• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears fire Getsy

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a story a story somewheres a couple of weeks ago( Ill try to find it),that Warren and Harbaugh do not get along at all whenWarren was the Big 10 commisioner/over see'r or whatever his title was.....
That could be a big readon.....I dunno.
I don’t even know why we brought that guy in.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching extensive youtube videos of Williams/Maye/Penix/Daniels. Williams is the goods imo. Daniels looks like the bust. All that guy's greatest plays are vs. scrubs or if he starts running.

inb4 Daniels is the best of them all....

Wanna have a laugh?

Watch the "highlight video" posted on tankathon for Daniels.

Like every f*cking play is a run:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even know why we brought that guy in.

Sadly, I had hopes he would change things...but he's just there for the stadium deal/finances it looks like...Should've known better.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the story:

Kevin Warren's relationship with Jim Harbaugh​

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer detailed a potential snag with Harbaugh coming to the Bears during an Oct. 24 radio appearance.

"The one hangup with him (Harbaugh) going to Chicago is the guy who would be hiring him there," Breer said. "I don't think those two are all warm and cuddly."

Bears president Kevin Warren is that guy, of course. Warren served as Big Ten commissioner from 2020-23. Warren was the commissioner during COVID-19 in 2020, and he canceled the Big Ten football season on Aug. 11, 2020. Harbaugh was one of the critics of that decision.

"Our student-athletes and coaches want to compete," Harbaugh said after the decision. "They have committed, trained and prepared their entire lives for this opportunity, and I know how much they're disappointed at this time. I share in their disappointment today."

The Big Ten ultimately did return to the field that season, and Warren stayed on as commissioner through Michigan’s Big Ten championship seasons in 2021 and 2022.

Warren also was commissioner when the NCAA launched an investigation into Michigan into whether Harbaugh had impermissible contact with recruits during COVID-19. Michigan self-imposed a three-game suspension on Harbaugh to start the 2023 season

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna have a laugh?

Watch the "highlight video" posted on tankathon for Daniels.

Like every f*cking play is a run:

Looks to be s Fields clone,which I love,but if he can read the defense,go thru progressions to see open recievers,passes on taget,Id love to have him.
If he has all those traits,we could trade a couple spots and still get him......we will see when the combine comes out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont let that be the telling tale.......its kinda like there may have been no scouting for Moss,figuring they were up against Williams.....
Its no different than Mullen,Browning,Flacco and a couple others coming in and doing a good job for their teams....
Would you start those guys over the starters.....hell no.

I think its the same case here.
That's one evasive maybe there Woodsy. Again, not knocking Williams talent, and I may have seen more of his play than anyone here on this board, if only because here in Vegas we catch a lot of Pac 12 games. To say I've been impressed with his play, especially last season, would be an understatement. But again, has he been that good or is it the system. How can a virtual newb come in cold and in a nationally televised game where the pressure and overall atmosphere is more charged than usual, and literally slay it. And with the concerns about Williams attitude and personna......suddenly that's all magically disappeared? If I recall correctly and I believe I have, you were the very first on this board to start slinging doubts over him. And now **poof**, those doubts have vanished?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time.... I've been holding my breath since the Monday following the Packer's game. >mutters<

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one evasive maybe there Woodsy. Again, not knocking Williams talent, and I may have seen more of his play than anyone here on this board, if only because here in Vegas we catch a lot of Pac 12 games. To say I've been impressed with his play, especially last season, would be an understatement. But again, has he been that good or is it the system. How can a virtual newb come in cold and in a nationally televised game where the pressure and overall atmosphere is more charged than usual, and literally slay it. And with the concerns about Williams attitude and personna......suddenly that's all magically disappeared? If I recall correctly and I believe I have, you were the very first on this board to start slinging doubts over him. And now **poof**, those doubts have vanished?

Well I know you have seen more than,I think cfb is boring and annoying......

But Ive been back and forth on Fields so many times this season on keeping him or not.....
Seems like everything I read or hear,Ive not heard a bad on him,other than this Miller kid coming in and killin it.....Could CW had the same type,very possible.
Well Caleb has had 400+ yard games with 6 tds.....
I know nothing of Louisville def if they are any good or not....I dont know.

And this system tjing I keep hearing,all teams have a system they put out on the field.....Its not like teams go out there and freelance it,they have a game plan they go out to implement.......

But Im not saying Poles needs to trade Fields,cause we sure are sitting sweet either way.....especially with two top 9 picks.
Trading from no.1 is gonna net a ton,probably more than Carolina gave us just for the fact of the name of Williams.......

Now if Poles deciides Maye or Daniels,Id be just as happy.........
But imho,I think Caleb is a Bear.......

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this solidifies we're still a team that rolls with "people we like" as long as they aren't obnoxiously horrible and a reasonable case can be made to keep them. It's sickening loyalty. Total "Us vs them" vibes ie: those in the building vs. those outside the building. That's all fine and dandy...if you win. But the Bears have fallen pitifully short time and time again over the past few decades to be given the benefit of the doubt. And the move to keep Eberflus (and possibly Fields) REEKS of more of the same.

Getting Harbaugh (or another solid coaching hire) would have been WAY more exciting and felt like, for once, the team was trying to take the next step. Sure it could have failed too...but now I fear we're a team with a ceiling with a suspect coach and probably a suspect QB. Will we win some games next year? Yeah. Do I think we'll raise a trophy in the near future? Not really.

The players, Eberflus and management/ownership all like Fields...so I'm fairly confident he will stay. Now it's just about how much we'll get for that 1 pick. Poles killed it last time so I'm expecting good things there. So that's a positive to fall back on...and hey, maybe we'll score somebody reasonable for OC...History is not our friend in that department, but one can hope.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on...and hey, maybe we'll score somebody reasonable for OC...History is not our friend in that department, but one can hope.

Thats funny you brought that up.....I just seen today we ate on our 13th oc in 26 years......
There were two that lasted more than two years,John Schoop and the other name escapes me right now.

Edit: Ron Turner.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think so?

*The Raiders on line, one*

:shrug:

They fired the offensive side coaching carousel.......

I imagine it depends on who they are and let them put their input in first......

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard that the rumor around the water fountain is that any team that takes Williams, it needs to be a package deal with Klif Kingsbury. So, if that is the case, then that is why you dump the oc, let KK be the guy and bring his crew. Trade JF for a haul, still get at least a first for him, if not multiple picks.

All I know is if played right, the North is gonna be a damn scary division for a while. Straight murderer's row to win the dang thing

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a story a story somewheres a couple of weeks ago( Ill try to find it),that Warren and Harbaugh do not get along at all whenWarren was the Big 10 commisioner/over see'r or whatever his title was.....
That could be a big reason.....I dunno.
I heard the same thing, so Warren is a brittle bitch who would take mediocre and good feelz over a great coach. Damn shame too

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Harbaugh (or another solid coaching hire) would have been WAY more exciting and felt like, for once, the team was trying to take the next step.
I always felt Harbaugh was never given any serious consideration unless the Bears not only canned the entire coaching staff, but Poles as well. Because Harbaugh likely would want more control over personnel decisions - perhaps rightfully so, as he's earned it. But my guess is the upper brass is quite satisfied with the job Poles has done to date. Hence, no Harbaugh.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard that the rumor around the water fountain is that any team that takes Williams, it needs to be a package deal with Klif Kingsbury. So, if that is the case, then that is why you dump the oc, let KK be the guy and bring his crew. Trade JF for a haul, still get at least a first for him, if not multiple picks.

All I know is if played right, the North is gonna be a damn scary division for a while. Straight murderer's row to win the dang thing

Well if the Bears hired Kliff it deginetley would mean CW is headed our way.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Bears hired Kliff it deginetley would mean CW is headed our way.....
That will be an interesting development to watch. And Kingsbury was mentioned in the Sun-Times article regarding 10 possible replacements for the OC position:

If the Bears decide to draft Williams, it’d make a ton of sense for the former Cardinals head coach and play-caller to come along with him. His style, though, might not mesh. Kingsbury ran the Air Raid offense in college and a similar spread style with the Cardinals. Both are pass-first approaches that could spell trouble in cold weather.

Not sure with that last line if it means it could spell trouble for opposing Ds or for our O due to this cold weather. And speaking of which, let's be honest, how often does the nasty weather truly have a big impact on the outcome of our games, win or lose? At most the Bears play 2-3 games each year in really frigid/snowy conditions. For this season the game against the Falcons might have tipped the scales in our favor, weather-wise. Can't think of any other.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's presser made me nauseous.
Apparently football isn't about wins, losses and stats anymore. It's about preparation, locker room leadership and "stability."

Havent been this sad since the Blackhawks of the 80s.

I can only hope that they accidentally and unintentionally stumble into a great OC and DC hire.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been keeping up with The Seahawks but others have said this would be a good hire?