• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone picking Michigan State to win it all

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they won't win though? I'm not saying they are locks but they are a huge threat..

There's a good chance statistically he is right.

MSU is finding there stride for sure but getting through Natti than UVA, than either Nova, Iowa State or UCONN in the E8 isn't easy. Than vs Florida, Kansas, Cuse (GO CUSE), in the FF, than Zona/Wisconsin or Louisville or Duke or Michigan in the NC isn't easy.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully we have Vegas who is generally 1000x better than human opinion and polls we hear on TV.

All the TV personalities are picking Harvard to win their game as well...watching that show, you can tell they all feel obligated to pick some upsets even if they don't believe in it... because picking the favorites is too easy... and they know there will be upsets... and since last year it was the 5 vs 12 .. that is where all their picks were this year.

Thank God these guys are stock brokers... history has no bearing on the future.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really give much of a crap about college hoops. They were touted as a Natl Champ contender out of the gate, had some injuries and lost a few. They'd be ok when they got healthy everyone said. Then they did and were still losing at home to crap like Nebraska & Illinois. Who knows. They have the bodies and Izzo has taken them deep with less talent. Go Sparty !

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is 9/2 odds to win the NC. Only Florida is better at 4/1.

National Bracket has Florida over MSU and AZ over Louisville with Florida winning it all.

All 5 people on the ESPN show tonight did pick MSU which is hilarious IMO.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan St. is a solid team. Picking them to win it all...I dunno. Its not far fetched though. But its all about matchups. Michigan for instance doesn't matchup well with teams with size up front. I like florida myself. Either way its going to be exciting.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I see a team with as many capable pieces, the physicality, the depth, the coaching and a Denzel I'll let you know. But dont hold your breath, you probably won't hear from me about it.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked MSU to win it all. Their performance the last two games, when Appling and Dawson looked healthy for the first time all year, was the best I've seen anyone look all year. And last time I checked, Tom Izzo is a pretty good coach. I had a dilemma between MSU and Florida, but sending MSU to the Final Four was the easiest choice on my bracket.

Fully endorsed. Did people not watch them during the tourney? What everyone was afraid of seemed to happen - injured players hitting their stride and the team blending back together. They look scary right now, especially in a year where no one looks fully dominant. Obviously, anything can and usually does happen, but if you don't have Michigan St as a favorite, I don't believe you have much insight.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully endorsed. Did people not watch them during the tourney? What everyone was afraid of seemed to happen - injured players hitting their stride and the team blending back together. They look scary right now, especially in a year where no one looks fully dominant. Obviously, anything can and usually does happen, but if you don't have Michigan St as a favorite, I don't believe you have much insight.

State is definitely a favorite... injuries and suspensions, etc. play a major role which some people choose to ignore. Florida is in the same boat... the only 2 losses we had were when we had multiple big-time players out (including Scottie Wilbekin with whom our team isn't close to a same without).

But I will also say, this year I think there are literally 12 teams that could put together a good stretch of games and win it all.

It is all about matchups as well.. I think Florida matches up great against teams like Kansas and Wisky... but Syracuse scares me with their zone... as Florida only has 2 strong outside threats, and only 1 can really create his own shot.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is 9/2 odds to win the NC. Only Florida is better at 4/1.

National Bracket has Florida over MSU and AZ over Louisville with Florida winning it all.

All 5 people on the ESPN show tonight did pick MSU which is hilarious IMO.

I am very interested in the 2nd round of games which could blow up brackets...

Florida vs. Pitt

AZ vs. Ok State

Those two in particular worry me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stat I love is we were 2 for 17 from 3 and beat #2 seed UM by 14. :laugh3:

not sure how Michigan got a better ranking in the tournament then MSU

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The head of the selection committee was on ESPN yesterday and explained it is based on complete body of work and not on how a team is playing today.

There was a prime example where a team just beat another... but was ranked well behind that he used to explain it.

So... seeding and actual rankings based on today's play are mutually exclusive based on his explanation.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure how anyone could hope for anything better than a #4 seed after losing 7 of their final 12 conference games.

I understand there is a significant injury storyline accompanying those 12 games, but that is still way too many losses grouped in the 2nd half of the season to be talking about a 2 or 3 seed.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were you watching not everyone on espn were picking Mich St.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how anyone could hope for anything better than a #4 seed after losing 7 of their final 12 conference games.

I understand there is a significant injury storyline accompanying those 12 games, but that is still way too many losses grouped in the 2nd half of the season to be talking about a 2 or 3 seed.

MSU went 12-6 in conference play.
(lost -most ingloriously- to Georgetown at MSG mid-season.)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head of the selection committee was on ESPN yesterday and explained it is based on complete body of work and not on how a team is playing today.

There was a prime example where a team just beat another... but was ranked well behind that he used to explain it.

So... seeding and actual rankings based on today's play are mutually exclusive based on his explanation.

Did he use the same logic for Lville?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU went 12-6 in conference play.
(lost -most ingloriously- to Georgetown at MSG mid-season.)

Good catch, didn't realize they had that non-conference game thrown in there