• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? Why wouldn't he want to play with guys that gives him the best chance to win? Isn't that why LBJ rode the boat to Miami????
Get back to the jokes & stop hating.

It has nothing to do with Lebron. Lebron had nothing in Cleveland, he was the TEAM. He didn't go to a great team, he helped make that team great. Now KD had a lot of help and top 5 player. They are up 3-1 against this team and he bolts to the already greatest team. I have always liked KD and always will, stand up guy, but this move makes him weak and I think anyone can agree on that.
For once Stephen A is right. ONCE. "The weakest move by a superstar ever"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of pathetic though

This has been by far the most challenging few weeks in my professional life. I understood cognitively that I was facing a crossroads in my evolution as a player and as a man, and that it came with exceptionally difficult choices. What I didn’t truly understand, however, was the range of emotions I would feel during this process.

My Next Chapter | By Kevin Durant

Yeah, tough choice Kevin. Which of just about any NBA city of your choice do you feel like playing for at max money? Wish I had your tough choices. I'd wish they'd just sign and move on instead of trying to justify the crap. We get it, you play basketball for money and you're going to do what you feel like doing. Just don't pretend it's some gut wrenching decision when you know whatever move you make you're going to be 40+ mill richer.

In general, paycuts don't mean much bc they are still making obscene amount of money. He got $27 mil. People saying he took less to win is pretty much bs. He didn't do what Wade, Lebron or Bosh did. They each took $15 mil less over the life of their contract.

I feel so sorry for KD. He is making $27 mil, playing with a top 3 player, an all-time great team. Life is hard for Durantula.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is truly interesting, is that the same people who are calling Durant "weak" for joining the Warriors, also claim that the Warriors are overrated and that the Cavs have the blueprint to beat them.

You can't have it both ways guys. You can't say the Warriors were overrated, and then criticize KD for joining the "obvious title favorites".

They are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

I think overrated is used differently in this context bc they, themselves were saying they were the greatest team ever and many people were as well. So overrated just means they weren't the best ever, they are still the most talented team in the NBA, no doubt. So it really isn't taking both sides bc KD still joined the best team in the NBA, just not the best team ever---could be now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is full of weak players. They need a hard cap. End this madness. Its so pointless to watch the NBA. U know who will be in the Finals every year.

IDK if the players are weak, but the shift to small ball and away from solid low post play has hurt the game imo.

As far as player movement...I might not like the moves (like this one), but I support the players right to play whereever they want (for whatever reason) once they've earned FA rights.

I'm not certain GS will get back to the finals, imo they needed stronger rebounding and low post DEF/rim protector, but they added another scorer...anyway, they got 82 to figure it out.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with Lebron. Lebron had nothing in Cleveland, he was the TEAM. He didn't go to a great team, he helped make that team great. Now KD had a lot of help and top 5 player. They are up 3-1 against this team and he bolts to the already greatest team. I have always liked KD and always will, stand up guy, but this move makes him weak and I think anyone can agree on that.

Yes and he was on a team poised and loaded to win the Championship, he couldn't finish it. In my opinion, he ran from the challenge and took the easy option. I don't think he's going to like not being the superstar there. If he thinks he's going to get the same amount of shots and time, he's crazy.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone be sore about this?

Good luck to him in his future endeavors.

The best revenge is living well, and I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that Billy Donovan didn't come to this league to come in 2nd. The job he and his staff did throughout the year AND ESPECIALLY in the playoffs was awesome, despite KD's foibles.

KD is Gollum to me now...and I will create a special image for him tonight.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a great analogy this morning. Durant winning a title in golden state at this point will have all the significance of losing your virginity to a hooker.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do defenses do now that you essentially can't leave Harrison Barnes open anymore? Their offense is going to be unreal.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its also status quo in the real world. The Warriors had far and away the best opening for Durant's position. 'Weakest move' and 'no-brainer' might as well be the same thing.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True competitors laughing at Durant, just something he will have to live with.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True competitors laughing at Durant, just something he will have to live with.

Yeah...but at the end of the day, it's about KD and his FA rights to go where he wants...I don't care much for his choice, but, more power to him. I'm sure he's not bothered at all by the true competitors.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess but what happens a few years later when you need to max Green and Thompson? I'm sure the owner CAN do it but I'm guessing he will be losing money to do it. If the max , cap and revenue sharing stays the same anyway

Green is locked up for 4 more years ... Klay for 3. That is a long time in today's NBA.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to GS. Swing for the fence and boy did it connect. He's an immediate and massive upgrade, and even though he forces the team to gut the bench, who the hell cares when it landed you a top 5 player. LBJ's heat teams were thin like that, but they won titles. With Durant, the Ws become the far and away favorites to win the title. Good for them.

Having said that, Durant to GS is just odd to me and here is why. When LBJ went to the Heat and Cavs and when Garnett went to the Celtics, they walked onto the court as easily the best player on the team and the unquestioned leader. They were/are The Man—this was "their team." The same can't be said of Durant in GS. It's still Curry's team. Durant is just along for the ride. It's like he's jumping on a bandwagon, where he knows he won't be under the pressure of being "the man" just so he can get an "easy" ring. I hate to agree with Stephen A Smith—but this is a weak move. I think it shows a lot of Durant's insecurity.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new cap made it possible, someone should have foreseen a new "super team".This isn't even really the first time this has happened. The Lakers essentially had 4 future HOF with Kobe, Shaq, Payton and Malone although Malone and Payton were not exactly in their prime like the Warriors but that team still ended up getting dominated by the Pistons in a Finals that took a lot of Kobe heroics to even get to.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be like MJ jumping from the Bulls to the Detroit Bad Boys team in the early 90's (if MJ was a free agent)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be like MJ jumping from the Bulls to the Detroit Bad Boys team in the early 90's (if MJ was a free agent)

That's been mentioned but it isn't quite the same. Yes, both OKC and GSW were title competitors, but at least as a GSW fan I don't see any bad blood between the two franchises where there was some serious bad blood between those Pistons and Bulls teams.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for GS. I'm a bandwagon fan and hope they win some titles.

Me too, the only good thing about the early days was I could reasonably afford a ticket. Tickets I purchased for $160 a piece several years ago are now well over $300 each and I expect the secondary market to go crazy with Durant coming. But gonna enjoy the ride.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
understood. and I agree that the City of Cleveland should be happy to get the sports monkey off their backs...

but my distate for the so-called "king", well that's another matter entirely...

I rooted against him for many years while he was with the Heat. But I liked the return to Cleveland and what followed. And hell he is a great player. And NO I am not a Cleveland fan at all.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant won MVP after leading Team USA to victory at the 2010 FIBA World Championship.
His favorite practice partners on that American squad?
Andre Iguodala and Steph Curry.
I bet they get colonics together and everything....