• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwightmare the Remix...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way - my take it is that no one should be willing to bail Houston out of trouble by taking Howard on. Let Houston remain stuck with Howard. This is sour grapes for Howard because he has suddenly realized that him and Harden are in the same position that Yao Ming and McGrady were in. Close, but no cigar and never will get any closer. Houston appears happy to win many games, make it to the playoffs and not make that final push for players needed to get a title

Hahaha,

a dozen teams are, RIGHT NOW, trying to figure out how to get Howard on their team. Derp

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much of a gamble and potential disaster as it would be.... it would honestly scare me as a Cavs fans to see Howard come to a solid Eastern Conference team like the Heat. Ditto for Cousins.

Reactions: DJ

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DWIGHT was the best big man of his era.

Admittedly, there was not a ton of big men in his era....The era was very thin at the centerman spot.
Shaq and Timmy were a little bit too old and their peaks did not overlap as much.
Yao Ming was too hurt.

I dont like the fucking idiot anymore than pissed off Laker fans like him.
But, he was a dominant force at the 5 position who took a bunch of stiffs to the Finals.

Yes he is a prima donna class A jerkoff.
But, He was the best defender and rebounder in the game who could still put 20 points on the offensive side as well in his prime and motivated.

I would do the deal if I was Miami.....maybe tweak it a bit, but he fits their style 100 times better than Houston.

Yeah, he was about 3 years ago.

Now?

I would take the following guys over him:

Cousins, Drummond, Vuvecic, Brook Lopez, Jordan, Gobert, Whiteside, Towns....

And I'm sure I missed one or two.

Reactions: LAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at Howard's stats vs Hardens and it's interesting because Howard at 30 years old clearly has slowed down some. His ppg, rebounds and assists have dropped while Hardens have increase. If Harden's rebounds and assists had taken a dip that was note worthy, I might agree that Howard is playing second fiddle as Harden's little bitch, but to me Harden is working his ass off and has complemented Howard's game and possibly made him look better then he actually is. I really doubt that Howard could carry Orlando the way he did five years ago, so while he is young - the late Dr Jerry Buss is worth quoting when he said "it stands to reason that when a player's game has dropped - he is worth less money - not more" - in that case he was talking about Shaq Oneal wanting 30 million a year instead of 20.

To be fair.....Howard is still shooting 58.3% (above his career average of 57.9%) but he's getting just 8 FGA's a game. Ironic because people call Kobe a ballhog and Howard got more attempts with Kobe. Howard's FTA are at a low as well.....just 5.4 per game, 2nd lowest of his career.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still a top 8-10 center, but no longer top 1-3.

I hope he's investing his $....those baby mama's are still going to want $ when he eventually retires. And the pay as an analyst/commentator (he'll be good at that with his personality) is a drastic drop to what he's getting accustomed to.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FALSE. They can give WHiteside a max (but they shouldn't)

If Hibbert wants more than 7-8 million (he probably will) I'd throw a max deal at Whiteside in a heartbeat. He's a rare trip-double (points, rebounds, and blocks) candidate.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have come to Dallas where Dirk was willing to take the backseat. Now I'm glad he didn't.
Exactly. If he had come to Dallas, with Dirk taking a big man away from the basket and all the other shooters Dallas has, Howard would have been in a perfect spot. I hope he goes to Miami

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hibbert wants more than 7-8 million (he probably will) I'd throw a max deal at Whiteside in a heartbeat. He's a rare trip-double (points, rebounds, and blocks) candidate.

I like Whiteside but he is not a max player.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside has 5 assists.....not 5 for the game.....5 assists in the entire season as a starter

Whiteside has some skills, but he is not even remotely close to a max player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside has 5 assists.....not 5 for the game.....5 assists in the entire season as a starter

Whiteside has some skills, but he is not even remotely close to a max player.

Nope. His post game isn't great either. I feel bad if a team pays him the max to be their 1st or 2nd option. At best he is a 3rd option. Great rebounder and shot blocker but offense needs a lot of work. Doesn't help that he is a head case either

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Harden and Kobe Bryant deserve some blame too.
They are selfish ballhogs who ignored the best big man of this era.

Dominant Kobe had an argument to do so if Dwight was on the team in 2008.
But aging Kobe should have shared the ball a little more.....and Harden is an idiot for hogging the ball.

I could actually see guys like D-Wade and Bosh sacrificing their numbers to win games through Dwight.
Bosh would especially make a sacrafice. Wade would do as well a little more reluctantly.

As much as Dwight is an asswipe, he does have a point.

But then again, FUCK HIM.
He is a selfish asshole. He deserves other selfish players like Kobe and Harden.

No he doesn't. Dwight's problem is that he thinks he's an alpha dog who can lead a team to a title and he's not. Instead, all he's done in his career is create problems on, now 3 different teams. You can try to defend him all you want, but when someone goes to 3 different places and has the same problem in all 3, he is the problem.

When he was with the Lakers, Kobe tried to work with him. He would have been stupid not to. Dwight was his last/best chance at catching MJ in total rings. The problem was that Dwight, with zero rings, thought he knew more about winning titles than a guy with 5 rings. He even said as much when he claimed that the problems between he and Kobe stemmed from "a difference in opinion on the best way to win."

With the Lakers, he had a 5 time champion who wanted to show him how to win a title and then turn over the keys to the car. Instead, Dwight thought he already knew how to drive, even though he didn't have a learners permit. He also had, arguably the greatest center ever to play the game offer to work with him and Dwight's response was basically, "I'm good."

I don't have any delusions about what kind of teammate Kobe is either. I know he's an asshole and not every player can take playing with him, but in this instance, Dwight was the issue, not Kobe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he went to Houston, Lakers fans said this would happen and that we were glad he was gone. We were told that we were just butthurt because he left.

And here we are, with those predictions proven true. It's a good thing we all have more class than to say:

is?bu_xbRfYCFrT8cowtF6ZNmDNBuu0vkdzMh7ygG-rii8&height=248.jpg

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he went to Houston, Lakers fans said this would happen and that we were glad he was gone. We were told that we were just butthurt because he left.

And here we are, with those predictions proven true. It's a good thing we all have more class than to say:

View attachment 65505

ummm, your Lakers got worse when he left.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm, your Lakers got worse when he left.

True. However, having Dwight, with his attitude would have put us in 5-8 seed hell. Not good enough to win a title, not bad enough to get better via high draft picks. It sucks watching the team lose, but I'd rather do that knowing we can improve every year than to be stuck making the playoffs every year, but never really having a shot at a title.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAndre Jordan
No he doesn't. Dwight's problem is that he thinks he's an alpha dog who can lead a team to a title and he's not. Instead, all he's done in his career is create problems on, now 3 different teams. You can try to defend him all you want, but when someone goes to 3 different places and has the same problem in all 3, he is the problem.

When he was with the Lakers, Kobe tried to work with him. He would have been stupid not to. Dwight was his last/best chance at catching MJ in total rings. The problem was that Dwight, with zero rings, thought he knew more about winning titles than a guy with 5 rings. He even said as much when he claimed that the problems between he and Kobe stemmed from "a difference in opinion on the best way to win."

With the Lakers, he had a 5 time champion who wanted to show him how to win a title and then turn over the keys to the car. Instead, Dwight thought he already knew how to drive, even though he didn't have a learners permit. He also had, arguably the greatest center ever to play the game offer to work with him and Dwight's response was basically, "I'm good."

I don't have any delusions about what kind of teammate Kobe is either. I know he's an asshole and not every player can take playing with him, but in this instance, Dwight was the issue, not Kobe.

You summarized it perfectly.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 65505

Pretty much, he'a male diva.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no problems with Dwight...but he isn't going to win the battle of public perception this time around. He didn't really win it in Orlando, but Stan Van Gundy/the situation in Orlando was an easy scapegoat, Kobe/LA was an easy scapegoat...but the mvp runner up(even if he's a ball stopper) won't be scapegoated if he jumps or gets traded to another team

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Hibbert knows his role. Play defense and rebound, he doesn't bitch about FGA's.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rocket fan run Twitter so take it for what you will.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. However, having Dwight, with his attitude would have put us in 5-8 seed hell. Not good enough to win a title, not bad enough to get better via high draft picks. It sucks watching the team lose, but I'd rather do that knowing we can improve every year than to be stuck making the playoffs every year, but never really having a shot at a title.

what? maybe getting a lottery pick is better than making the playoffs?