• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles pick up 5th year option on Fletcher Cox contract

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should put to bed the Eagles trading him for Mariota. They wouldn't have picked this up if they were trading him, they would have let the next team decide if they wanted to pick it up or not.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be some dispute on whether this would actually deter them from trading him, or just make it so that his new team would have him for longer before needing to re-sign him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That adds value to him as a trade piece, if that was possible. But beastly linemen usually don't get traded because it's stupid to get rid of one when you have him.

It certainly doesn't hurt his trade value. It's truly unrelated to a trade. It's even different people inside the organization making the decisions.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be some dispute on whether this would actually deter them from trading him, or just make it so that his new team would have him for longer before needing to re-sign him.

I don't think there is any dispute, the decision didn't have to happen until May 3rd, if they intended to trade Cox why would they make the decision? that would be a decision for the new team. Never thought they would trade him anyhow, that was just non sense talk.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any dispute, the decision didn't have to happen until May 3rd, if they intended to trade Cox why would they make the decision? that would be a decision for the new team. Never thought they would trade him anyhow, that was just non sense talk.

They're going to be pretty busy about that time. Why not do it now? There is zero downside to doing it now.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... if it was true that Billy Davis refused to change up his scheme, then Fletcher should be All Pro. How many CBs (if this were true) ...would only give up 3 passes to Dez while being matched up with him all game in single coverage without help? BTW, you had poor DB & QB play last year .. .new players and position coaches... you want to play the blame game as to how much each was to blame, I could care less. That's a waste of time, neither were good enough here. If they have success elsewhere, that's great, they all needed to "bust a move" as you say.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... if it was true that Billy Davis refused to change up his scheme, then Fletcher should be All Pro. How many CBs (if this were true) ...would only give up 3 passes to Dez while being matched up with him all game in single coverage without help? BTW, you had poor DB & QB play last year .. .new players and position coaches... you want to play the blame game as to how much each was to blame, I could care less. That's a waste of time, neither were good enough here. If they have success elsewhere, that's great, they all needed to "bust a move" as you say.

Bradley Fletcher sucked! The Eagles picked up 5th year option for Fletcher Cox who is really good. Not sure what you saw all year but Bradley Fleeter was not good. Scheme or not he needed to be replaced.

petemily

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say in 2013 Thorton was right there with Cox...maybe even a bit better. Last season Cox played more up to his level. Thorton has been training boxing this summer to improve his footwork. The goal for him is to improve his pass rush. They bring in Curry for more of a pure pass rusher though. Logan is young. He took a very nice step forward last season. This is a big season for him to show what all-around-skills he possesses. He moves pretty well. I think he has another level in his game. Bair flashed last preseason. When it came time to play in the regular season against the big boys you could see he just doesn't have enough. Seems like a hard worker and all that but just not talented enough. A step slow on everything (reads, pass rush, change of direction, chasing plays down).

So I'm right there with you on Hart needing to make a huge jump. This is Philly! When the Dline is disrupting offenses we feast!