• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like Team Defense to be changed to whatever people feel makes it a valuable position.

I'd rather not have a starting spot that's deemed stream worthy. Not when I'm required to have one anyway. Would've made the playoffs if I had taken a zero at that spot all year. Only impact it had on the outcome was in me taking a loss on account of negative scoring.

whatever works for everyone works for me though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to throw out a proposal later tonight.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like Team Defense to be changed to whatever people feel makes it a valuable position.

I'd rather not have a starting spot that's deemed stream worthy. Not when I'm required to have one anyway. Would've made the playoffs if I had taken a zero at that spot all year. Only impact it had on the outcome was in me taking a loss on account of negative scoring.

whatever works for everyone works for me though.

Well said Smitty. When you are better off leaving a team in that is on a bye than guessing which team to pick up there's definitely a problem. LOL.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Smitty. When you are better off leaving a team in that is on a bye than guessing which team to pick up there's definitely a problem. LOL.
The specifics won't matter to me so long as the changes can create an increase in value.

Also a chance im just bad at guessing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at starting positions, my defense put up the third highest total FF points. Behind my QB and RB1. Maybe I was just lucky IDK, or maybe the rest of my starters really sucked. That may be it.:lol:

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.... it is a little milkian... but i am keeping it very simple

8 points for shutout
3 points from 1-15 points scored against
-3 points for 35 or more points scored against
0 points for 16 to 34 points scored against

2 points for blocked kick and punt
2 points for sack
3 points for any TO(Fumble or interception)

3 points for a TD from a TO

6 points for a kick or punt return TD

2 points for a safety

2 points for a win

the ability of negative points has to stay, because there is the ability for all other positions to get negative points...
but it needs to be easy to get to positive numbers... 2 sacks or 1 TO gets you to be at least 0...

any questions before you want to just laugh at me??

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blockbuster deal

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.... it is a little milkian... but i am keeping it very simple

8 points for shutout
3 points from 1-15 points scored against
-3 points for 35 or more points scored against
0 points for 16 to 34 points scored against

2 points for blocked kick and punt
2 points for sack
3 points for any TO(Fumble or interception)

3 points for a TD from a TO

6 points for a kick or punt return TD

2 points for a safety

2 points for a win

the ability of negative points has to stay, because there is the ability for all other positions to get negative points...
but it needs to be easy to get to positive numbers... 2 sacks or 1 TO gets you to be at least 0...

any questions before you want to just laugh at me??
well I ain't gonna laugh at you. From your POV, that's a perfectly rationale system. My question, however, and this relates to your previous post, is why you're of the opinion D's shouldn't score more than 16? That's the part I don't understand, and without that, everything built from that foundation comes off as, to me, unagreeable.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I ain't gonna laugh at you. From your POV, that's a perfectly rationale system. My question, however, and this relates to your previous post, is why you're of the opinion D's shouldn't score more than 16? That's the part I don't understand, and without that, everything built from that foundation comes off as, to me, unagreeable.

i didn't say they cant score more than 16... just that 16 is 100 Yds + TD for WR/RB.. which is very good... but often is bettered... a GREAT defensive outing should be more than 16 too... but i dont want an average defensive game to be equal more than an average WR/RB...

If you look at it, its still possible to be over 16... its just very hard... but it is also very hard to be a negative.... which is more important IMO... still needs to be a possibility though...

and we need to keep the differential down too... just like in every other position

Last edited:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good doing buissness @Ram Tough

Smitty sends:
Jordy Nelson
Pick1

Ram sends:
Kennan Allen
Kareem Hunt

I really like that deal for you Smitty. You gave up the potential of one great player for two already great players in return. So you've now turned 3 of the first four picks into Jordan Howard, Keenan Allen, and Kareem Hunt and you still have the #2 pick. I'd say that's a pretty successful off-season. Plus Howard is 23, Hunt is 22 and Allen is 25. Your lineup looks absolutely unstoppable right now. I am highly impressed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like that deal for you Smitty. You gave up the potential of one great player for two already great players in return. So you've now turned 3 of the first four picks into Jordan Howard, Keenan Allen, and Kareem Hunt and you still have the #2 pick. I'd say that's a pretty successful off-season. Plus Howard is 23, Hunt is 22 and Allen is 25. Your lineup looks absolutely unstoppable right now. I am highly impressed.
Thanks Bandit, I appreciate that.

Wheeling and dealing has been so far this offseason.

Two years in a row I've went for Gurley. And got nowhere. Lol. Feel really good about my depth at RB and WR now though for sure. But my receivers come with an injury concern.

Jordy does too. But I paid TKO pretty well for him. Receivers never seem to stick on my squad long. Lol