• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not mind taking a flyer on Josh Adams (Notre Dame running back) with one of our late round picks.
I'd like to take a RB. I saw the Alabama RB is projected 4th round. I like to have a bigger back to spell Elliott and nothing wrong with a RB that played in a pro style offense in college. You gotta think they can block a LB when called upon

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ve ais a guy I like a lot and would jump on, but no to trading up for him and He may be there at 19

I agree he may be there at 19, but in four of the six picks immediately preceding ours, there is Washington, Green Bay, Arizona, and Seattle, in the picks that he is most often considered to be drafted. I would hate to see him make it to any one of those four teams.

The problem for me is that I don't like trading away draft picks, but when we're talking about someone like Vea, who looks to be a game changer for years to come, my dislike of trading draft picks begins to lighten up a bit.

But then again, we've been bitten by that snake too many times.

This is all speculation, of course, because none of us have any say in how the draft plays out. I like Vea that much, that I would at least entertain the idea of trading up for him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many positions that could help this team that I am not giving up a pick unless the team loves a guy. If they feel there is a player worth trading up for and it is at a position of need I am all for it. The scouts have earned that right with recent draft picks (remember McClay wanted Watt over Taco)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many positions that could help this team that I am not giving up a pick unless the team loves a guy. If they feel there is a player worth trading up for and it is at a position of need I am all for it. The scouts have earned that right with recent draft picks (remember McClay wanted Watt over Taco)
Watt looks like a player, but I think Taco could be a stud down the line

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt looks like a player, but I think Taco could be a stud down the line
I'm up in the air. I preferred to not take Watt last year and while I wanted to trade up and take a different pass rusher or skip the position the way the draft ultimately fell (If we took the CB instead we wouldn't have had one of Awuzie or Lewis) I was fine with Taco. Was just interesting to read the scouts wanted Watt instead and year one they were right. Long term, who knows.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Jackson possibly could drop. Hard to ignore all those interceptions. A true ball hawk. With Wentz in our division a ball hawk would not hurt. Got to figure scandrick is done and unless Jones does something he won't be back in 19. Derwin James would look good if he were to fall
Derwin James would be a steal at #19.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter has him going 48, two picks in front of our second, so he's in that range, pre combine. With all the compensatory picks we have, they should be able to move up a few spots if they want someone. Unlike past years, those picks can be dealt too
Walter Football isn't a source I'd have any confidence in.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up in the air. I preferred to not take Watt last year and while I wanted to trade up and take a different pass rusher or skip the position the way the draft ultimately fell (If we took the CB instead we wouldn't have had one of Awuzie or Lewis) I was fine with Taco. Was just interesting to read the scouts wanted Watt instead and year one they were right. Long term, who knows.
Jerry's always had great scouts, he's just rarely had restraint

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Orlando Brown in the second?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....I'm not sure he gets drafted in round 2
He had a lot of false start penalties and holding calls. He was great sooner, but would not draft him.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a lot of false start penalties and holding calls. He was great sooner, but would not draft him.

I was just thinking he was graded as a first round talent before the combine. So if he drops he could be a bargain.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking he was graded as a first round talent before the combine. So if he drops he could be a bargain.
He had an all time terrible combine. I saw Bill Polian talking about how there has never been a player with his test scores that made it in the NFL. Fat, slow and weak...not a good combo

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had an all time terrible combine. I saw Bill Polian talking about how there has never been a player with his test scores that made it in the NFL. Fat, slow and weak...not a good combo

100% true
But his play on the field still had him graded as a 1st round pick. It is just an idea I threw out.