• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles at Rams

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks game was a bit of a wake up call to get the team re-focused. Too much shoddy play on the defensive side and even though we were able to move the ball on Offense, we shot ourselves in the foot with the huge fumble and untimely penalties. This week we need to get the mojo back and respect for beating a really good team in the Rams. The Rams opened up as favorites at home ... we have to go in focused and ready to work! The coaching staff needs to also stay on their toes at all times ... not challenging the forward lateral was critical. You can't have a lapse in concentration like that ...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here here to the wake up call!

Now...I am not giving the defensive talent a pass, per se. I just felt that was more the Seahawks taking us off their game, no adjustments coming to counter it....and a lot of our guys left in the wrong position to succeed....leading to penalties and poor results like we saw.

I think this one lies more on the coaching staff than any other game this year. With two relatively new coaching staffs running pretty nice talent pools this is going to be all about the chess match....the game plans....the adjustments....the right clock management and challenge decisions. While it is entirely possible both coaching staffs pull off perfect execution and this turns out to be some amazingly close, down to the wire game....it is more likely one of these relatively new staffs will buckle and really help hand over the game.

May that be their team buckling this time around!!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident that we will play our A game. I think we win by 10 or more points.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are terrible against the run.

27th in rushing yards against.
30th in yards per carry.
They've given up the 4th most TDs.

We need to pound it. 15+ for Ajayi, 15+ for Blount.

Why do I feel like we are going to get these two west coast gameplans backwards?

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are terrible against the run.

27th in rushing yards against.
30th in yards per carry.
They've given up the 4th most TDs.

We need to pound it. 15+ for Ajayi, 15+ for Blount.

Why do I feel like we are going to get these two west coast gameplans backwards?

This. Eagles tend to do well against teams that are poor against the run. I am hoping for a replay of the falcons game last year. That one was a beut all around. And held the falcons to season low in points at the time, maybe for season.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is a top 3 QB in this league and arguably the hardest QB in the league to prepare for due to his ability to get out of the pocket and create plays on the fly. You can play perfect D on him and he can still keep plays alive and burn you will play-ground type stuff ... keeping plays alive well after most QB's would be forced to unload it. Goff, while a good young QB like Wentz, is not going to play controlled chaos like Goff making it easier to stick with assignments on D. Both Defenses are similar and it will come down to which O plays the better game ... I think Wentz will have a bounce back game and we come out on top.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Rey. I think they should have had a controlled rush ( mush rush). He made our DL look silly, and we had too many missed tackles. This is the week for a hearty rush, and get abut 6 sacks. With Robert Woods missing the game, we should cover the WR's very well. Darby should cover Watkins, I would think.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Rams game is a HUGE game fellas. A loss and we will be in 3rd (no bye). A win puts us at 2 games up with tie break advantage with only 3 left.

Huuuuuge game fellas. HUGE!

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Rams game is a HUGE game fellas. A loss and we will be in 3rd (no bye).

Unless the Vikings also lose. Then, the Eagles move back into the #1 seed.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a simple plan. Turn the offense loose in the 1st half. Let Wentz go long as if they were playing
from behind.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confident that we will play our A game. I think we win by 10 or more points.
Didn't you predict something similar last week? I do think the Eagles will rebound, but not sure about winning by more than 10.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you predict something similar last week? I do think the Eagles will rebound, but not sure about winning by more than 10.

Sure did. The Eagles beat the Eagles, and I think that won't happen again.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the rebound game. I think last week was the clunker that they were due for. Plus, this won't be the hostile environment that they saw in Seattle. Fox was sending out casting calls to try and get Rams "fans" to the stadium for the pregame show today.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the rebound game. I think last week was the clunker that they were due for. Plus, this won't be the hostile environment that they saw in Seattle. Fox was sending out casting calls to try and get Rams "fans" to the stadium for the pregame show today.

Agreed on the rebound game. Understatement on the hostile environment. This will be so far away from Seattle. While a lot of factors played into that clunker last week, I think they were grossly unprepared for that stadium. It's very much an offense that runs on communication for playcall adjustments and cadence. They won't have those issues today.

This is still a very tough and dangerous team in the Rams. While the win is critical and needed to (likely) keep pace on top seed....the only way I walk away furious this evening is if they looks like a bunch of idiots out there again.

Give me a win for sure....but if not give me a hard fought loss to take to East Rutherford next week.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the rebound game. Understatement on the hostile environment. This will be so far away from Seattle. While a lot of factors played into that clunker last week, I think they were grossly unprepared for that stadium. It's very much an offense that runs on communication for playcall adjustments and cadence. They won't have those issues today.

This is still a very tough and dangerous team in the Rams. While the win is critical and needed to (likely) keep pace on top seed....the only way I walk away furious this evening is if they looks like a bunch of idiots out there again.

Give me a win for sure....but if not give me a hard fought loss to take to East Rutherford next week.

I'd take an ugly win...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take an ugly win...

Ha. Good call. Somehow I left that option out. Yes, I will take an ugly win as well, though I would worry more if it's ugly for the rest of the week.

Being an Eagles fan I'm just not accustomed to worrying constantly....

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see espn now shows the Eagles as a one point favorite.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start
This team is gonna lose big today.