• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Empty seats today in California

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to take into consideration the terrible traffic LA has. Helll it takes what at least 2 innings for the Dodgers to get a decent crowd at their games

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have one of the weaker fanbases in the league according to the numbers, though.

This whole thing is moot. NFL cares about TV numbers more than butts in the stadium.

You mean the fan base that makes a huge presence at every single road game? Please elaborate on the numbers.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are people posting pictures from the beginning of the game? All LA sports team's aren't full at the beginning of games due to traffic. Everybody knows that.

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people posting pictures from the beginning of the game? All LA sports team's aren't full at the beginning of games due to traffic. Everybody knows that.
Traffic isn't the blame, nor the dodgers or angels. Is the rest of the careless people in LA, probably too busy browsing cheap clothing stores in beverly hills or too hooked on "It"

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traffic isn't the blame, nor the dodgers or angels. Is the rest of the careless people in LA, probably too busy browsing cheap clothing stores in beverly hills or too hooked on "It"

Nah - it is people taking advantage of other things due to the weather & opportunities. It is transplants who root for the Bears, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, Pats, etc who don't care about the Rams or Chargers. It is kids who quite often don't even care about the NFL. A lot of things going on & I am not sure who had the bright idea that LA could sustain two NFL teams.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are missing important facts.

1) The Rams are fighting against 2 fan bases. They are fighting against the Raiders, who has the largest fan base in LA. Then, you have the Chargers.

2) The Rams are new to a lot of people in LA, so you have to give them time to adapt to them. There wasn't a team here for 20 years so everybody had different teams to root for.

3) Look where they are playing. Everybody and their mama knows the Coliseum is a dump. Not only that, it fits over 95k people, so it will look more empty than stadiums that fit 60k people.

4) A lot of people are waiting for the new stadium in Inglewood to be finished.

5) If this was the Raiders, then that stadium would be sold out, period! It's not a city thing, it's a team thing.

# 1 on your list will make it harder for the Rams & the Chargers. In a few years Raiders home games will only be a short flight or relatively short drive from LA & most folks would love to go to Vegas to watch a game. Fans can also stay at home & watch the Raiders for cheaper instead of breaking the bank to go to a Rams/Chargers game. You have to remember that with a new stadium tickets won't be cheap.

Watching a game at home is better for many folks then going to the game unless you are a diehard. This is more of a challenge in LA where there are so many other choices for entertainment on a Sun.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had much respect for a good portion of Niner fans....tons of bandwagon guys and later on, a buch of pathetic cholo wannabes. I'm sure the ludicrous prices that are asked are turning off some fans as well - I know there would be no way I'd pay that kind of coin even if they were fielding their 80's team.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have one of the weaker fanbases in the league according to the numbers, though.

This whole thing is moot. NFL cares about TV numbers more than butts in the stadium.

The Lakers only fit around 55k in their baseball dump stadium, so of course they will be at the bottom of the list in totals and average.

As far as the road, the home team totals havd nothing to do with the Raiders fanbase. That have everything to do with the home team fanbase and how interesting they are in seeing the Raiders.

Raiders fans travel well like Cowboys and Steelers fans.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build a multi-billion dollar stadium and they will come... for about two seasons.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you ever seen the beginning of Lakers and Dodgers games?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. The niners crowd is more surprising, imo, noticed it before the game started. Stick with my prediction Chargers or Rams leave L.A. after 5 years or before.
Rams can't because Krooked Kroenke dumped a billion plus into that stadium. No one wants teh Chargers in LA. Would be surprised if they are there long term

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPA4604a5_shutterstock_100837549.jpg

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true as far as pro football goes.
However, basketball & baseball have been thriving in LA for decades, and so has hockey too oddly enough.

Yeah I suppose I should have specified pro football, my bad.

I will defer to your opinion since you are closer to it than me, I'm just calling it as I see it from where I am.

The #2 TV market in the country hasn't had pro football in 22 years, and I don't care what anyone says about a stadium. If the NFL cares so much about TV ratings that wouldn't mean anything. I still believe the new stadium will be difficult to sell out.

Not to offend the good fans out there.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a weekday 7pm start you're correct. But at 1pm on a Sunday it's pretty easy to get around.