• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwightmare the Remix...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he was about 3 years ago.

Now?

I would take the following guys over him:

Cousins, Drummond, Vuvecic, Brook Lopez, Jordan, Gobert, Whiteside, Towns....

And I'm sure I missed one or two.

Robert Sacre? :lol:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DWIGHT was the best big man of his era.

Admittedly, there was not a ton of big men in his era....The era was very thin at the centerman spot.
Shaq and Timmy were a little bit too old and their peaks did not overlap as much.
Yao Ming was too hurt.

I dont like the fucking idiot anymore than pissed off Laker fans like him.
But, he was a dominant force at the 5 position who took a bunch of stiffs to the Finals.

Yes he is a prima donna class A jerkoff.
But, He was the best defender and rebounder in the game who could still put 20 points on the offensive side as well in his prime and motivated.

I would do the deal if I was Miami.....maybe tweak it a bit, but he fits their style 100 times better than Houston.
I disagree. At this point he's had more average seasons (and in some cases bad seasons) than dominate ones. We have to count all of the seasons since he's still playing and not just the ones when he was in Orlando.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 points, 4 rebounds, and 1 block in 28 minutes last night.

Please keep this man away from my team. I can't remember the last time had shitty numbers like that. Even when Whiteside doesn't score he is at least rebounding and blocking shots.

I'll trade Whiteside for Cousins but not for Howard plus Cousins is younger than Whiteside
Like I said, he's lazy as all out doors.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make more sense for Howard to take less money to play in Dallas. Better class of city and more opportunity for him to be happy.

They said the same thing about him going to Houston...so much for that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside has 5 assists.....not 5 for the game.....5 assists in the entire season as a starter

Whiteside has some skills, but he is not even remotely close to a max player.
As a center should he have more assists? Or is his job to conentrate on blocking and rebounding?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a center should he have more assists? Or is his job to conentrate on blocking and rebounding?

5 assist is pretty low considering he played in all 23 games

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 assist is pretty low considering he played in all 23 games
I would definitely agree if his job was to assist. I just think there should be a grading curb in his case since he's a center and not a real ball handler. I don't know his stats off-hand, is his rebounding and blocking ok?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely agree if his job was to assist. I just think there should be a grading curb in his case since he's a center and not a real ball handler. I don't know his stats off-hand, is his rebounding and blocking ok?

They're good but he forces a lot when he gets doubled instead of passing it to the open man

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Howard has never been his talent. He's still arguably from a talent perspective a top 5 center. Howard's problem is that he doesn't know how to be integrated into a team when he's not the sole focal point. In Orlando he thrived because is was a 1 in, 4 out offense. They had Howard occupy the paint and had 4 shooters on the outside to space it for him. It gave Howard a ton of room to operate because defenders couldn't sag or double because they had every position covered with shooters.

With the Lakers, he was asked to do more, with less. He wasn't able to handle that. Same goes for Houston. Houston arguably has the best team where they can space 4 guys, but Howard still isn't the focal point of the offense because of Harden. What Howard doesn't realize is that his role with the Rockets (and similarly the Lakers) is the same role that will be asked of him on any new team he joins.

His effectiveness is tied to his willingness to be in a lesser role.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard is 30 years old and has started to degrade in performance the last couple of years. I don't want diminished Dwight Howard on this team, hell, I didn't want prime Dwight either. if the Heat were to manage to trade McRoberts, Whiteside, and Deng for Cousins, that would be the biggest steal of all-time.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bashing of Dwight's game is absurd.
Bash him as a person...but his game is still very strong.

He is a jackass. Whiteside is a jackass.
Cousins is even a bigger jackass than both of them put together while never sniffing a playoff berth.

But, Dwight has great basketball skills.
It is ridiculous to pretend he is not a great player...even with a diminished role in Houston.

Both Orlando and LA became dumpster fires without him now.
Both of those teams would have been playoff teams had Dwight stuck around.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cousins is even a bigger jackass than both of them put together while never sniffing a playoff berth.

It is ridiculous to pretend he is not a great player...even with a diminished role in Houston.

no dude. Whiteside is the biggest jackass BY FAR
dude- he was basically blackballed from the league for a term of years- and was playing in like the low level Lebaneese league or something when he finally got brought back to the NBA.

ON TOP OF THAT- in that same season where he is getting another last lifeline to play ball in the NBA- he ACTS A FOOL AGAIN!!!!

The only way Howard or Cousins could have been bigger clowns is if they ran themselves out of the league by having no work ethic and a huge ego before they accomplished ANYTHING at all. AT least Cousins and Howard have proved they will work for their money and play hard after they get their big contracts and can play high level ball for extended periods of time.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL just stop it. Kobe is the reason the Lakers made the playoffs when Howard was there for that one season. Matter of fact, I'm sure it was all those great basketball skills that got him ejected from the game in a series of which they didn't win a SINGLE game because he was the focal point on offense. Soime great player....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strong in what way? 12, 11, & less than 2 BPG is strong? Those are Timofey Mozgov numbers

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no dude. Whiteside is the biggest jackass BY FAR
dude- he was basically blackballed from the league for a term of years- and was playing in like the low level Lebaneese league or something when he finally got brought back to the NBA.

ON TOP OF THAT- in that same season where he is getting another last lifeline to play ball in the NBA- he ACTS A FOOL AGAIN!!!!

The only way Howard or Cousins could have been bigger clowns is if they ran themselves out of the league by having no work ethic and a huge ego before they accomplished ANYTHING at all. AT least Cousins and Howard have proved they will work for their money and play hard after they get their big contracts and can play high level ball for extended periods of time.

That avatar though....lol

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping my team doesn't pick up Howard, his best days are behind him.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, is it still McHale fault?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair.....Howard is still shooting 58.3% (above his career average of 57.9%) but he's getting just 8 FGA's a game. Ironic because people call Kobe a ballhog and Howard got more attempts with Kobe. Howard's FTA are at a low as well.....just 5.4 per game, 2nd lowest of his career.
He's a good player, but I think Shaq Oneal had a point that he would have been better as forward. I just think that if he the two players instead of just Harden, he would have been well served. The problem is He has never given me the impression he is willing to do anything it takes to win titles and that's what it takes