• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you seriously just state the Warriors would be better off w/ D. Howard than Durant? :lol: I can't really imagine many situations where Howard helps any team. Perhaps he could have 4-5 years ago, and maybe that is what you meant by "D. Howard type".

Color me stupid, but I did say something to that effect...they didn't need much more scoring, but they did need a rim protector, and rebounder...hell if Bogut didn't get hurt they might've still won...but absent of him they had nobody to make Lebron or Irving think twice about going to the basket. FWIW...I said GS needed a Whiteside or D. Howard skillset more so than another scorer.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes went 5-32 against the Cavs with 2 assists in the final 3 losses. Hard to find a bigger reason why GS lost.

Barnes sucked the ENTIRE series as you've pointed out...when they were up 3-1...he sucked, and when they lost 3 straight...he sucked, so he's hardly the reason they lost....mostly a non-factor.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying that it's too early to trade Westbrook. There is plenty of time to do that before February. The Thunder could get lucky with a trade or signing that rebuilds them quickly like the Spurs have done when every one thought they were finished. In chess - you lose when the person checkmates you. The Thunder looks like they are lost as in checkmate, but it's early. I'm just saying - they don't need to panic quite yet

Really? You lose when the person checkmates you? Do you have any more nuggets of wisdom for me?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You lose when the person checkmates you? Do you have any more nuggets of wisdom for me?
I was just saying - my opinion is that the Thunder should wait before Trading Westbrook. Is that really that far out there? I didn't say not to trade him at all:L

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, they still don't have an NBA team and it doesn't look like they will, anytime soon....

Yeah, and now the same thing can be said of OKC when Westbrook implodes next season. Have fun rooting for a broken down bus for a few years. See how interested the OKC fans are after a few years of that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports are the ultimate form of competition, MJ was a competitor and hated the team that beat him, but worked hard to be better and beat them....i guess certain people are cut from different cloths
You mean like a guy who couldn't get the job done in Cleveland, so he formed a super team in Miami with 2 of his buddies, who happen to be the top ranked players at their position? Or the guy who jumped back to Cleveland once he won 2 titles in Miami and Cleveland had 3 #1 overall draft picks, so they could trade a few to get one of the top PF in the game to join him?

Are Cleveland fans this delusional? Or did they just block out "the decision"? You want to know who is responsible for the "super teams"? I will give you, not one, not two, not three, not four guesses. :L

If LeBron was cut from a different cloth -- he doesn't jump ship to Miami with his buddies to begin with.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and now the same thing can be said of OKC when Westbrook implodes next season. Have fun rooting for a broken down bus for a few years. See how interested the OKC fans are after a few years of that.

Have fun watching wnba.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes sucked the ENTIRE series as you've pointed out...when they were up 3-1...he sucked, and when they lost 3 straight...he sucked, so he's hardly the reason they lost....mostly a non-factor.

Barnes was 20 for 39 in the first 4 games, including 6 for 14 from three-point land. He then shot 5 for 32 to close the series. He was most certainly a factor.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like a guy who couldn't get the job done in Cleveland, so he formed a super team in Miami with 2 of his buddies, who happen to be the top ranked players at their position? Or the guy who jumped back to Cleveland once he won 2 titles in Miami and Cleveland had 3 #1 overall draft picks, so they could trade a few to get one of the top PF in the game to join him?

Are Cleveland fans this delusional? Or did they just block out "the decision"? You want to know who is responsible for the "super teams"? I will give you, not one, not two, not three, not four guesses. :L

If LeBron was cut from a different cloth -- he doesn't jump ship to Miami with his buddies to begin with.

It just a terrible comparison. OKC was up 3-1 vs gs and he bailed to gs...Was lebron up 3-1 vs boston before he left? Did he sign with boston after losing to them? Who was Lebron's best player? Mo williams? Delonte west? ....OKC had a legit superstar in Russel westbrook

And no lebron didn't start this, Boston did with the big 3 garnet, allen, piere although i actually can't think of a situation where a superstar player joined a team that was already the favorites to win before he even stepped foot there.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, it's obvious KD knew he was leaving. Where was his head when they were up 3-1? I think it's obvious.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just a terrible comparison. OKC was up 3-1 vs gs and he bailed to gs...Was lebron up 3-1 vs boston before he left? Did he sign with boston after losing to them? Who was Lebron's best player? Mo williams? Delonte west? ....OKC had a legit superstar in Russel westbrook

And no lebron didn't start this, Boston did with the big 3 garnet, allen, piere although i actually can't think of a situation where a superstar player joined a team that was already the favorites to win before he even stepped foot there.

No LeBron didn't start it but he did do the same thing any way you look at it. I don't know who Piere is for the Celtics. Was he any good? Just saying. Peace.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No LeBron didn't start it but he did do the same thing any way you look at it. I don't know who Piere is for the Celtics. Was he any good? Just saying. Peace.

He didn't do anything near the same thing lol...He never joined the team that beat him, and he still had to beat the team that beat him with his new team....A wade and bosh team without lebron wasn't the nba finals favorite...The comparison is weak. Later

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you need a few more tubes of Preparation H for your butthurtedness....maybe a couple of suppositories would do the trick....I'm sure you're used to both.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need a few more tubes of Preparation H for your butthurtedness....maybe a couple of suppositories would do the trick....I'm sure you're used to both.

Just stating facts.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not hard to figure out it was SAS was lying because it was easy to look at what was going on. He picked a popular subject (Durant's free agent) and linked him to the most popular team (the Lakers) to attract eyeballs. It's a media trick that's used garner attention and its one that SAS is a master of. Make a connection, factual or not, and then hot take the shit out of it. Durant's got more credibility in this because over the years, he's distanced himself from the media. He doesn't play their games. That's why its more believable when he says no one in my inner circle talked to SAS. And then SAS went in on him in a ridiculous manner not to protect himself, but to promote himself. He plans that stuff out for show. He knows the more ridiculous he acts, the more viral the clip will go as mouthbreathers keep hitting share going "Oh man! Look at SAS go!". He's not that credible. He's a carnival barker. When is the last time he broke any real news? Lebron to the Heat? Tony Kornheiser said the same thing but no one touts him that much. That could just as easily been guess work over actual reporting. He does know people, I don't dispute that. But if he were truly that plugged in, he'd be dropping bombs with Woj. Instead, he's far more interested in promoting his own brand above all else by any means necessary.

Lol, wth do he have to lie for? SAS been credible before KD came to the league, so what does lying on him benefit SAS? Like I said, KD can't control what everybody in his inner circle tell people. This type of stuff have been going on forever in all sports. Like I said, Derozan's brother told me, that he is positive that Derozan is coming to the Lakers. Derozan don't know he told me that. So you damn right that SAS was mad when KD called him a liar.

To answer your question, the last major story he broke, was Tom Brady getting suspended for 4 games. When SAS was a full time reporter, he was going out there getting info and breaking them more ofter like Woj, but even he said he slowed down ever since he's a full time tv person. That still doesn't tarnish his 20+ years of credibility. And lets not act like Woj been wrong before, but that doesn't make him a liar.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, wth do he have to lie for? SAS been credible before KD came to the league, so what does lying on him benefit SAS? Like I said, KD can't control what everybody in his inner circle tell people. This type of stuff have been going on forever in all sports. Like I said, Derozan's brother told me, that he is positive that Derozan is coming to the Lakers. Derozan don't know he told me that. So you damn right that SAS was mad when KD called him a liar.

To answer your question, the last major story he broke, was Tom Brady getting suspended for 4 games. When SAS was a full time reporter, he was going out there getting info and breaking them more ofter like Woj, but even he said he slowed down ever since he's a full time tv person. That still doesn't tarnish his 20+ years of credibility. And lets not act like Woj been wrong before, but that doesn't make him a liar.

He benefits because he gets air time. ESPN and FT can build an entire day's worth (or more) of him throwing it out there and then overreacting to everything. Fabrication is not above them. Whether he straight made it up or used manipulation (like talking to some one that he knows isn't really close to KD but runs with it anyway), he benefits because it puts eyeballs on him. That's his main objective. It's like the National Enquirer or some other tabloid, they say a "source close to Taylor Swift said she may or may not be cheating on whoever". "Source close" has an extremely loose definition, there's no way to tell either way and tabloids like Smith will absolutely manipulate or even make up things because it benefits them.

You're free to disagree but to me, people are fooling themselves if you take any thing this guy says for truth. Heavy side eye is required. His behavior absolutely tarnishes whatever he's done in the past. In his line of work and really, in life in general, people that have real credibility, don't roll around in the mud as often as he does.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He benefits because he gets air time. ESPN and FT can build an entire day's worth (or more) of him throwing it out there and then overreacting to everything. Fabrication is not above them. Whether he straight made it up or used manipulation (like talking to some one that he knows isn't really close to KD but runs with it anyway), he benefits because it puts eyeballs on him. That's his main objective. It's like the National Enquirer or some other tabloid, they say a "source close to Taylor Swift said she may or may not be cheating on whoever". "Source close" has an extremely loose definition, there's no way to tell either way and tabloids like Smith will absolutely manipulate or even make up things because it benefits them.

You're free to disagree but to me, people are fooling themselves if you take any thing this guy says for truth. Heavy side eye is required. His behavior absolutely tarnishes whatever he's done in the past. In his line of work and really, in life in general, people that have real credibility, don't roll around in the mud as often as he does.

Everything you said in the first paragraph, you can say about any journalist out there, including your boy Woj.

Why would it be foolish to take anything he says for truth, when he's been credible for over 20 years? Why would so many players, coaches, and executives have close relationships with him, if he isn't credible? Do you think he would be so close to Lebron's management team, if Lebron didn't trust him?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you said in the first paragraph, you can say about any journalist out there, including your boy Woj.

Why would it be foolish to take anything he says for truth, when he's been credible for over 20 years? Why would so many players, coaches, and executives have close relationships with him, if he isn't credible? Do you think he would be so close to Lebron's management team, if Lebron didn't trust him?

That's not true of any journalists out there. Journalists do not seek air time, they seek facts and the story. Smith does not. Smith's motivation is and always has been self promotion first. If you can't see the difference, then you won't be able to see how that affects credibility.