• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

El Paso Chihuahuas Mean Business!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our local Single A Padres affiliate is a blast. Cheap-ass tickets, cheap-ass beer, get to see guys from the bigs rehabbing, our mascot won the best mascot award for all of minor league baseball, etc. Come on Thirty Thursdays when beers are a buck and drunks are stumbling around in the stands (not me of course!!!).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something wrong if you don't enjoy minor league baseball.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something wrong if you don't enjoy minor league baseball.
spot on. Minor league baseball is the absolute best bang for the buck in sports today. I would go to a minor league game before a big league game any day of the week. In fact next month I'll be making the trip to Portland Maine and take in a Seadogs game or 2. I can't wait.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our local team is amazing. I'm sure this is common elsewhere but in Lake Elsinore, families actually sponsor a player and he stays in the house with them for free. And whenever a HR is hit, a guy goes around the stands with a hat collecting dollar bills to give the kid after the game.

Also, the team sells multi-packs of tickets at a discount. I think we buy 20 at a time and get to sit behind home plate if we want to for $5/ticket. And they have all kinds of entertainment and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a beer stand.

I honestly don't know what they could do to make it better unless there were bewbs during the stretch. :noidea:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cousin Heather and her husband have been a "host family" the last three or four years for the Dodgers A affiliate Great Lakes Loons. We went on family day last year, had a great time.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to attend Phoenix Firebirds games regularly from the late 80s till the Dbacks' initial season. I always had a blast. I've been to Reno a few times and watched the Aces play. I was hoping to catch Archie Bradley there this season but he went on the DL & is now in AA Mobile.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to attend Phoenix Firebirds games regularly from the late 80s till the Dbacks' initial season. I always had a blast. I've been to Reno a few times and watched the Aces play. I was hoping to catch Archie Bradley there this season but he went on the DL & is now in AA Mobile.

I remember the Phoenix Firebirds but I never went to a game. I've been to a lot of spring training games here that are a lot of fun. I try to get to four or five Diamondbacks games a year. Used to go the Columbus Clippers games back in the late seventies and early eighties.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our local team is amazing. I'm sure this is common elsewhere but in Lake Elsinore, families actually sponsor a player and he stays in the house with them for free. And whenever a HR is hit, a guy goes around the stands with a hat collecting dollar bills to give the kid after the game.

Also, the team sells multi-packs of tickets at a discount. I think we buy 20 at a time and get to sit behind home plate if we want to for $5/ticket. And they have all kinds of entertainment and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a beer stand.

I honestly don't know what they could do to make it better unless there were bewbs during the stretch. :noidea:

If I had a minor league team close to me I'd be there every nite just for this kinda stuff.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cousin Heather and her husband have been a "host family" the last three or four years for the Dodgers A affiliate Great Lakes Loons. We went on family day last year, had a great time.

Saw Kershaw pitch in 06 or 07 at a Loons game. Great atmosphere there.

Minor ball is best sporting events to attend by far. Damn sure if you have family. Always kid friendly and much more involved with the kids

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3