• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does It Bother Anyone Elitist Silicon Valley Gets The Super Bowl..

Is The NFL Anti-EveryGuy Fan?

• Sure...quit watching. I double dog dare you!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Nope. Only Commies like soccer.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • It's on TV...what kind of idiot pays $3,500 to see something with 16 cameras covering it?

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • I'm watching the kitty or doggie Bowl. Is Westminister Dog Show on?

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Eggs, bacon, Whole Wheet toast, OJ and coffee, Black, please.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid point, and maybe those dotcom ass0s would've came to the idea themselves eventually, but it at Lee's invitation/pitch that started the mass influx into Frisco. And don't get me wrong. I'm not a hater of upscale per se, but I'm if hangin out in or around Union Square and get an unction for a 24 dollar burger. I could take my ass to Morton's or just order room service from whichever hotel we're partying at/staying at and its on. I don't need to have 27 choices to choose from. Even more than that though, the vibe, soul, whatever you wanna call it, of the city is being stripped away.

The cost of living has become ridiculous in the entire region. That is one of several reasons I left years ago.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What cracks me up is somewhere cheap like Motel 6 will literally be $750 a night. It's a $10,000 weekend trip for two.

Maybe next door, but there are so many hotels all up and down the northern and southern peninsula that it isn't necessary top pay ridiculous prices.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa Clara is? I can't front. That stadium is the fuckin shit.
No, San Francisco. The reported amount is about $5 million, I think. It will be interesting to me to see how people not familiar with the area react when they get to SF and find out the actual game is over an hour away and there's not really any great public transportation system out here. The festivities surrounding the event are probably pretty cool, but they are nowhere near the stadium. There's nothing but office buildings near the stadium (I can see it from my office) so I wonder if they will go to downtown San Jose or what.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, San Francisco. The reported amount is about $5 million, I think. It will be interesting to me to see how people not familiar with the area react when they get to SF and find out the actual game is over an hour away and there's not really any great public transportation system out here. The festivities surrounding the event are probably pretty cool, but they are nowhere near the stadium. There's nothing but office buildings near the stadium (I can see it from my office) so I wonder if they will go to downtown San Jose or what.
I would probably get a hotel somewhere on the peninsula and then take Caltrain down to the stadium

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe next door, but there are so many hotels all up and down the northern and southern peninsula that it isn't necessary top pay ridiculous prices.
On the news this morning, they said rooms at the Francis Drake are going for around $1k a night, as well as the shitty Traveler's Lodge in the same area. Ridiculous. Last week, the Marriott & Hyatt down the street from the stadium said they still had rooms available. Not sure what the rate is, but the regular rate is about $350/night.
I would probably get a hotel somewhere on the peninsula and then take Caltrain down to the stadium

Good idea if you're somewhat familiar with the area, but the closest you'd get would be the Lawrence Caltrain, then you'd have to take a cab or something from there. Or you could go to maybe Mountain View then get the lightrail from there. We just don't have a good public transportation system, IMO. And if you're here for the weekend, Santa Clara itself has shit for entertainment, so you'd definitely want to stay somewhere closer to the party. Or at least i would, if I was dropping that much money on a weekend trip.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will be in the damn hood in houston in a few years

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This poll is stupid...

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is Frisco footing a bill for Santa Clara? Agreed on the distance from Frisco to SC and the lack of public transpo if people are silly enough to come out here willy nilly w/o any or very little planning.

And even moreso on the public tanspo thing. I know we're a car culture and all that yadda yadda yadda here in Cali, but we're gonna have to do something from an entire state level thing about our traffic.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Frisco footing a bill for Santa Clara? Agreed on the distance from Frisco to SC and the lack of public transpo if people are silly enough to come out here willy nilly w/o any or very little planning.

And even moreso on the public tanspo thing. I know we're a car culture and all that yadda yadda yadda here in Cali, but we're gonna have to do something from an entire state level thing about our traffic.
As far as i can tell, just about everything but the game is going on in SF. They're setting up the "NFL Experience" at Moscone Center and "Super Bowl City" is at Justin Herman Plaza on Market. They're closing a ton of streets in downtown SF starting today or over last weekend. I think because the team is officially the "San Francisco" 49ers and the official host, they are doing everything up there. Like I said, I can literally see the stadium from my office and there ain't shit going on here. They're doing a media day at SAP Center (where the Sharks play) and the team's practice facilities are not in the city (San Mateo & Alameda, I think) but other than that, they are trying to get everyone to stay (and spend) in SF.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt bother me at all.

Supply & demand = capitalism = good

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa Clara is? I can't front. That stadium is the fuckin shit.
Best stadium I've ever been in.

Especially if you aren't really watching the game. Wifi is faster than the library.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure some enterprising Uber and/or shuttle drivers will arrange game day transportation between the City and the stadium. For the right price.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never attend a Superbowl in my lifetime, so it doesn't really bother me.

Given the expense, the really oppressive security, the crowds, food costs, lines for vendors and the smelly ass restrooms, noise and lack of vantage point, plus its a BIG FAT terrorist target, I prefer to stay in the comfort of my living room with large screen HD, some friends (6-8 max), Train Wreck weed, grilled chicken, steak and sausages, hors d'oerves, dips, chip, etc. good wine and craft beer.

Its not rocket science.

I think the people who attend are corporate sponsors, clients and guests, hard core fans, celebrities and elitist posers.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just waiting for the SB to come to Lambeau.
Could Green Bay even handle that influx of people? There probably aren't enough hotels in the area. It's like 2 hours from the Milwaukee airport too.