• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - Westbrook was better last year, but Durant had not recovered from his injury yet either. I think it's a little early to panic and trade. I think that even though you know what is most likely, you still have to play it out and see what happens first. Sometimes you get a check mate instead of check mated and a win is a win baby

Jesus, you are one retarded monkey.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just a terrible comparison. OKC was up 3-1 vs gs and he bailed to gs...Was lebron up 3-1 vs boston before he left? Did he sign with boston after losing to them? Who was Lebron's best player? Mo williams? Delonte west? ....OKC had a legit superstar in Russel westbrook

And no lebron didn't start this, Boston did with the big 3 garnet, allen, piere although i actually can't think of a situation where a superstar player joined a team that was already the favorites to win before he even stepped foot there.
I will spell it out for you, since you are in denial. Lebron was with Cleveland from the start -- prior to leaving, I believe they won 61 and 66 games. What he couldnt do is -- win a championship.

Newsflash -- Cleveland isn't a hot spot for potential FA's. So with LeBron knowing he couldnt get it done in Cleveland -- he got together with two of his buddies, who happened to be 2 of the best in the NBA to go to Miami, to build a super team.

While in Miami, playing on the team he handpicked -- Cleveland had not one, not two, but three #1 overall picks. So the players he couldnt get to Cleveland while he was there were now drafted by the team. So he had Irvin in place and the assets to make a deal for Kevin Love. Which is the ONLY reason he agreed to come back home, because he'd now join a younger, better super team, which he basically handpicked.

To put it in perspective -- you are saying. It'd be alright if Durant, Curry and Thompson got together and decided to play in say Utah or Minnesota, but because he just joined them in GS -- it is completely different. :L

Reality is -- the only difference is -- instead of all of them getting together to decide where to play, Durant just signed where they were already.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will spell it out for you, since you are in denial. Lebron was with Cleveland from the start -- prior to leaving, I believe they won 61 and 66 games. What he couldnt do is -- win a championship.

Newsflash -- Cleveland isn't a hot spot for potential FA's. So with LeBron knowing he couldnt get it done in Cleveland -- he got together with two of his buddies, who happened to be 2 of the best in the NBA to go to Miami, to build a super team.

While in Miami, playing on the team he handpicked -- Cleveland had not one, not two, but three #1 overall picks. So the players he couldnt get to Cleveland while he was there were now drafted by the team. So he had Irvin in place and the assets to make a deal for Kevin Love. Which is the ONLY reason he agreed to come back home, because he'd now join a younger, better super team, which he basically handpicked.

To put it in perspective -- you are saying. It'd be alright if Durant, Curry and Thompson got together and decided to play in say Utah or Minnesota, but because he just joined them in GS -- it is completely different. :L

Reality is -- the only difference is -- instead of all of them getting together to decide where to play, Durant just signed where they were already.

Lebron lost in the 2nd round in 6, while durant was 1 game away from being in the finals...CLE had no cap room and was stuck with an aging team that was doing worse than the previous year...Durant def had a chance to win in OKC, lebron had to leave...BIG difference

As for lebron returning your ONLY reason is ONLY your opinion, not a FACT

The FACT is lebron returned to a team that hadn't even made the playoffs and maybe a first or second round exit with love, how bout durant's gs team...how far would they make it without him?

I would have been fine with Duarant going to any team other than the one that won 73 games without him...In fact if curry, thompson and Durant went to minnesota and they got rid of all their players that would be fine as well. Sorta like what lebron was in Miami, big 3 and mostly scrubs. You forgot about green. You can try to spin it all you want but lebrons teams were never finals contenders without him...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost 100% of this is dead on, with one exception. The supporting cast in Cleveland is nowhere near what LeBron had when he first signed in Miami. Wade and LeBron were arguably the two best players in the league at the time and Bosh was a top 10 player.

Cleveland's cast may be more attractive than Miami's now and he would not have returned had he not deemed them good enough, but Irving and Love are not anywhere close to what Wade and Bosh were. The return to Cleveland really was not the same as him bolting for Miami. That is one of the reasons why this championship was so impressive.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron lost in the 2nd round in 6, while durant was 1 game away from being in the finals...CLE had no cap room and was stuck with an aging team that was doing worse than the previous year...Durant def had a chance to win in OKC, lebron had to leave...BIG difference

The FACT is lebron returned to a team that hadn't even made the playoffs and maybe a first or second round exit with love, how bout durant's gs team...how far would they make it without him?

I would have been fine with Duarant going to any team other than the one that won 73 games without him...In fact if curry, thompson and Durant went to minnesota and they got rid of all their players that would be fine as well. Sorta like what lebron was in Miami, big 3 and mostly scrubs. You forgot about green. You can try to spin it all you want but lebrons teams were never finals contenders without him...

so basically what this boils down to is you hate that he went to the team you KNOW can beat you...?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost 100% of this is dead on, with one exception. The supporting cast in Cleveland is nowhere near what LeBron had when he first signed in Miami. Wade and LeBron were arguably the two best players in the league at the time and Bosh was a top 10 player.

Cleveland's cast may be more attractive than Miami's now and he would not have returned had he not deemed them good enough, but Irving and Love are not anywhere close to what Wade and Bosh were. The return to Cleveland really was not the same as him bolting for Miami. That is one of the reasons why this championship was so impressive.

agreed. i'd have to say the combo he hooked up with in Miami was the better one...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron showed his competitive spirit when he jumped ship on his HOMETOWN TEAM on national television to form a super team with his friends.

I was a die hard LeBron fan, argued with everyone how he would surpass Jordan as the GOAT. I have numerous signed memorabilia I have collected over the years from autographed basketballs to framed jerseys, etc. When LeBron thumbed his nose at his hometown -- it showed what kind of competitor he is. He will go to whatever team is stacked to give him the best chance to win a ring. Any Cleveland fan who thinks he would have come back to Cleveland without Kyrie Irvin and a deal in the works for Kevin Love are kidding themselves. He went because it gave him a better chance to win a title than Miami

LeBron will go down as one of the most physically gifted, if not, the most physically gifted player in NBA history, but he lacks the killer instinct the all time greats have like Jordan.

If LeBron had the killer instinct that can't be taught, you either have it or u don't, he'd be unstoppable. He will still go down as one of the top 5 or so players of all time, but it is quite obvious now, he will never surpass Jordan.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron showed his competitive spirit when he jumped ship on his HOMETOWN TEAM on national television to form a super team with his friends.

I was a die hard LeBron fan, argued with everyone how he would surpass Jordan as the GOAT. I have numerous signed memorabilia I have collected over the years from autographed basketballs to framed jerseys, etc. When LeBron thumbed his nose at his hometown -- it showed what kind of competitor he is. He will go to whatever team is stacked to give him the best chance to win a ring. Any Cleveland fan who thinks he would have come back to Cleveland without Kyrie Irvin and a deal in the works for Kevin Love are kidding themselves. He went because it gave him a better chance to win a title than Miami

LeBron will go down as one of the most physically gifted, if not, the most physically gifted player in NBA history, but he lacks the killer instinct the all time greats have like Jordan.

If LeBron had the killer instinct that can't be taught, you either have it or u don't, he'd be unstoppable. He will still go down as one of the top 5 or so players of all time, but it is quite obvious now, he will never surpass Jordan.
:10:

MJ had it, Kobe had it...to name a couple...

you're 100% on this one. killer instinct CAN'T be taught...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, @ChiefsLakers67, it's taken me some time because I'm really not a basketball fan, but I didn't want to forget about you and deprive you the pleasure of sporting an avi produced by the infamous Slinky.

After much thought, I decided I needed a Cleveland baseball spin to this, but because it's the avi you'll sport because I knew so much more than you about the NBA finals, I realized it had to have some basketball flavor too. So, without further ado, I present your avi for the next week:

WahooLebron.jpg

Sincerely,

Slinkton B Redfoot
NBA Genius

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:

MJ had it, Kobe had it...to name a couple...

you're 100% on this one. killer instinct CAN'T be taught...

And to Cavs and LeBron fans -- I didn't make the comment out of disrespect or to stir the pot. I'm a fan of LeBron, but lost a lot of respect when he went to Miami -- it'd be like Jordan announcing he was taking his talents to Boston or Detroit back in the day.

I think LeBron knows he needs that guy on the team to take the big shots at the end of the game. Lebron always makes the right basketball play, but the greats, everyone in the building knew who was taking a game winning shot and they still got it done.

I think the perfect poll the NBA had was -- they asked all the NBA GM's to vote who they'd want with the ball in their hands and game on the line.

The choices were Jordan, Kobe, Bird or LeBron.

Jordan won by a lot, but the real shock was, zero picked LeBron.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, @ChiefsLakers67, it's taken me some time because I'm really not a basketball fan, but I didn't want to forget about you and deprive you the pleasure of sporting an avi produced by the infamous Slinky.

After much thought, I decided I needed a Cleveland baseball spin to this, but because it's the avi you'll sport because I knew so much more than you about the NBA finals, I realized it had to have some basketball flavor too. So, without further ado, I present your avi for the next week:

Sincerely,

Slinkton B Redfoot
NBA Genius
Is that Kyrie Irvin?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The key phrase is:
"What Wade and Bosh WERE"

LeBron isn't dumb. He won his championship in Miami and knew a better team was waiting and a chance to look like the hometown hero in Cleveland with a different younger super team.

You think he'd come back to Cleveland after what the fans and ownership had to say when he jumped ship unless he was going to a better situation than he was in? No chance.

He has all the money in the world. He has individual accolades. He wants the best opportunity to win a title and Cleveland presented that to him with Kyrie and Love.

Do I think Kyrie, Love and LeBron is better than Bosh, Wade and LeBron? No. But I think the supporting cast in Cleveland is better than what Miami had.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sincerely,

Slinkton B Redfoot
NBA Genius

awwwwwwww...

ok ok, guess it's time to pay the piper...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes was 20 for 39 in the first 4 games, including 6 for 14 from three-point land. He then shot 5 for 32 to close the series. He was most certainly a factor.

Okay...I stand corrected, but @Clayton did the research on his shooting, I was just responding to it.

In this case, if your figures are correct, he was a factor in a few games, not so much at the end when CLE made their run...my big point on Barnes is that he wasn't the primary cause for them losing the series

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awwwwwwww...

ok ok, guess it's time to pay the piper...

Also, lest there be any confusion, those "I knew more about the NBA Finals" and "NBA Genius" bits were completely tongue in cheek. I don't know shit about the NBA - I bet on the home team and lucked out that they won.

Cheers.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, lest there be any confusion, those "I knew more about the NBA Finals" and "NBA Genius" bits were completely tongue in cheek. I don't know shit about the NBA - I bet on the home team and lucked out that they won.

Cheers.

haha, fair enough...