• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles sign Legarrette Blount

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get too worked up on Blount. He was the only decent guy left after the Patriots signed guys they prefer and Lacy signed with the Seahawks and Lynch signed with the Raiders and several really good RBs were drafted. Better to have him then not, but he was simply the one good option left on the table after everyone else had eaten their share. Glad there was a decent scrap left over for the Eagles to pickup.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get too worked up on Blount. He was the only decent guy left after the Patriots signed guys they prefer and Lacy signed with the Seahawks and Lynch signed with the Raiders and several really good RBs were drafted. Better to have him then not, but he was simply the one good option left on the table after everyone else had eaten their share. Glad there was a decent scrap left over for the Eagles to pickup.

spoken like a true non-fan.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have gone after Gillislee like they did. The Patriots are excellent at taking talent from the other teams in their division. But what did they pay for him and what are we paying for Blount?

Also, this one year of veteran guys to help develop Wentz might have been their plan all along. Pederson's main job is developing Wentz. He only had Sproles as a veteran to work with him last year. Now they are loaded with veterans and young talent. They'll get to play around with both, but they have a very experienced offense now around their inexperienced QB. Blount rounds that out.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have gone after Gillislee like they did. The Patriots are excellent at taking talent from the other teams in their division. But what did they pay for him and what are we paying for Blount?

You really can't be suggesting that the Eagles are managing their salary cap better than the Patriots can you?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't be suggesting that the Eagles are managing their salary cap better than the Patriots can you?

Nope. I didn't say that at all or even imply anything about the larger picture of the teams. Weird that you would project your emotions on it. I asked about the costs for the two very specific players and the specific contracts they signed with each franchise.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I didn't say that at all or even imply anything about the larger picture of the teams. Weird that you would project your emotions on it. I asked about the costs for the two very specific players and the specific contracts they signed with each franchise.

Okay. It is interesting that the Patriots chose to not sign a 1000 yard 18 TD contributor at a bargain basement price and instead signed some backups from other teams at higher price tags. We can either choose to assume the Patriots made a dumb decision or perhaps they did not?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. It is interesting that the Patriots chose to not sign a 1000 yard 18 TD contributor at a bargain basement price and instead signed some backups from other teams at higher price tags. We can either choose to assume the Patriots made a dumb decision or perhaps they did not?

The Patriots do things differently because they have the best head coach and staff in the NFL. The Patriots are the most fundamentally sound team in the NFL imo. You don't find a lot of the mistakes like poor tackling on the Patriots. They are the best for a reason and it is not all about talent.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots made a smart decision and so did the Eagles.:nod:

Try a different angle. Your vantage point sucks.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine how a Bills fan must feel, having a division rival purge talent from your roster and seeing them kick ass on the new team - we need to start doing that more often.

Blount essentially gives us the hammer that Mathews failed to do consistently last season because he does what he always does - get injured. I don't think we should expect 1200 yards and 18 TDs, but he will add a dimension to the offense that we really missed at times last season when Mathews was on the shelf. Going back to his days in KC, Pederson has shown he is really good at rotating the backs in at different points of the game to maximize their effect in the offense. Plus the fact that having a 250 lb back will really wear a defense out over the course of a game.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NE didn't have chip Kelly come in and get rid of their talent without replacing it and gut their cap. It won't get fixed in one year. but we are getting there.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine how a Bills fan must feel, having a division rival purge talent from your roster and seeing them kick ass on the new team - we need to start doing that more often.

You mean like losing Djackson to WAS and then having him almost personally boot us out of the playoffs??? Thanks Chip!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots made a smart decision and so did the Eagles.:nod:

Try a different angle. Your vantage point sucks.

I liked Blount and would have been happy if the Patriots had kept him even if I still like the moves they made.

Sometimes Blount was ineffective like in the Superbowl but other times he was just what they needed.

Good luck.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for this. He can hold down the fort til we get Barkley next year!