• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to GS. Swing for the fence and boy did it connect. He's an immediate and massive upgrade, and even though he forces the team to gut the bench, who the hell cares when it landed you a top 5 player. LBJ's heat teams were thin like that, but they won titles. With Durant, the Ws become the far and away favorites to win the title. Good for them.

Having said that, Durant to GS is just odd to me and here is why. When LBJ went to the Heat and Cavs and when Garnett went to the Celtics, they walked onto the court as easily the best player on the team and the unquestioned leader. They were/are The Man—this was "their team." The same can't be said of Durant in GS. It's still Curry's team. Durant is just along for the ride. It's like he's jumping on a bandwagon, where he knows he won't be under the pressure of being "the man" just so he can get an "easy" ring. I hate to agree with Stephen A Smith—but this is a weak move. I think it shows a lot of Durant's insecurity.

I'm not sure why people are penning GS '17 world champs...KD is a great player and a great addition, but he's not what GS exactly needed imo...what GS was missing vs the Cavs...Boards, and low post DEF and rim protector....when they got down 1-3, Lebron decided he was going to take the ball to the rack, and so did Irving...GS had no DEF presence in the post to stop them once Bogut went down....zero.

Yes, KD is a much better player than Barnes, but I'm sure he won't be left open to shoot like Barnes was.

Weak move... Stephen A is 100% right on this one. The only part of your post on this end I disagree with...you don't sent your top stars to a FA meeting and spend $27 mil per on somebody that's along for the ride...KD will be a big part of what they do in GS...no doubt about that...will it be enough to win it all next season?...I think so, but had they acquired a Whiteside or D. Howard type skillset instead of a scorer...I would be more confident.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LeBron signs with GS as well?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why people are penning GS '17 world champs...KD is a great player and a great addition, but he's not what GS exactly needed imo...what GS was missing vs the Cavs...Boards, and low post DEF and rim protector....when they got down 1-3, Lebron decided he was going to take the ball to the rack, and so did Irving...GS had no DEF presence in the post to stop them once Bogut went down....zero.

Yes, KD is a much better player than Barnes, but I'm sure he won't be left open to shoot like Barnes was.

Weak move... Stephen A is 100% right on this one. The only part of your post on this end I disagree with...you don't sent your top stars to a FA meeting and spend $27 mil per on somebody that's along for the ride...KD will be a big part of what they do in GS...no doubt about that...will it be enough to win it all next season?...I think so, but had they acquired a Whiteside or D. Howard type skillset instead of a scorer...I would be more confident.

Did you seriously just state the Warriors would be better off w/ D. Howard than Durant? :lol: I can't really imagine many situations where Howard helps any team. Perhaps he could have 4-5 years ago, and maybe that is what you meant by "D. Howard type".

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what GS was missing vs the Cavs...
Barnes went 5-32 against the Cavs with 2 assists in the final 3 losses. Hard to find a bigger reason why GS lost.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes went 5-32 against the Cavs with 2 assists in the final 3 losses. Hard to find a bigger reason why GS lost.

Also the only unanimous MVP in league history not performing like the only unanimous MVP in history, in the Finals.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barnes also only had 9 rebounds over those last 3 games. Only 2 rebounds in 29 minutes of action in Game 7.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its also status quo in the real world. The Warriors had far and away the best opening for Durant's position. 'Weakest move' and 'no-brainer' might as well be the same thing.

What about the celtics, clippers, new york, tons of teams where he would have been the man, but he was scared of the competition, don't lie to yourself....even OKC with him was a top team

A weak move would have been jordan joining the pistons after they beat him so many times....I could see it now, it is a great move for jordan joining the pistons, a no brainer! LMFAO

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the only unanimous MVP in league history not performing like the only unanimous MVP in history, in the Finals.

No it's much easier to blame barnes! He was the one bricking all those 3's when somone finally decided to guard curry

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame him because the management at Okie is cowardly. Look at all of the good players that they traded away and refused to pay more money. They would have easily had a championship by now had they done right. Durant was smart to leave that hole in the ground
The Okie crowd is really pissing on themselves they are so upset about Durant leaving, but they had a good run - it was time to break up the team

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes has a history of having bad stretches. Not just a bad game or two. He literally disappears from games. Even had they not signed Durant I didn't really want Barnes back at a max deal.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Okie crowd is really pissing on themselves they are so upset about Durant leaving, but they had a good run - it was time to break up the team

Not me I like Durant and all but I was always a Westbrook guy. I have no hard feelings for Durant other than the fact he waiting so damn long and really screwed OKC when all the good players had signed.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine what OKC could have received in trade if they knew a year ago what they know now

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the celtics, clippers, new york, tons of teams where he would have been the man, but he was scared of the competition, don't lie to yourself....even OKC with him was a top team

A weak move would have been jordan joining the pistons after they beat him so many times....I could see it now, it is a great move for jordan joining the pistons, a no brainer! LMFAO
MJ HATED the Pistons. KD had no animosity towards GSW.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me I like Durant and all but I was always a Westbrook guy. I have no hard feelings for Durant other than the fact he waiting so damn long and really screwed OKC when all the good players had signed.
Yeah - Westbrook was better last year, but Durant had not recovered from his injury yet either. I think it's a little early to panic and trade. I think that even though you know what is most likely, you still have to play it out and see what happens first. Sometimes you get a check mate instead of check mated and a win is a win baby

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ HATED the Pistons. KD had no animosity towards GSW.

Sports are the ultimate form of competition, MJ was a competitor and hated the team that beat him, but worked hard to be better and beat them....i guess certain people are cut from different cloths

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - Westbrook was better last year, but Durant had not recovered from his injury yet either. I think it's a little early to panic and trade. I think that even though you know what is most likely, you still have to play it out and see what happens first. Sometimes you get a check mate instead of check mated and a win is a win baby

What the fuck are you even saying right now TLF?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to do when you have 2 to 3 guys defending you every time and disrespting barnes. Which worked

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you even saying right now TLF?
I'm just saying that it's too early to trade Westbrook. There is plenty of time to do that before February. The Thunder could get lucky with a trade or signing that rebuilds them quickly like the Spurs have done when every one thought they were finished. In chess - you lose when the person checkmates you. The Thunder looks like they are lost as in checkmate, but it's early. I'm just saying - they don't need to panic quite yet