• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles post game

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you mean by "IF" EB fixes the offense... he already has! How can this be confirmed? Well, go back to when Rivera confirmed the reports that players came to him with complaints against EB for working them too hard! That confirmation was a damning admission that he (Rivera) had NOT changed the culture and that these players felt comfortable enough to report to their mommy figure for relief from that big bad higher standard man. Do you remember Rivera's response to the players? ( Go talk to EB) Yeah, it was pretty telling!

After 4 weeks we know positively that the offense works, it looks better to the eye, and they do move the ball in a more impressive fashion than other offenses. A secondary, look at the Chiefs' struggles asks the balancing question about EB's influence there. (Remember the question about EB was... was it him or Andy Reid)

One other thing, the team owner sets the agenda, do you honestly believe that Josh, Ervin, and company are interested in average (mediocre) or championships? Hiring EB as HC now sends the message that there's a new sheriff in town and you're going to measure up or get shipped out. In real terms, it plays out like this...
Rivera... "The only way to learn and grow and get better is to play."
EB.... "My job is to clean up the shit and we continue to move forward."

Rivera..." One of the things that I want to make sure everybody understands is that when you delegate authority, you have to set the standard."
(after learning that the players were disgruntled with EB's standards)
Rivera... "Go talk to him (Eric.)"

Rivera... "I just am going to go out, do my job, coach as hard as I can and see what happens."
EB... " If I don't do my job, they will fire my ass!"

I like the no nonsense EB style. Im saying if EB turns Howell into a top QB and this offense averages in the high 20's for PPG then yes its fixed. The unknown with EB was that he didnt call the plays in KC reid did and that was probably the reason why he wasn't offered a HC job this year. RR has fixed that locker room from what it was with Jay Gruden. Players respect RR and play hard for him. I would totally understand if Harris went to EB and moved on from RR if EB was offered a HC position.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful Sty...Beautiful my friend...

My fear is that Rivera will get credit for the work EB has done.
We can't have another Gruden/McVay situation here.

I think Harris is a wise man...we will see.
Exactly! The league is once again changing, at present there's one top-flight QB who stands in the pocket and slings it around the yard... Justin Herbert. Mobility is a key ingredient in today's NFL and they all need coaches who understand that they don't fit into a system but require you to institute a system that made them highly valued in the first place. Look at the abject failures that Chicago had with Trubisky and now Fields trying to fit them into their systems.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! The league is once again changing, at present there's one top-flight QB who stands in the pocket and slings it around the yard... Justin Herbert. Mobility is a key ingredient in today's NFL and they all need coaches who understand that they don't fit into a system but require you to institute a system that made them highly valued in the first place. Look at the abject failures that Chicago had with Trubisky and now Fields trying to fit them into their systems.
I like pennix as well actually.
He is fast, mobile, accurate and elusive.
He should win the Heisman over Williams because he is just as good with far less support.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the no nonsense EB style. Im saying if EB turns Howell into a top QB and this offense averages in the high 20's for PPG then yes its fixed. The unknown with EB was that he didnt call the plays in KC reid did and that was probably the reason why he wasn't offered a HC job this year. RR has fixed that locker room from what it was with Jay Gruden. Players respect RR and play hard for him. I would totally understand if Harris went to EB and moved on from RR if EB was offered a HC position.
You cannot measure what's fixed until you have the players that make it go. Right now the ONLY measuring rod that we have is based on players that Rivera and company drafted. The ONLY thing that we can do now is make the determination if his system works. With respect to Howell, or any other player in the league... we must always, always, always be looking to upgrade! I'm not sure if you'll be able to relate to the following analogy but Howell isn't the type! Yes, he can and probably will improve, he definitely has skills and moxie. He'll win plenty of games and may take the team into a few playoff appearances, maybe even win a playoff game or two here and there. Now here's the analogy.... He is the difference between fixing something to eat and preparing a meal. (He's the former)

Look beyond the nonsense that you're being fed about EB my friend!
Here's a list of OC's and assistants that have gotten HCing jobs after being OCs or assistants with Andy Reid.
1. Pat Shurmur
2. Doug Pederson
3. Matt Nagy
4. David Culley** (Assistant head coach & wide receivers coach)

It has been a long long cold NFL winter here in D.C. and for some that winning fire may have gotten lost in the stagnation, but rest assured, ya boy got you! (hate that broken English) I haven't forgotten and I noticed it immediately in EB. There are zero "IF" circumstances where Harris doesn't make this obvious (to me ) move. Rivera served his purpose and restored a sense of calm to the organization. Thank you Ron Rivera for doing that! Now that we've restored some sense of order it's time to upgrade and consider possibilities when it comes to a winning culture, changing attitudes and perspectives about the team and organization, and aspiring to more than average/mediocrity.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like pennix as well actually.
He is fast, mobile, accurate and elusive.
He should win the Heisman over Williams because he is just as good with far less support.
He is one hell of a marksman! My only concern about him is his health.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot measure what's fixed until you have the players that make it go. Right now the ONLY measuring rod that we have is based on players that Rivera and company drafted. The ONLY thing that we can do now is make the determination if his system works. With respect to Howell, or any other player in the league... we must always, always, always be looking to upgrade! I'm not sure if you'll be able to relate to the following analogy but Howell isn't the type! Yes, he can and probably will improve, he definitely has skills and moxie. He'll win plenty of games and may take the team into a few playoff appearances, maybe even win a playoff game or two here and there. Now here's the analogy.... He is the difference between fixing something to eat and preparing a meal. (He's the former)

Look beyond the nonsense that you're being fed about EB my friend!
Here's a list of OC's and assistants that have gotten HCing jobs after being OCs or assistants with Andy Reid.
1. Pat Shurmur
2. Doug Pederson
3. Matt Nagy
4. David Culley** (Assistant head coach & wide receivers coach)

It has been a long long cold NFL winter here in D.C. and for some that winning fire may have gotten lost in the stagnation, but rest assured, ya boy got you! (hate that broken English) I haven't forgotten and I noticed it immediately in EB. There are zero "IF" circumstances where Harris doesn't make this obvious (to me ) move. Rivera served his purpose and restored a sense of calm to the organization. Thank you Ron Rivera for doing that! Now that we've restored some sense of order it's time to upgrade and consider possibilities when it comes to a winning culture, changing attitudes and perspectives about the team and organization, and aspiring to more than average/mediocrity.

Let me ask you this. EB gets offered a HC when the season ends from the NFL?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this. EB gets offered a HC when the season ends from the NFL?
He'll be at the top of almost everyone's want list. He's already proven that he can put together an offensive structure. Sam Howell who few had real confidence in is performing better than anyone that I know imagined. BTW; that "No-nonsense" style that you spoke of is what paid performers and people who hire them thrive in. I hire you to do a job, you take that job seriously and as if your ass is on the line daily. What's not to love about that kind of potential HC?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be at the top of almost everyone's want list. He's already proven that he can put together an offensive structure. Sam Howell who few had real confidence in is performing better than anyone that I know imagined. BTW; that "No-nonsense" style that you spoke of is what paid performers and people who hire them thrive in. I hire you to do a job, you take that job seriously and as if your ass is on the line daily. What's not to love about that kind of potential HC?
The Bears will be all over him. There fanbase is already talking about it.
Not saying that fans run their organization, but I find it interesting.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears will be all over him. There fanbase is already talking about it.
Not saying that fans run their organization, but I find it interesting.
Good point and there are mumblings within the L.A. Chargers fanbase.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to talk blank checks…,mine goes to EB.
Absolutely spot on sir!
Contrary to popular perspective, cultural change didn't happen under Rivera, EB bought it to Washington and they complained about it!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think so too, especially if the offense succeeds. its going to be interesting

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I remember when the Seahawks beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl because 2 yard plays are gimmees...
Yep. It's so much easier to go out to the back yard. And pull a 75 yard TD drive off the 75 yard TD drive tree.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like Sweat is gone.