• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Signing With Warriors

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure everyone will be cool with it since they had no problems with durant joining gs :lol:

but if lebron is indeed the greatest he don't need wade right?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time, I'm thinking a "max contract" may not make sense. If KD really could get his market value, he'd be getting paid at least $40M -- and no way GS could afford him. He'd be back with the Thunder.

Now it is possible that a team could have 4 guys getting paid max $$$. (at least Max at the time they signed the contract)

There is a chance that GS may be able to pay their top 4 Max $$$.

At some point some teams are going to look at dumping a few of these contracts. Savvy teams who are willing to pay could get some nice players.

KD would have to take less I'm pretty sure and probably Steph. The cap jump will be about $16 mil and Steph gets paid only $12 mil now just his max alone will be maxing out that cap or they would just have to pay a hefty luxury tax if they sign KD to a max contract too, right?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron
- Never played against Wade or Bosh in the playoffs
- Miami hadn't gotten out of the first round in 4 years
- Joining a 45-win team
- Had no sidekick in Cleveland and team was garbage
- Lebron was the reigning 2 time MVP

Durant
- Joining a team that he just choked against the year before
- Joining a team that has made back to back Finals
- Joining a 73-win team
- Had a superstar sidekick in Westbrook and a stacked team
- Joining the 2 time reigning MVP

No trolling needed...just facts
LBJ got played by Wade & Riley. They convinced him to play there so they could win but he do all the work. He knows it. That was the meaning behind all those passive aggressive tweets after he won this season.
KD will be playing with a TEAM. He won't be brought here to pull their carriage around the league for the next few years. :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda is. One of the 3 best players was too much of a pussy to stay on his team so he joined a 73 win team that already has an MVP winner. A finals favorite team before he was even on the roster... This makes Durant look so weak. Not to mention he made a tweet criticizing the exact choice he just made. He's pathetic.
Considering the source this post comes from-the oozing irony is too much for words. You know hate consumes you, right? :nod:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I suggest you go make fun of Mike Tysons voice to his face.
Goodness...for someone who isn't a fan this sure had your panties in a bunch.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose tinted glasses? I'm not even a Cavs fan. And stop blaming LeBron for KD jumping ship to the greatest regular season team in NBA history. KD landed in G.S. & they were already picked to win it all before he arrived.
So what? Why wouldn't he want to play with guys that gives him the best chance to win? Isn't that why LBJ rode the boat to Miami????
Get back to the jokes & stop hating.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@u just assuming he wins the championship

It's going to be so much more funny when he doesn't...kinda like when you assumed nobody was beating the spurs or gs last year

And you're not assuming Lebron wins next year? Come on now - there's no guarantee that the Cavs make the playoffs. There have been many upsets and yeah - I know there's no promises for the Warriors, but unless there are injuries and crap, the Warriors now have an inside presence instead of depending on the jump shot and the three pointers. I guess we will also find out how valuable Luke Walton was. The Lakers went to the toilet the year Kurt Rambis left Phil Jackson's staff in Los Angeles. He was the only one preaching defense

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness...for someone who isn't a fan this sure had your panties in a bunch.
It seems like to me almost all of those that are not Lakers or Warriors fans have their panties twisted in a knot - It is just me?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey we just see things differently. I see KD joining the greatest regular season team in history (which simply can't be denied) & you keep bringing up LeBron in your defense of KD (which I find odd). Let's just agree to disagree.
Weren't you one of the people that said that 73 wins means nothing because they didn't win the title?
Now all of a sudden KD shouldn't play here because they already mafe history without him? You ever thought maybe he'd like to be a part of a team that makes history too?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant can do anything he'd like but to say that money and being on a winning team didn't enter into his decision is baloney.
Ummm no. If money was his motivation then he would've stay in OKC since they were the only ones who could pay the max with the LONGEST contract. :tsk:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like to me almost all of those that are not Lakers or Warriors fans have their panties twisted in a knot - It is just me?
I agree...and Cavs fans too. Perhaps with this deal they saw their window of winning just slam shut?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...and Cavs fans too. Perhaps with this deal they saw their window of winning just slam shut?
If the Cavs get Wade, that's going to be a pretty good team, but I would still say the Warriors got better with Durant then the Cavs would with Wade who is older and beginning to decline.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs get Wade, that's going to be a pretty good team, but I would still say the Warriors got better with Durant then the Cavs would with Wade who is older and beginning to decline.
How can the Cavs afford Wade?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the Cavs afford Wade?
Looks like they could offer Wade about 16 million which is 6 more than what Miami offered. If that's not enough, then they would have to dump some one like Frye