• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking he was graded as a first round talent before the combine. So if he drops he could be a bargain.
Remember his stupid penalties and losing his cool. I can't forget that even though he was mostly solid for four years. He is Flozell Lite.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many positions that could help this team that I am not giving up a pick unless the team loves a guy. If they feel there is a player worth trading up for and it is at a position of need I am all for it. The scouts have earned that right with recent draft picks (remember McClay wanted Watt over Taco)

I also wanted Watt over Taco. I just don't get WTF happened. maybe Taco shocks me and does something. I just think the cowboys could have went in several different directions other than Taco and made the team better. When we have our 2nd and 3rd round picks starting games instead of the 1st rounder I have a problem with it.
A BIG PROBLEM with it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% true
But his play on the field still had him graded as a 1st round pick. It is just an idea I threw out.
You might be right on, he was a first round grade early on. Maybe he would be worth a second. It would just be to big a risk for me. There seem to be quality prospects through the fourth round of this draft, the second is really stacked, buy if you hit on a tackle, you've hit it big

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had an all time terrible combine. I saw Bill Polian talking about how there has never been a player with his test scores that made it in the NFL. Fat, slow and weak...not a good combo

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Watt last year, thought he could handle SLB early on and grow into a 4-3 RDE. He looks good so far for Pittsburgh. Hope he stays healthy as that was a big question. He was healthy coming into the draft and was mostly fine last year in that regard.

Taco will be fine. I think he started coming on towards the end of the season, the last 3-4 games he was pretty good in limited action. I'm very intrigued to see what he has to offer this year. Taco seems to be undersold in a lot of football corners, but I am starting to think his ceiling may be a little higher than Watt's. Taco has ideal size you are looking for at the position, seems to be coachable, and long story short I have become a big fan of the pick.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leighton Vander Esch is the guy I am starting to think Dallas is going to hone in on for the 1st round pick. Vita Vea would be the Cowboys first preference, but will happily settle for Vander Esch. Just my opinion.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leighton Vander Esch is the guy I am starting to think Dallas is going to hone in on for the 1st round pick. Vita Vea would be the Cowboys first preference, but will happily settle for Vander Esch. Just my opinion.
It wouldn't be a bad year to double up on LB. Smith(via trade up), Evans, or Vander Esch in round one and another potential long term starter like Jewell or Griffin in the third. I will say though, if the FSU safety makes it out of the top 10, I believe Dallas goes hard for him

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be a bad year to double up on LB. Smith(via trade up), Evans, or Vander Esch in round one and another potential long term starter like Jewell or Griffin in the third. I will say though, if the FSU safety makes it out of the top 10, I believe Dallas goes hard for him

I hope you are right about the FSU safety.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised no one is mentioning Daron Payne as an option at 19.
He's a great player. Vea, Payne, one of the two guards, one of the two LB's one of the WR's...there's gonna be a great prospect or two available at 19 that also fills a huge need

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great player. Vea, Payne, one of the two guards, one of the two LB's one of the WR's...there's gonna be a great prospect or two available at 19 that also fills a huge need

Yep, the way I'm looking at it is we'd have to do something nuts for me to dislike our pick. We could go just about any position and I'm good with it. Either we fill a need or we take a position from good to great.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS has us taking Ridley. I think that would be great as long as we trade Bryant.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS has us taking Ridley. I think that would be great as long as we trade Bryant.
Maybe. If we ran out a four wide set of Dez, Ridley, Hurns and Beasley, with Zeke in the backfield and our OL, that's about as Dak Friendly as it could get..

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else on here watched Anthony Miller from Memphis play? I'm not sure if he won't be the best WR from this class.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. If we ran out a four wide set of Dez, Ridley, Hurns and Beasley, with Zeke in the backfield and our OL, that's about as Dak Friendly as it could get..
the only way that happens is if Bryant agrees to a restructured deal and Dallas finds safety and linebacker help somewhere

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else on here watched Anthony Miller from Memphis play? I'm not sure if he won't be the best WR from this class.
I think it's deeper at WR than most seem to. If I had to guess, I guess Sutton as the top guy. The guy that intrigues me a little later for this team is Chark. Wonder if he makes it to day 3 when we pick.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's deeper at WR than most seem to. If I had to guess, I guess Sutton as the top guy. The guy that intrigues me a little later for this team is Chark. Wonder if he makes it to day 3 when we pick.
Chark won't be there in the 4th. Not unless he has a dumbass attack and gets caught. If I were a betting man, he's a goner before the 3rd round. A team with a strong-armed QB and a need for a deep play WR will snatch him up. Carolina?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chark won't be there in the 4th. Not unless he has a dumbass attack and gets caught. If I were a betting man, he's a goner before the 3rd round. A team with a strong-armed QB and a need for a deep play WR will snatch him up. Carolina?
My bad, forgot Second day was round 2 and 3. For some reason was thinking it was just round 2 when I wrote that.:sorry: Meant "round 3" not day 3.

But I never play the won't be there game. Mocks are not reality. Planning and grading our draft around them is always the toughest part to read in the offseason for me. I tend to think he won't be there in the middle of the 3rd round either, which is why I was saying I "wonder" if he makes it to the "3rd round". But the numbers in College weren't great (QB play) Time will tell.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way that happens is if Bryant agrees to a restructured deal and Dallas finds safety and linebacker help somewhere
I believe the only way he gets cut is if they draft Sutton, Ridley, Kirk or Moore. It's out there that if the Cowboys had signed Watkins, they would have released Dez. They didn't cut him when they signed Hurd. JMO.
Also, this draft is deep at LB, starting caliber guys should be there into the fourth, is strong though round three

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many positions that could help this team that I am not giving up a pick unless the team loves a guy. If they feel there is a player worth trading up for and it is at a position of need I am all for it. The scouts have earned that right with recent draft picks (remember McClay wanted Watt over Taco)
The FSU safety Derwin James would be the only one I would trade up for. It is also a position of need. James would give the Cowboys the best young secondary in the NFL. Now I say that, but I also doubt that a team would let us trade up for him if he is sitting there at 10 or 12. There has been lots of talk about us drafting a LB in the 1st round. I dont see that happening and I dont think this draft is stacked with line backers. I watched Roquan Smith and I dont believe the hype. Not impressed. This draft seems to be stacked with corners and lineman on offense and defense. I would rather see us draft lineman or corner in the first round. Adding a legit corner to go with the young guys we already have would be ok with me. There are some great corners in this draft and one of them will be sitting there at 19.