• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwightmare the Remix...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backs generally don't get better.

I get that he needs all the cash he can get with his ever growing baby mama collection.

I think he is a Turd of a human being.

But, this is not personal.

He is not a guy that I would sign to a $20m deal for longer than 2 Seasons.

He has pulled this crap at all 3 of his destinations and now his body is failing.

Definition of Insanity :

Repeatedly doing the exact same thing, the exact same way and expecting a different outcome.

He isn't going to change.

Teams need to realize that and use caution.

Horford, Gasol, Whiteside will test his market value this summer.

Agreed. I'd take any of those guys over Howard at this point.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shame in all of Dwight's time in LA/Houston, is that he still hasn't developed an expansive post game after working with Kareem, Kevin Mchale, AND Hakeem Olajuwon. He still has some athleticism, but that's going to go away at some point, and he'll need to be able to score in other ways

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by less, you mean with less space on offense to operate, I agree. If you mean less talent, I disagree. That team had Kobe, Pau Gasol and Nash.

Less as in less opportunity with the ball in his hands. He did get his touches, but not nearly as many as he had in Orlando, and understandably with Kobe and Pau. He went from being the Alpha, to pretty much 3rd option in a heartbeat.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less as in less opportunity with the ball in his hands. He did get his touches, but not nearly as many as he had in Orlando, and understandably with Kobe and Pau. He went from being the Alpha, to pretty much 3rd option in a heartbeat.

And that was the problem, he wanted his and thought the Lakers were going to be "his team" even though they had guys like Kobe and Pau who had multiple rings. He was never going to be the alpha as long as Kobe was on the team and that's how it should have been.

That's why Pau fit in so seamlessly when the Lakers got him. He had been "the man" in Memphis, but never got out of the first round. He teamed up with Kobe and got 3 trips to the finals and 2 rings. If Dwight had come in and worked to fit in, he and Pau could have been a pretty devastating combo at the 4-5 spots, especially with Pau's ability to pass.

Reactions: DJ

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard is extremely unhappy in Houston playing second fiddle to alpha dog James Harden, multiple league sources tell SheridanHoops.com. And with the Rockets underachieving more than any NBA team, look for them to try to move Howard later this season.

And the destination that makes the most sense is Miami in a trade centered around Hassan Whiteside.

image: http://i2.wp.com/www.sheridanhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Howard-Heat.jpg?resize=240,300

View attachment 65122It makes so much sense, in fact, that I will go so far as to predict that Howard will be wearing a Miami Heat uniform by the end of February.

Read more at Sheridan: Dwight Howard Unhappy in Houston; Headed to Miami?

ahhh, that's our D12...

gotta love this guy's ego and sense of commitment...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was the problem, he wanted his and thought the Lakers were going to be "his team" even though they had guys like Kobe and Pau who had multiple rings. He was never going to be the alpha as long as Kobe was on the team and that's how it should have been.

That's why Pau fit in so seamlessly when the Lakers got him. He had been "the man" in Memphis, but never got out of the first round. He teamed up with Kobe and got 3 trips to the finals and 2 rings. If Dwight had come in and worked to fit in, he and Pau could have been a pretty devastating combo at the 4-5 spots, especially with Pau's ability to pass.

Yeah and that will always be Dwight's problem on any team he joins for the rest of his career. He's going to be the second option at best. So no matter what team he's on, he's not going to have the right mindset to succeed unless he's able to accept his secondary role.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in order to justify taking possessions away from Kobe and then Pau you would have to be a proven offsensive weapon - which he is not. This all goes back to his work ethic and accountability of making himself better- thus putting him the position to be the focal point of any offense.

In Orlando he worked well in the offense because they didn't have another "franchise" player to defer to. He was the best they had and so putting shooters around a then healthy Howard made sense. More recently he's played on teams that already have their franchise player and his role was to be a nice complimentary piece to that. A concept he's yet to grasp. Further proof of that is that Houston team has pretty much been in the same seeding position after he joined as they were before he got there.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Orlando he worked well in the offense because they didn't have another "franchise" player to defer to. He was the best they had and so putting shooters around a then healthy Howard made sense. More recently he's played on teams that already have their franchise player and his role was to be a nice complimentary piece to that. A concept he's yet to grasp. Further proof of that is that Houston team has pretty much been in the same seeding position after he joined as they were before he got there.

I agree but his post offense has really fallen off in the last 6 years. In 2009 vs. the Cavs, Z couldn't guard him. (and 3 point shooters burned them whenever they gave help) It made the Cavs (and later the Celtics) pickup Shaq just to guard Dwight -- both were really bad moves.

It is hard to remember how good people thought Dwight was at that time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but his post offense has really fallen off in the last 6 years. In 2009 vs. the Cavs, Z couldn't guard him. (and 3 point shooters burned them whenever they gave help) It made the Cavs (and later the Celtics) pickup Shaq just to guard Dwight -- both were really bad moves.

It is hard to remember how good people thought Dwight was at that time.

His offense has fallen off because his entire offensive game was based on him being stronger than everyone and being very athletic. He's never had any true post moves. That's why, as he's gotten older and can't rely on his athleticism anymore, he can't dominate like he used to. At least not nearly as consistently.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harden and Howard are both nice players but neither are enough in the current NBA.

James Hardens +/- in the West Finals last year against GSW:

G1: -3 (Howard -4)
G2: +12 (Howard +4)
G3: -31 (Howard -16)
G4: +21 (Howard +19)
G5: -4 (Howard -7)

Overall: Harden -5, Howard -4. So about the same with neither being able to fully keep pace with GSW.

Clippers
G1: -22 (-17)
G2: +14 (-1)
G3: -16 (-10)
G4: -18 (-28)
G5: +23 (+7)
G6: -21 (+15)
G7: +23 (+7)

So really only two games where Howard took over in 2 series and sucked 2 times. Harden took over 4 times but sucked 5 times. Neither is a top dog when facing the top talent in the current NBA.

You don't get anything out of just +/- alone, just my opinion.

DWIGHT was the best big man of his era.

Admittedly, there was not a ton of big men in his era....The era was very thin at the centerman spot.
Shaq and Timmy were a little bit too old and their peaks did not overlap as much.
Yao Ming was too hurt.

I dont like the fucking idiot anymore than pissed off Laker fans like him.
But, he was a dominant force at the 5 position who took a bunch of stiffs to the Finals.

Yes he is a prima donna class A jerkoff.
But, He was the best defender and rebounder in the game who could still put 20 points on the offensive side as well in his prime and motivated.

I would do the deal if I was Miami.....maybe tweak it a bit, but he fits their style 100 times better than Houston.

Dwight isn't a number 1 option though, he's not capable of getting you 25 points a night on offense. A guy like Demarcus Cousins is capable of being a number 1 option, he might not be as good on defense but you will never win a championship with Dwight as your #1, it will never happen.

Also pretty misleading to say he took a bunch of stiffs to the Finals, they got past the Celtics big 3 in their prime. He had a bunch of knock down shooters that complimented him perfectly. Just because Kobe and the Lakers whooped their azz doesn't mean they were a bunch of bums.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DWIGHT was the best big man of his era.

Admittedly, there was not a ton of big men in his era....The era was very thin at the centerman spot.
Shaq and Timmy were a little bit too old and their peaks did not overlap as much.
Yao Ming was too hurt.

I dont like the fucking idiot anymore than pissed off Laker fans like him.
But, he was a dominant force at the 5 position who took a bunch of stiffs to the Finals.

Yes he is a prima donna class A jerkoff.
But, He was the best defender and rebounder in the game who could still put 20 points on the offensive side as well in his prime and motivated.

I would do the deal if I was Miami.....maybe tweak it a bit, but he fits their style 100 times better than Houston.

You keep saying stuff like "in his era" and "in his prime", you realize this guy was 29 years old just a few weeks ago right? This is his era, what you see is his prime. So you're telling me Dwight this year averaging 12 and 11 is better than Demarcus Cousins at 25 and 10? They both have a defensive rating of 104 and Houston is one of the absolute worst defensive teams in the league, so what exactly makes Dwight the best big man of this era. This is not hate it's just realism.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying stuff like "in his era" and "in his prime", you realize this guy was 29 years old just a few weeks ago right? This is his era, what you see is his prime. So you're telling me Dwight this year averaging 12 and 11 is better than Demarcus Cousins at 25 and 10? They both have a defensive rating of 104 and Houston is one of the absolute worst defensive teams in the league, so what exactly makes Dwight the best big man of this era. This is not hate it's just realism.

Highlights !!

This Dwight Howard 'lowlight reel' is a new level of NBA schadenfreude

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Historically, he's below Mourning....

Maybe in the Motumbo range?

I might be inclined to go with Dikembe due to quality of competition.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sick and tired of hearing about Cousins.
Cousins is equally as big a jerk AND far less wins on his career resume.

He is a free shooting, ball dominating, stat stuffer with a shitty attitude.
It is alway great to see your freaking big man shoot 42% and take a zillion shots.

His 35 % usage rate literally leads the league.
I am not sure we have ever had a usage leader miss the playoffs in history.

Just keep wildly chucking up 22 shots a game for a horrible team Cousins......
I have never seen a more highly regarded player be such a Jerk and play for bad teams.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:Hmmmm, Derrick Coleman comes to mind.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, seriously.....

I'm not sure why this is so unbelievable.

I was one of the first to jump all in Lakers fans shit when he skedaddled..

I forgive you.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a free shooting, ball dominating, stat stuffer with a shitty attitude.
It is alway great to see your freaking big man shoot 42% and take a zillion shots.

His 35 % usage rate literally leads the league.
I am not sure we have ever had a usage leader miss the playoffs in history.

It looks like Cousins is 3rd in NBA in usage. (32%) Westbrook leads with 35% -- then Lebron -- Cousins is just ahead of Harden & Curry.

Looking back in time usage leader was sometimes Iverson on bad teams ... and guys like McGrady & early Kobe on weak teams that made the playoffs. Later Lebron & Wade were leaders on pretty good teams.

Westbrook has been leading in this the last few years ... he & Durant was #1 and #2 one year -- surprising that is possible.

When teams like the Heat & Spurs won it -- they didn't have anyone in the top 3 or 4 spots. (even Lebron)

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His offense has fallen off because his entire offensive game was based on him being stronger than everyone and being very athletic. He's never had any true post moves. That's why, as he's gotten older and can't rely on his athleticism anymore, he can't dominate like he used to. At least not nearly as consistently.

Pretty much this. That back injury a few years ago has really hurt his athleticism.