• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly....

LeBron owns Durant too.....there is only 1 ball- and the Warriors still have no rim protection and no one that can touch the real King of the NBA. When the going gets tough in the Finals- Kyrie got better- Steph got worse. I totally understand why people wil be favoring the Warriors. The Cavs will eventually make some kind of smaller counter move- everyone will count them out- and hopefully we get round 3.

WTF are you talking about? The Cavs won, but don't pretend that Curry was near 100% and losing Bogut was big. Throw in a game suspension for Green and things really didn't go very well for GS and it took a game 7 loss at home in the finals to end it for them. Listening to some of you people talk you'd think they were swept.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of pathetic though

This has been by far the most challenging few weeks in my professional life. I understood cognitively that I was facing a crossroads in my evolution as a player and as a man, and that it came with exceptionally difficult choices. What I didn’t truly understand, however, was the range of emotions I would feel during this process.

My Next Chapter | By Kevin Durant

Yeah, tough choice Kevin. Which of just about any NBA city of your choice do you feel like playing for at max money? Wish I had your tough choices. I'd wish they'd just sign and move on instead of trying to justify the crap. We get it, you play basketball for money and you're going to do what you feel like doing. Just don't pretend it's some gut wrenching decision when you know whatever move you make you're going to be 40+ mill richer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16? You sure about that?
That's according to Hoopshype which shows the salaries, but it could be off since the salaries do not reflect signed contracts yet. They might not have that much if they have already committed to some one

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the cap is going to max out at 110 mill or so in the next few years ( or around that). All 3 of those other guys are Durant type money and KD will get a bump next year too when he opts out. Like realistically those 4 guys alone will hit the cap unless they're just hoping they win a few and everyone agrees to take less?

It is a soft cap man. They can continue to resign their own players for as much and as long as they want, unless the owners band together and change the rules.

Dan Gilbert was leading the charge to do just that in 2011, I wonder what happens now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? The Cavs won, but don't pretend that Curry was near 100% and losing Bogut was big. Throw in a game suspension for Green and things really didn't go very well for GS and it took a game 7 loss at home in the finals to end it for them. Listening to some of you people talk you'd think they were swept.

What is truly interesting, is that the same people who are calling Durant "weak" for joining the Warriors, also claim that the Warriors are overrated and that the Cavs have the blueprint to beat them.

You can't have it both ways guys. You can't say the Warriors were overrated, and then criticize KD for joining the "obvious title favorites".

They are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of pathetic though

This has been by far the most challenging few weeks in my professional life. I understood cognitively that I was facing a crossroads in my evolution as a player and as a man, and that it came with exceptionally difficult choices. What I didn’t truly understand, however, was the range of emotions I would feel during this process.

My Next Chapter | By Kevin Durant

Yeah, tough choice Kevin. Which of just about any NBA city of your choice do you feel like playing for at max money? Wish I had your tough choices. I'd wish they'd just sign and move on instead of trying to justify the crap. We get it, you play basketball for money and you're going to do what you feel like doing. Just don't pretend it's some gut wrenching decision when you know whatever move you make you're going to be 40+ mill richer.

Of course it is gut wrenching.

When any normal person makes a career decision, they don't have it dissected and criticized by millions of people. Choosing anything but a return to OKC opens him up to be hated. Forget about it if he chooses the most appealing option, which he did.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with either leaving...the problem lies here

Lebron it was the way he left...the decision

Durant in the team he chose...looks like a pussy after being up 3-1

Lebron didn't join the favorites to win the championship...Period...GS was the favorites before durant even stepped foot in Oakland
LeBron handpicked his teammates and they were the favorites in Miami to win a championship.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it the more I'm completely ok with Durant's decision

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like to me almost all of those that are not Lakers or Warriors fans have their panties twisted in a knot - It is just me?

my panties are very moist and I hate the NBA

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we find out how many OKC fans can stomach a team that misses the playoffs. Easy to be a fan when you never have a bad team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the fuck are the Warriors gonna pay Curry, Thompson and Green when it's time for them to get paid?? They may have to play 4 on 5 at that point because they won't have any money left to pay the other 8 guys

Rather easily. Just max them all out and pay the huge luxury tax.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds like the plan, but in the end it won't come to that. Not all of those players will continue to carry the weight. There are redundancies there between steph/durant/Klay. Whichever one isn't the right fit will be traded (whichever isn't the right fit and isn't named Steph, that is). Green will end up being such a prick they won't keep him either. Instead they will sell him or let him walk and replace him.

Look at the Clippers. People thought the same, and then last season there were tiny rumors about ditching Blake.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess but isn't it like a dollar for every dollar over? The players are already getting 50% of,revenues. You do something like that and pretty soon you are going to be really screwing yourself over if you're the owner

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess but isn't it like a dollar for every dollar over? The players are already getting 50% of,revenues. You do something like that and pretty soon you are going to be really screwing yourself over if you're the owner

It isn't dollar for dollar anymore I don't believe, but it is still prohibitive.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a soft cap man. They can continue to resign their own players for as much and as long as they want, unless the owners band together and change the rules.

Dan Gilbert was leading the charge to do just that in 2011, I wonder what happens now.
Kind of but not really. You can resign your own guys for longer at a bigger bump but not for any amount you want to. There are max contracts no matter where you go. I just don't see a team maxing 4 guys, paying 8 other guys and also paying 100% luxury tax. That's insanity if you're the owner. It works now because you don't have to pay Curry, Thompson and Green anywhere close to what they're worth. It won't stay that way. They'll probably lockout next year and make it impossible to keep all 4 of them anyway