• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(Don't) Fire Tim (Yet)

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all agree that Tim's talent evaluation has been awful and his recruiting has been a joke?

If Oregon can do what they're doing by upgrading their facilities, then we should be even better than them.

Better conference, better facilities, same amount of tradition.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delusional is more like it

Well lets see what you have to bring to the table. Who is the right guy for Nebraska basketball.

since you have all the answers.

and just to clarify I don't think that Nebraska is actually going to go out and get Jay Wright or chip Kelly but they should. but if they do get a big time head coach I would want pete carrol

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to honest I don't think that it is delusional at all. we need high caliber coaching staffs like that to make runs at national championships

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see what you have to bring to the table. Who is the right guy for Nebraska basketball.

since you have all the answers.

and just to clarify I don't think that Nebraska is actually going to go out and get Jay Wright or chip Kelly but they should. but if they do get a big time head coach I would want pete carrol

and to honest I don't think that it is delusional at all. we need high caliber coaching staffs like that to make runs at national championships

I haven't looked at possibilities of who Nebraska could hire. Of course I would like a high caliber proven coach but do you really think we can steal a top coach to Nebraska basketball who has been shit for a long time. They aren't going to want to come here.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebrasketball. Where coaching careers come to die

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that Jay wright would have huge success here. He can recruit and develop players. He owns the eastcoast. Big ten is more better then the big East. I think we need to raise the bar and hire a big time coach for the basketball team. It could help recruit to football too. So when players come on visits it not cold and the basketball team sucks ass. It's Yeah it's cold but the basketball game was epic Nebraska beat Kansas or creighton.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HP....it doesn't work that way.

Just like Nick Saban would never leave Alabama to go drive a shiny car like Oregon that has never been anywhere, Jay Wright would never leave Villanova for a shiny car like Nebraska that has never been anywhere.

When you're making millions of dollars and you're at a top tier program, the only place you would leave for is another top tier program.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest reason being you're risking your career over making a few extra bucks.

Just because you're Jay Wright doesn't mean you're going to come to Nebraska and be able to recruit the same kinda talent you were able to recruit at Villanova.

There is a different kind of brand name associated with Villanova than there is Nebraska. Kids want to feel important, so they lean towards those programs.

GhostRiderRushville

Original Caravan Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,103,757.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly sure we could hire God as our coach......and he couldn't recruit or get an NCAA Tournament win....:gaah:

But that was a great win over Southern last night.....:L

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I'm just using Jay Wright as an example of the kind of coach that we should be going after. And truthfully I would offer him five million dollars to coach a basketball team if it was up to me. We spent millions on the state-of-the-art facility and Stadium and we skimped on the coach. I am tired of being a testing ground for up and coming coaching staffs. Bill self at KU. We could get him. same recruiting battle grounds but we have better everything. And as for football same thing a proven winning coaching staff A head coach well above .500 over his coaching career. I am willing to give Mike Riley 5 years but so far all we're doing is treading water we need big-time recruits and we need big-time wins and we're not getting that. I will support this team 100℅ but we need to make big improvements. Obviously the new coaching hires with parrella, Williams. Are improvements. We just need to see it on the feild.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that Jay wright would have huge success here. He can recruit and develop players. He owns the eastcoast. Big ten is more better then the big East. I think we need to raise the bar and hire a big time coach for the basketball team. It could help recruit to football too. So when players come on visits it not cold and the basketball team sucks ass. It's Yeah it's cold but the basketball game was epic Nebraska beat Kansas or creighton.

Wouldn't wanting Jay Wright make you a Jaysker?

o-VAMPIRE-SCARED-CROSS-570.jpg

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I'm just using Jay Wright as an example of the kind of coach that we should be going after. And truthfully I would offer him five million dollars to coach a basketball team if it was up to me. We spent millions on the state-of-the-art facility and Stadium and we skimped on the coach. I am tired of being a testing ground for up and coming coaching staffs. Bill self at KU. We could get him. same recruiting battle grounds but we have better everything. And as for football same thing a proven winning coaching staff A head coach well above .500 over his coaching career. I am willing to give Mike Riley 5 years but so far all we're doing is treading water we need big-time recruits and we need big-time wins and we're not getting that. I will support this team 100℅ but we need to make big improvements. Obviously the new coaching hires with parrella, Williams. Are improvements. We just need to see it on the feild.

:facepalm5::burt: Well except any history of success like Kansas basketball has. It's like a great Husker football coach with championships leaving to go to Kansas football. No big elite coach is leaving and risking career like @Jack_John_Mark said for a little more money for a shit program like Nebraska basketball

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all agree that Tim's talent evaluation has been awful and his recruiting has been a joke?

If Oregon can do what they're doing by upgrading their facilities, then we should be even better than them.

Better conference, better facilities, same amount of tradition.
They have a better coach.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we pay Jay or Bill twice as much money as they make now to come wake a sleeping giant they won't want to come here because coming to coach at Nebraska is like shining the brass on the Titanic it's all going down