• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwightmare the Remix...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he went to Houston, Lakers fans said this would happen and that we were glad he was gone. We were told that we were just butthurt because he left.

And here we are, with those predictions proven true. It's a good thing we all have more class than to say:

View attachment 65505
I actually thought he was a better fit in Houston to be honest. I know the Lakers wanted to keep him, but at the point I felt it was time to blow up the entire team and start the rebuilding process then.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? maybe getting a lottery pick is better than making the playoffs?

In some cases, it is. As I said, with Dwight, the Lakers would be stuck in 5-8 seed hell. Good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to win a title. They wouldn't be able to improve through the draft and wouldn't have the cap space to improve via free agency or the assets to improve via trade.

It sucks watching them lose, but they have 3 young players who look like they are going to be really good and if they continue to improve, they should be attractive to a top tier FA or 2. Essentially, it's what Cleveland did. They got some lottery luck and some assets, that got Lebron to return and gave them the ability to trade for Love and they ended up in the finals the season after being in the lottery.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone saying kn twitter that Dwight to Atlanta I'd a done deal lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While acknowledging Howard is unhappy with losing, sources said Howard has not expressed a desire to be traded.

Howard has a player option for next season at $23.2 million. The team expects him to become a free agent, taking advantage of a salary cap that is projected to expand from $67 million to nearly $90 million.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bashing of Dwight's game is absurd.
Bash him as a person...but his game is still very strong.

He is a jackass. Whiteside is a jackass.
Cousins is even a bigger jackass than both of them put together while never sniffing a playoff berth.

But, Dwight has great basketball skills.
It is ridiculous to pretend he is not a great player...even with a diminished role in Houston.

Both Orlando and LA became dumpster fires without him now.
Both of those teams would have been playoff teams had Dwight stuck around.

He has not been elite since he left Orlando and his back ain't getting any better.

How mAny games has he missed since he signed with the Rockets?

Pass....especially since he still thinks he's a max player and a #1option.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he went to Houston, Lakers fans said this would happen and that we were glad he was gone. We were told that we were just butthurt because he left.

And here we are, with those predictions proven true. It's a good thing we all have more class than to say:

View attachment 65505

No, seriously.....

I'm not sure why this is so unbelievable.

I was one of the first to jump all in Lakers fans shit when he skedaddled.

But, hindsight is 20/20.

Anyone under the notion that the Magic are not better off with Vuvecic, Harris, Fournier, Olidipo, Payton can't see the forest for the trees.

Anyone who thinks the Lakers would be better off with an oft-injured, malcontent instead of their picks is simply hating.

They should have tried to get a pick or player in a sign and trade.

But...clearly, the saying " sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't do " applies in this situation.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Sheridan is full of shit just like I said on Tuesday.

Rockets' Howard not seeking trade, sources say

While acknowledging Howard is unhappy with losing, sources said Howard has not expressed a desire to be traded.

Howard has a player option for next season at $23.2 million. The team expects him to become a free agent, taking advantage of a salary cap that is projected to expand from $67 million to nearly $90 million.

I'm not sure how Houston and Dwight claiming he hasn't demanded a trade proves anything. First of all, it would be stupid to say he is demanding a trade, especially for Houston, because it lowers the price they can get for him. It's like when Shaq demanded his trade. Everyone knew Shaq wanted out, so the Heat got him for Lamar Odom and some spare parts off an old Volkswagen.

As Mecca pointed out, he still thinks he's a max guy and a #1 option (not sure he's really ever been either one) which is going to make him even less desirable because he's likely to go to a new team and pull the same crap.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, seriously.....

I'm not sure why this is so unbelievable.

I was one of the first to jump all in Lakers fans shit when he skedaddled.

But, hindsight is 20/20.

Anyone under the notion that the Magic are not better off with Vuvecic, Harris, Fournier, Olidipo, Payton can't see the forest for the trees.

Anyone who thinks the Lakers would be better off with an oft-injured, malcontent instead of their picks is simply hating.

They should have tried to get a pick or player in a sign and trade.

But...clearly, the saying " sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't do " applies in this situation.

100% spot on. I agree that the Lakers should have tried to trade him, but the problem was that teams weren't going to part with much for a guy that everyone knew wanted out and that they could pick up in FA without giving up picks or players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lakers, he was asked to do more, with less.

If by less, you mean with less space on offense to operate, I agree. If you mean less talent, I disagree. That team had Kobe, Pau Gasol and Nash.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Orlando and LA became dumpster fires without him now.
Both of those teams would have been playoff teams had Dwight stuck around.

And as has been pointed out, at least as far as the Lakers, they would have been stuck in a position to never be good enough to make the finals and no way to improve the team around him.

Also, he's always been an elite defender and rebounder, but he's also been a malcontent and his offense, as far as go to moves, is below average at best.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% spot on. I agree that the Lakers should have tried to trade him, but the problem was that teams weren't going to part with much for a guy that everyone knew wanted out and that they could pick up in FA without giving up picks or players.

Yeah, they were offering Asik or Lin.

You ended up with Lin and a pick later so it worked out.

Nobody knew Terrance Jones would be so productive, when not hurt, and they weren't giving up Parsons.

It would have needed to be a 3rd Team involved.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as has been pointed out, at least as far as the Lakers, they would have been stuck in a position to never be good enough to make the finals and no way to improve the team around him.

Also, he's always been an elite defender and rebounder, but he's also been a malcontent and his offense, as far as go to moves, is below average at best.

How can he help you if he's not on the court?

He played 41 games last Season.

All his time off is why Harden duped us into believing he was actually competition for Currys mvp.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can he help you if he's not on the court?

He played 41 games last Season.

All his time off is why Harden duped us into believing he was actually competition for Currys mvp.

Yep, there's that too. Now, he's not only an attitude problem, he's an attitude problem with lingering injuries that are likely to cause issues for the rest of his career.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by less, you mean with less space on offense to operate, I agree. If you mean less talent, I disagree. That team had Kobe, Pau Gasol and Nash.

Backs generally don't get better.

I get that he needs all the cash he can get with his ever growing baby mama collection.

I think he is a Turd of a human being.

But, this is not personal.

He is not a guy that I would sign to a $20m deal for longer than 2 Seasons.

He has pulled this crap at all 3 of his destinations and now his body is failing.

Definition of Insanity :

Repeatedly doing the exact same thing, the exact same way and expecting a different outcome.

He isn't going to change.

Teams need to realize that and use caution.

Horford, Gasol, Whiteside will test his market value this summer.