• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Tate has big game in Calgary Stampede's season premiere

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

Amazing. As I said, CFL money does not come close to what NFL players make. We already knew that obvious point. That 6-figure salary should start Tate on the road towards a secure financial future. I would hope that he gets endorsement money on top of his $300,000 salary.

Nothing like becoming a better teammate that makes one's teammates better in the process.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis - antics - bad teammate vs. Chad Johnson - antics - bad teammate. What side of the fence does Drew Tate fit?

Ray Lewis - antics - get your head out of your ass team and start playing
Chad Johnson - antics - throw me the ball more, look at me

I guarantee you Drew Tate wasn't trying to put the spotlight on him.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis - antics - bad teammate vs. Chad Johnson - antics - bad teammate. What side of the fence does Drew Tate fit?

Ray Lewis - antics - get your head out of your ass team and start playing
Chad Johnson - antics - throw me the ball more, look at me

I guarantee you Drew Tate wasn't trying to put the spotlight on him.

Amen. To add to that, it's not like Tate was throwing a hissy fit every single game, he was caught on camera once that I can remember yelling at someone for running the wrong route. I know, he's a bad teammate for doing that, right?

What Hoops doesn't quite understand is that just because cameras may not catch it on television and you didn't see it does not mean that QBs aren't yelling at teammates. You just didn't happen to watch it occur.

Besides, what would you want the leader of the team to do.....sit back and yawn or get in someone's face for f--ing up? I choose the later, as do most fans.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Drew Tate should ask for week 2 off from now on. Last week, even though he had a great game, I didn't realize he strained his forearm. It was 1 year to the day of his injury last season, that kept him out most of the season.

Obviously, he did not play tonight in week 3. Anybody know how long a strained forearm takes to recover?

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

I get your point about Tate being a 'gamer'. And he was. I never questioned that. What I questioned was his decision to rip his WRs = repeatedly. That antic can only take a player so far. Players will quit on their teammate that does that too often. And the coaching staff also gets blamed for continuing to allow that to happen. Maybe you still don't see my point. Maybe you do. College football programs and NFL organizations have experienced cancerous teammates that wrecked the locker room. And to be clear, I'm not saying Tate was cancerous to Iowa's locker room.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I could name a dozen Hall of Famers who consistently rode teammates publicly - Elway, Marino, Jordan, Kobe....on and on. I'm not saying Tate is anywhere near that level; however, he fits the mold of a winner and personally, I loved to see some emotion out of our QB.