• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we can see even more dumbass bandwagon Warrior fans that I'd like to shoot with my paintball gun. I hate sports.
So you use the same stick
This is such a weak resume move that Durant is going to look back on and ask " why was a such a little bitch?"
So you use the same shtick on the NBA forum as you do on the NFL forum. I find that funny, especially since I got you pegged as a band wagon fan yourself. Tell you what I'll volunteer to be your bandwagon fan for the Warriors. Going to be pulling for them next year and I really don't keep up with the NBA now a days. So in fact I will be a band wagon fan. I'm OK with that.:nod:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the NBA has survived just fine when there were previous dynasties (Lakers in the previous decade, Spurs arguably now, the Bulls in the '90s, the Lakers in the '80s).
Well, the dynasty experiment keeps going. I can't say why anyone in the state of Wisconsin would like that they ponied up subsidies to build a new arena and why they would want courtside seats for a regular season game.

Is that all worth it for really awesome playoff ratings for all games involving one team? I guess we'll find out.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors had won, I would see how it would look that way, but in this case, the Warriors lost and they are having to get rid of a couple of players to make room for Durant. It's a smart move and next year Durant gets his first championship

lol@u just assuming he wins the championship

It's going to be so much more funny when he doesn't...kinda like when you assumed nobody was beating the spurs or gs last year

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the fuck are the Warriors gonna pay Curry, Thompson and Green when it's time for them to get paid?? They may have to play 4 on 5 at that point because they won't have any money left to pay the other 8 guys

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the duck are the Warriors gonna pay Curry, Thompson and Green when it's time for them to get paid?? They may have to play 4 on 5 at that point because they won't have any money left to pay the other 8 guys
New TV money will do the trick...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New TV money will do the trick...
Yeah but the cap is going to max out at 110 mill or so in the next few years ( or around that). All 3 of those other guys are Durant type money and KD will get a bump next year too when he opts out. Like realistically those 4 guys alone will hit the cap unless they're just hoping they win a few and everyone agrees to take less?

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@u just assuming he wins the championship

It's going to be so much more funny when he doesn't...kinda like when you assumed nobody was beating the spurs or gs last year
About as amazing as Dallas beating the Heat :D

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But LeBron was NOT the sidekick in Miami, he proved it. Durant really may be the sidekick. But so the hell what? Dude wants a ring, and as we see all over these boards, rings are how we judge the greats no matter who their teams are. Not how I do it, but KD is just dealing with sports fandom as it is.

Also he probably doesn't care what a bunch of random internet NBA fans think, but his family and friends and his own self matter. As it should be.
I don't think KD will be a sidekick at all. GS doesn't have an option 1, 2 or 3. Whoever is open or has the best look they're the #1 option. It's pretty simple.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny he always espoused the desire to remain with one franchise his whole career like Mike, Kobe, etc.

Farewell Slim. We had some good times. If you continue to play like you're a ball-handling guard you'll continue to contribute to your team failing when needed most.

Don't let the door hit ya.

I would assume next years MVP will be one and done as well. As a Thunder fan, it's actually exciting to see what magic Presti and Donovan can do now with more less-effective pieces. We can shed the Singlers and Foyes and get guys that have more talent and youth.
I'm sure because there's a lot of guys that have the patience KD had to play with a ball hogging PG like RW. Wouldn't doubt the line of his replacements spans the block. Lol

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron sitting around sayin well this makes it ok to launch my next super team

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA has no one to blame but themselves for this signing...If they hadn't interfered with game 5 and let nature take its course with a Warriors Championship...KD would probably still be in OKC.:dhd:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If GS doesnt go 80-2 and sweeps their way through the playoffs it is a complete and utter failure :laugh3:

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are gonna see wade to the rescue any day now

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've read that argument that LeBron, Durant and others should get their true market value. There will be a lot of resistance to that from the majority of NBA players. All these mediocre players are really cashing in and they will not want to see a few superstars get 60 million/year contracts. Also, the NBA has survived just fine when there were previous dynasties (Lakers in the previous decade, Spurs arguably now, the Bulls in the '90s, the Lakers in the '80s).

For the first time, I'm thinking a "max contract" may not make sense. If KD really could get his market value, he'd be getting paid at least $40M -- and no way GS could afford him. He'd be back with the Thunder.

Now it is possible that a team could have 4 guys getting paid max $$$. (at least Max at the time they signed the contract)

There is a chance that GS may be able to pay their top 4 Max $$$.

At some point some teams are going to look at dumping a few of these contracts. Savvy teams who are willing to pay could get some nice players.