didn't finish the season.

And that is one thing we can say positive about Bateman - he stuck out the season even after not getting the starting job.

But Barnett has talent that Bateman doesn't. Combine the 2 and you might have a good QB there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a bunch of crybaby bull shit.

Danny Ocho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance to both Barnett and Bateman. They both had their opportunies to win the starting job. I don't hate the guys, it's stupid to try to put Saban in a dark light, claiming that the coach screwed them over. Get over it! Everybody's moved on.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is pretty much why neither of them got the start. You can't be selfish and play for Saban.
Couple of babies for sure, but their reported issue was being told they were going to play and then simply were not put in.

I mean buck up and go fight for that spot. Force them to put you in because of the work you do in practice.

Both of them coming to the Pac doesn't thrill me. Utah was a half way decent QB from being fucking dangerous last year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of babies for sure, but their reported issue was being told they were going to play and then simply were not put in.

I mean buck up and go fight for that spot. Force them to put you in because of the work you do in practice.

Both of them coming to the Pac doesn't thrill me. Utah was a half way decent QB from being fucking dangerous last year.

If they were told different than the truth, it's probably because they were seen as the type of players who weren't mature enough to handle it, aka selfish - which is also a reason for them to not win the job. I don't think Saban would just string them along for shits and giggles.

Maybe that is also why they made such a big deal about Jalen being so mature for his age. I don't know.

I kind of expect QB's to transfer at the end of the year if they don't win the starting job, so it's not too much of a big deal to me. That 4th game leaving stuff leaves a bad taste, but I guess that's just the way it is.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what Saban...or any other coach tells them. Of course they tell them "they'll be the man" when they are recruiting them. That's just recruiting.

It is all about playing time...plain and simple.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were told different than the truth, it's probably because they were seen as the type of players who weren't mature enough to handle it, aka selfish - which is also a reason for them to not win the job. I don't think Saban would just string them along for shits and giggles.

Maybe that is also why they made such a big deal about Jalen being so mature for his age. I don't know.

I kind of expect QB's to transfer at the end of the year if they don't win the starting job, so it's not too much of a big deal to me. That 4th game leaving stuff leaves a bad taste, but I guess that's just the way it is.
Actually, I would guess they might have been told they were leading in the job by maybe their QB coach or something, but Hurts came out and just played well enough to force them to keep him in. That's the way I would have envisioned it. Maybe you all can shed light on that. If he came out in his expected limited role and just tore it up why wouldn't they keep going with the hot hand? Those two dolts should have just gone out and worked even harder.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, the click bait headline the NY Post has put on this article makes the kids seem worse than their actual quotes. I'm guessing they did it thinking it would be a sting towards Saban, but really it just makes them seem bad. I didn't really see anything where they directly say "He screwed us".

They should probably change it to something a bit more accurate. Just say "He lied to us", or "He told us we would start" is better for them.

Although, I guess technically Barnett did start USC. I thought all along that was nothing more than to fulfill a promise.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they both do if they can't win the starting job with their new teams?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I would guess they might have been told they were leading in the job by maybe their QB coach or something, but Hurts came out and just played well enough to force them to keep him in. That's the way I would have envisioned it. Maybe you all can shed light on that. If he came out in his expected limited role and just tore it up why wouldn't they keep going with the hot hand? Those two dolts should have just gone out and worked even harder.

I have thought since the USC game that Barnett got the start simply to fulfill a promise.

Hurts fumbled his very first play in game, but still came out the 2nd time - did nothing. He didn't do anything better than Barnett to start the game, but got more chances and it eventually opened up obviously.

But I'm not expert on that stuff, I just see the results. Maybe Barnett wasn't make reads or something. Couldn't say.

It was rumored during fall camp that Hurts was the man and was the only one that looked the part. Barnett apparently was just fucking awful in practice, Saban compared to him Bernie Kosar at one point, saying something along the lines of "Hell I hope he's one of those QB's that suck in practice and do well in game".

And I have no idea why Bateman would have ever believed he was going to be the starter based on what I've heard and seen. The only thing he had going for him was seniority, which obviously means little.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance to both Barnett and Bateman. They both had their opportunies to win the starting job. I don't hate the guys, it's stupid to try to put Saban in a dark light, claiming that the coach screwed them over. Get over it! Everybody's moved on.
Torching the guy in the media was beneath Saban, he should've taken the high road.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they both do if they can't win the starting job with their new teams?

Bateman isn't playing QB for Utah, he's a WR now.

Like I said, I am shocked he thought he would be the starter.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torching the guy in the media was beneath Saban, he should've taken the high road.

Probably, especially since he didn't really say anything that wasn't already what most people thought. It must have gotten to him a bit.