• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news:

Teammate says nice things about other teammate.

Not saying Lebron is wrong, think Irving probably is one of the best one on one players in NBA history, but c'mon man. You don't have to post every positive thing Lebron says about a teammate, lol.

Lebron praised Jefferson for covering for him on why he had a bad game. But it goes deeper than that, Jefferson started eating vegan waffles and mainly fruits instead of eggs and bacon. This has made him lighter on his feet so he could be more exuberant on the bench and energize his teammates. It's also helped team morale since his farts don't bother his team as much since Jefferson's getting at that age where flatulence is starting to build up. Lebron stated that Jefferson's an all around great teammate and leader given that at his current age, Jefferson's farts will likely signal death.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaa? Pippen was a GREAT player even without Jordan. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you b/c of the double negative.

In 93-94, without Jordan, the Pippen-led Bulls won 55 games.
Pippen was 8th in scoring (22), 23rd in rebounding (8.7), 19th in assists (5.6) and second in steals (2.93).
3rd in MVP voting (Olajuwon, D.Robinson)
1st in All-NBA First Team votes
1st in All-Defensive First Team votes

He would not have any rings without MJ. That's why I made the comparison. I already said he was probably the greatest perimeter defender ever. One year does not mean he could do that every year. He was also arguably in his prime that year. Kyrie has yet to get to his prime years.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would not have any rings without MJ. That's why I made the comparison. I already said he was probably the greatest perimeter defender ever. One year does not mean he could do that every year. He was also arguably in his prime that year. Kyrie has yet to get to his prime years.

You could probably say this about any superstar in NBA history. I mean, MJ technically didn't win any championships without Scottie either, so you could easily make the same argument the opposite way.

Just saying...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does "the field" constitute?
Says the ass clown who needs clarification from @Mecca as to what the field is.
I'll simply in her absence.
Field would mean she's taking the Warriors and giving you the Cavs and or Celtics, which prob was meant as a joke, but you're too naïve to get it.

Anyway, she offered you (I think) exactly what I proposed.
Yep.

That and if the Warriors win, but it takes more than 5 games, he still wins.

You can't get any better terms than that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen got his team within a **** hair of the Finals before he sat himself out of the last play.

In '94 the Bulls lost to the Knicks 4-3 in the semi's. Then in '95 the Magic knocked the Bulls outta the playoffs in the semi's 4-2.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In '94 the Bulls lost to the Knicks 4-3 in the semi's. And in '95 the Magic knocked the Bulls outta the playoffs in the semi's 4-2.
I've been like, Fuck Nick Anderson, ever since he picked MJ's pocket.

That fuckers career straight :exploding:after that Finals.

I have never seen someone just implode mentally that way before.

Ben Wallace, Deandre Jordan step up to the line like they Steve Nash compared to that Dude.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been like, Fuck Nick Anderson, ever since he picked MJ's pocket.

That fuckers career straight :exploding:after that Finals.

I have never seen someone just implode mentally that way before.

Ben Wallace, Deandre Jordan step up to the line like they Steve Nash compared to that Dude.

Nick Anderson. Now there's a name I forgot all about.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prob...unless Kyrie goes crazy again.....

at this point- Kyrie has to be, if not the best, certainly knocking on the door- of best teammate LeBron has had in his career

You do understand that the Cavs have to WIN the next 2 Finals to surpass what was accomplished here.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that the Cavs have to WIN the next 2 Finals to surpass what was accomplished here.

The funny thing is the Cavs could win the next 2 Finals (not that I think they will) & you'd still find something to complain about.:D

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is the Cavs could win the next 2 Finals (not that I think they will) & you'd still find something to complain about.:D

What part of my post was complaining?
It's more like educating.
I see Wiggy disagrees, but I doubt he can do basic math.
Heat won 2. To surpass that you have to win 3.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you had to have one guy in the league with the ball, down 1, 7 seconds left- and they were gonna put up the shot--- it has to be Kyrie right?

i can see some argument for Durant, LeBron, Curry, as the next tier

with a next tier of maybe like IT, Wall, Lillard, ...DeRozan maybe...Butler

...not a big fan of RW and Harden in these situations to be honest....def not Kawhi....'

KYrie can just beat you so many ways....at the hoop, midrange, from 3...he has that ridiculous handle...

and most importantly- he is COLD BLOODED.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you had to have one guy in the league with the ball, down 1, 7 seconds left- and they were gonna put up the shot--- it has to be Kyrie right?

i can see some argument for Durant, LeBron, Curry, as the next tier

with a next tier of maybe like IT, Wall, Lillard, ...DeRozan maybe...Butler

...not a big fan of RW and Harden in these situations to be honest....def not Kawhi....'

KYrie can just beat you so many ways....at the hoop, midrange, from 3...he has that ridiculous handle...

and most importantly- he is COLD BLOODED.

Easy answer for me.
Michael Paul Beasley

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Heat should sign him...lol.....they would DEF. be a threat to the Cavs then....lol.

Prob as much as a threat to the Cavs if you add him to the current roster as the Cavs are to the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prob as much as a threat to the Cavs if you add him to the current roster as the Cavs are to the Warriors.
yah you said this last year.....lol...howd that turn out?

and cmon---- the Cavs are a threat to the Warriors........the Warriors deserve their favorite status- but this is gonna be a helluva series-----.the Heat are like a little ant to the Cavs....i mean- the Cavs are 35-5 in the East playoffs over the last 3 years while the Heat are lotto fodder. The Cavs are ruining those teams--- i mean- they broke up the Bulls....they are running Paul George out of Indiana....the Raptors might get blown up and Lowry might be allowed to walk just because those GOOD teams are still so far away.

The Heat - from even being respected by the Cavs?--- a total of: a top 5 player, another all star, at least a couple role players, and better hope Winslow develops an offensive gave where he can afford to stay onthe court- a couple which can shoot--- just for them to be respected by the Cavs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In '94 the Bulls lost to the Knicks 4-3 in the semi's. Then in '95 the Magic knocked the Bulls outta the playoffs in the semi's 4-2.

Jordan played in '95 wearing #45 until after game 1 when he was embarrassed.

The team in '94 was probably better than the '95 version. MJ was out of shape that year. The '94 Bulls got hosed by a bad call at the end of game 5 and likely would have won the series had it gone the other way. Since the Knicks later advanced to the Finals and took the Rockets to 7 games, I think it is more than fair to say the Bulls were close to the Finals that year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and cmon---- the Cavs are a threat to the Warriors........the Warriors deserve their favorite status- but this is gonna be a helluva series-----.the Heat are like a little ant to the Cavs....i mean- the Cavs are 35-5 in the East playoffs over the last 3 years while the Heat are lotto fodder. The Cavs are ruining those teams--- i mean- they broke up the Bulls....they are running Paul George out of Indiana....the Raptors might get blown up and Lowry might be allowed to walk just because those GOOD teams are still so far away.

The Heat - from even being respected by the Cavs?--- a total of: a top 5 player, another all star, at least a couple role players, and better hope Winslow develops an offensive gave where he can afford to stay onthe court- a couple which can shoot--- just for them to be respected by the Cavs.

You seriously can't detect sarcasm?:L
Please save the spam.

I'll simplify.
I'll always rather have Beasley >> anyone or a celebration that ain't changing my life one bit.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. I think injuries ultimately broke the bulls up. They would have eventually got to the finals. Probably 2 years ago. They were going up 3-1 on the Cavs and then Gasol went out hurt. Probably hurt them another finals prior to that as well. Right before Rose's first knee injury in Game 1 a few years ago, they were playing championship level ball.

And then this year.. Who knows what the Bulls would have done. Once again, they looked like legit finals contenders the first 2 games vs. the Celtics than Rondo goes down.

Injuries have ruined the Bulls for the better part of the last 6-7 years. Not Lebron.

You can't get momentum when you're CONSTANTLY losing key guys to your team every freakin year. No team can.

The last 7 years some key guy was always injured at the worst possible time

- Boozer hurts his toe
-Noah Goes down
- Bulls rolling then Rose goes down, then misses an entire season. then gets hurt again
- Bulls about to go up 3-1 on Cavs, Gasol goes down.
- Bulls rolling Games 1-2 on Boston's HC. Rondo goes down.

Ultimately, Injuries have cost the Bulls a few finals appearances probably and even a potential championship. The year Rose went down with his first knee injury, I think was the year they would have won it all.

The Bull may have been able to even make the finals this year.. Though they would have lose to the Warriors.
No team can ultimately overcome injuries like that

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, you're pathetic.
Pages and pages of spam about how great James and the gang are vs the other side where Durant is going to choke, etc.
If anyone here shouldn't be saying the Warriors shouldn't be favored, it's you.