• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone picking Michigan State to win it all

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy.... Just saw some of the best hoops Tommy has ever put on the floor. We have grumbled all year waiting for this team to be whole and show everyone we are the real deal. The Couches in E.L. are safe this spring. Your Captain says, Izzy got this.:suds:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 of the last 17 champions lost as many conference games as Michigan St did this year.

... and I don't see a Kemba Walker on this team

That's true, but how many lost as many starting players as State did AND got them all back, healthy, for an NCAA run?

I would wager not many, if any, at all.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but how many lost as many starting players as State did AND got them all back, healthy, for an NCAA run?

very good point. it's rare to be SO unhealthy/unlucky (branden dawson being an idiot and punching a table, or whatever happened) and then have the chance to be healthy at the PERFECT time

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

very good point. it's rare to be SO unhealthy/unlucky (branden dawson being an idiot and punching a table, or whatever happened) and then have the chance to be healthy at the PERFECT time

can you blame us green homers for being excited? it's fuckn miraculous...and just a wee bit skeery too. Izzo said it was like going from ugly duckling to prom queen overnight...and wasn't very happy with the comparisons. State had a great conference tourney...showed dramatic improvement...but everybody knows they'll have to show even more dramatic improvement in order to get to Texas

Dawson, btw, slammed his hand on a table while watching/listening to ESPiN's Dan fuckn Dickitch's analysis of MSU's weaknesses in the 21JAN Indiana game...adding injury to insult.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you blame us green homers for being excited? it's fuckn miraculous...and just a wee bit skeery too. Izzo said it was like going from ugly duckling to prom queen overnight...and wasn't very happy with the comparisons. State had a great conference tourney...showed dramatic improvement...but everybody knows they'll have to show even more dramatic improvement in order to get to Texas

Dawson, btw, slammed his hand on a table while watching/listening to ESPiN's Dan fuckn Dickitch's analysis of MSU's weaknesses in the 21JAN Indiana game...adding injury to insult.

1) dawson and Runeman have more in common than we thought! they actually listen to people on espn and take what they say as scripture!

2) he was an idiot to do that, and their seed is likely where it's at because of it (probably woulda ended up a 3 with even one less loss). Louisville (losing Behanan because he is a bonehead) had a similar problem, florida (losing to Wisky because scotty is a punk <--sorry gators fans it's true, even if he's a hell of a basketball player) was able to weather that storm because he wasn't out for a long time.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is 9/2 odds to win the NC. Only Florida is better at 4/1.

National Bracket has Florida over MSU and AZ over Louisville with Florida winning it all.

All 5 people on the ESPN show tonight did pick MSU which is hilarious IMO.[/QUOTE

I have Fl and Louisville in the NCG in my pool with FL winning. Imagine when Donovan called his former coach Pitino about taking the FL job and Rick tried to talk him out of it, saying he could only fail there. Few years later they are cutting down the nets.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have maintained all year a Healthy MSU is a final 4 team and still believe that. I don't see an area that can be picked on. My problem is wondering which Payne will show up for the game. When his attitude is good, he is the best big man in CBB.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't argue that bonehead moves have consequences...

1) dawson and Runeman have more in common than we thought! they actually listen to people on espn and take what they say as scripture!

2) he was an idiot to do that, and their seed is likely where it's at because of it (probably woulda ended up a 3 with even one less loss). Louisville (losing Behanan because he is a bonehead) had a similar problem, florida (losing to Wisky because scotty is a punk <--sorry gators fans it's true, even if he's a hell of a basketball player) was able to weather that storm because he wasn't out for a long time.

if he'd have taken out his anger on the court, it's possible State would not have lost to MICH twice, WIS by 2, or at home to NEB and ILL...won the conference outright and skated in to the Dance as a solid #1 seed.

:bawling:

fuck it...
it is what it is...
besides, guilt's been a good incentive for the kid.