• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwightmare the Remix...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard is extremely unhappy in Houston playing second fiddle to alpha dog James Harden, multiple league sources tell SheridanHoops.com. And with the Rockets underachieving more than any NBA team, look for them to try to move Howard later this season.

And the destination that makes the most sense is Miami in a trade centered around Hassan Whiteside.

image: http://i2.wp.com/www.sheridanhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Howard-Heat.jpg?resize=240,300

Howard-Heat.jpgIt makes so much sense, in fact, that I will go so far as to predict that Howard will be wearing a Miami Heat uniform by the end of February.

Read more at Sheridan: Dwight Howard Unhappy in Houston; Headed to Miami?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat are already in luxury tax realm aren't they? Seems like a bad idea to take a guy making less than $1M and replacing him with someone making $23M.

Next year they would have about $70M invested in 6 guys, not including Wade. Cap will go up, but enough to take his salary on?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would take Miami out of the Durant race wouldn't it?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Whiteside is not my issue but trading your top 2 perimeter defenders and being extremely weak at the SF position would be pretty dumb. On top of that this is not Dwight from 5 years ago. He is 30+, out of his prime, and has back problems.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a terrible trade for Miami. I hope they're not that dumb

Does he think he will take precedence over Bosh and Wade?

This Dude is delusional...lol

He better go to the 76ers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat are already in luxury tax realm aren't they? Seems like a bad idea to take a guy making less than $1M and replacing him with someone making $23M.

Next year they would have about $70M invested in 6 guys, not including Wade. Cap will go up, but enough to take his salary on?

Well, they might lose Whiteside.

But, I would not touch Howard's contract.

I think he will end up in Dallas...

Maybe the Nets for Lopez?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll go to the Pelicans. Not sure if it'll be a straight up deal, they may need to bring in another team to make it work. Ryan Anderson is the Pelicans biggest trade chip and he's also on an expiring deal. Only problem is they'd have to unload Asik to make the deal work and his deal looks horrendous right now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll go to the Pelicans. Not sure if it'll be a straight up deal, they may need to bring in another team to make it work. Ryan Anderson is the Pelicans biggest trade chip and he's also on an expiring deal. Only problem is they'd have to unload Asik to make the deal work and his deal looks horrendous right now.

Asik gets done dirty for Howard again?

Lol

Maybe Houston bites.

They did give him that poison pill deal.

I like it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asik gets done dirty for Howard again?

Lol

Maybe Houston bites.

They did give him that poison pill deal.

I like it.

Could be, but Asik, if anything would be going to a situation where he might be of use. In Gentry's system he's been relegated to spot duty/low backup minutes. He'll still be getting paid, but might have more use on another team.

The Pelicans are one of the only teams that make sense for them to acquire a player like Howard. Young and upcoming teams like Minnesota or Orlando won't want the distraction. There aren't many contenders out there than can put together a deal for him without interrupting their core. But mostly lots of teams don't have the workable parts to put together a trade for him.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Harden and Kobe Bryant deserve some blame too.
They are selfish ballhogs who ignored the best big man of this era.

Dominant Kobe had an argument to do so if Dwight was on the team in 2008.
But aging Kobe should have shared the ball a little more.....and Harden is an idiot for hogging the ball.

I could actually see guys like D-Wade and Bosh sacrificing their numbers to win games through Dwight.
Bosh would especially make a sacrafice. Wade would do as well a little more reluctantly.

As much as Dwight is an asswipe, he does have a point.

But then again, FUCK HIM.
He is a selfish asshole. He deserves other selfish players like Kobe and Harden.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Heat! Pick up the Dwightmare!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think one of the points was that Miami does not have Bird Rights on Whiteside. They won't be able to offer him a maximum contract which certainly other suitors will. I believe if they traded for Howard, they would get his Bird Rights and could resign while going over the cap.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But aging Kobe should have shared the ball a little more.....and Harden is an idiot for hogging the ball.

I could actually see guys like D-Wade and Bosh sacrificing their numbers to win games through Dwight.
Bosh would especially make a sacrafice. Wade would do as well a little more reluctantly.

He is a selfish asshole. He deserves other selfish players like Kobe and Harden.
Best big man??? You do realize he isn't even averaging double digit boards, right? My goodness there are some PFs with better stats. :L

I am thinking since he left Orlando disgruntled, left LA disgruntled and now Houston that maybe he's the problem? How many times can he point the finger else where when he's not willing to give full effort? Why should ANYONE make any kind of sacrifice for him to join the team when he's lazy most nights?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the points was that Miami does not have Bird Rights on Whiteside. They won't be able to offer him a maximum contract which certainly other suitors will. I believe if they traded for Howard, they would get his Bird Rights and could resign while going over the cap.
Well in most cases you would have a point, however we are talking about Howard which means if he signs a multi-year he'll want out before he's satisfied the contract and will try to force a trade by only playing 1 quarter a game instead of his usual 2 quarters.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard isnt a guy that will get you to the playoffs but he was absolutely the best player on the Rockets in the postseason the past two years.

The problem is that Howard isn't a game changer for 2nd tier teams because the top teams are just that much better

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe averaged 6.0 APG that season. His second best season. Kobe wasn't being a selfish chucker. You have to remember that the Lakers still had Gasol who was also getting his fair share of shot attempts. There were personality conflicts, but you can't blame Kobe's on court actions.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know how Miami can match salaries? Do they have $20 mil in trade filler contracts sitting on their bench?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this is comedy. Dwight knew full well, what he was getting into when he left LA for Houston. James Harden is one of the better players in the league, but is a ball stopper, and he wasn't about to change. However, the allure of a title was there, so Dwight went. James Harden could be less of a ball stopper, but he's the best player on that team, especially given that Dwight has been dealing with various injuries. If I were a Heat fan, I would hope that Pat Riley wouldn't even entertain this, as I would take a young, up and coming Whiteside, over a Dwight, who's on the way to getting up there in age, WHILE dealing with injuries