• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(Don't) Fire Tim (Yet)

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw a name out: Gregg Marshall. the guy before him had built that team up somewhat, but he's kept it going for 10 years now, might be a guy that wants to step up to a bigger stage and he knows how to recruit to the middle of no where.

we arent going to buy out someone at a good school. if they are at another top tier program and trying to rebuild, we probably don't want them either. we need to find a lower tier guy that has had sustained success and bring that person in.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that a name is so important but maybe the person responsible for hiring might ask a couple of questions.
Questions like what kind of team do you envision here? Offense? Defense?
What kind of players do you need to build this team?
And finally, how are you going to get these players to come to Lincoln, Ne.?
Dr. Tom can coach a hell of a football team bless his heart, but when it comes to being an A.D., bless his heart.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HP if you want to throw out names at least be somewhat realistic. Throw some money at Dana Altman and see if he wants to come home. He might be a bit miffed that we never considered him for the job before though.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we pay Jay or Bill twice as much money as they make now to come wake a sleeping giant they won't want to come here because coming to coach at Nebraska is like shining the brass on the Titanic it's all going down

Yes.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact of the matter is, if you have a good job and you know you're set for the future, you probably aren't going to leave that job for a little more money at a start up company. Risk is too much.

It's easy for us to sit here and say we would, because none of us are currently making millions of dollars a year. None of us have the opportunity to fuck something like that up. We've got nothing to lose.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree we aren't the ones making that kind of cash. but why not take a pay raise, see what you can do, bank that extra money. worst that usually happens to these guys is they fall back to a couple 100k assistant gig for a few years and then they get another HC job. most could probably retire, but i'm guessing coaching and competition is in their blood and couldn't sit at home doing nothing.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am being realistic I'm taking Steinbrenner's approach and buying the best players possible or in this case the best coach possible. Do you think Alabama Michigan and Ohio State are regretting hiring high-dollar coaches you think Kentucky Duke and NC regret paying there coaches? The athletics department sole purpose is to generate money for the University regardless what anybody says. And by treading water with a bullshit 500 lifetime coach you're wasting more time and money doing that than just hiring a proven coaching staff.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be honest...I more worried about getting our football team to natties en sech

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it is well known by all that good coaches win games.

I also feel like Nebraska has a pretty fat checkbook.

So in turn, I feel like Nebraska would have made a big splash hire in either Football or Basketball by now. I don't think money is a concern. I think there's more to it than we realize.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it is well known by all that good coaches win games.

I also feel like Nebraska has a pretty fat checkbook.

So in turn, I feel like Nebraska would have made a big splash hire in either Football or Basketball by now. I don't think money is a concern. I think there's more to it than we realize.

BoP was one of the hottest candidates out there at the time.

Mike Riley was the anti-BoP and someone who wouldn't call einhorst a ****

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoP was one of the hottest candidates out there at the time.

Mike Riley was the anti-BoP and someone who wouldn't call einhorst a ****

Bopper was a hot candidate at Nebraska.

Not so much at other power 5 programs

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, we should throw 6 mil/year at Bill Selfs and see what happens

He already makes $5 million a year. Not coming here for a million more

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so I have a lil bit of foot in mouth disease. But we still need a upgrade.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should get Tyronn Lue since he was a former Husker and understands the Nebraska way. Then in a few years when Riley retires or dies, we bring in Scott Frost since he understands the Nebraska way. And finally we will have the trifecta of dynasties with Erstad in baseball as well.

All Nebraska athletics needs to be successful is somebody who understands the Nebraska history and culture.